BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Denver isn't going to do anything in the playoffs

Everyone talks about how deep this team is but really, they just have role players up and down their roster.

They're not going to beat OKC, Portland, San Antonio, Clippers, or the Grizzlies in the playoffs.

Denver does not have a closer. When the game is tight down the stretch, they have no one to goto. It was pretty pathetic watching them blow a big lead against Memphis earlier in the week.

When the game was tied and Denver had the last shot, who did they goto? ANDRE MILLER! That's pretty bad.

Denver is lucky they have George Karl. He is doing a great job with a bunch of average NBA players. If they get into the Playoffs, they will once again go quietly.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

completely agree....teams like this never get it done come playoff time. NBA is a league thats all about superstars.

with that said, they are still better off without their former "superstar".

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    completely agree....teams like this never get it done come playoff time. NBA is a league thats all about superstars. with that said, they are still better off without their former "superstar".
    I agree that they are better without Melo but that isn't saying much.

Even getting into the playoffs with Denver's roster should be a testament to how good Karl is.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

1) poor defense 2) not a good rebounding team 3) don't have reliable low post-up game 4) don't have definitive closers.

those 4 weaknesses = recipe for disaster come playoff time

shooting jumpers and trying to run all night doesn't get it done in the postseason. Playoff basketball is an entirely different animal than regular season basketball

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    poor defense, not a good rebounding team, don't have reliable low post-up game, don't have definitive closers. those 4 weaknesses = recipe for disaster come playoff time
    You're are spot on.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's their third game in a row, relax guys, they are actually pretty good. heat lose to bucks, lakers lose to jazz sometimes, it's about tiredness on the road.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    it's their third game in a row, relax guys, they are actually pretty good. heat lose to bucks, lakers lose to jazz sometimes, it's about tiredness on the road.
    It's everyone's third game in a row. Denver lost to the Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Blazers because those tams are all better.

They had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter in Memphis and couldn't close it out because they lack a closer.

They won't do anything in the playoffs. I'm sick of hearing about how deep and dangerous they are. No one on that roster really scares me.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

only agree cause i lost money on thm tn

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Another thing is the one thing they do have will mean fukk all in the playoffs.

People like to rave about their bench, but it doesn't mean much in the playoffs. In the postseason benches shorten greatly. Teams go with 8 man rotations, sometimes even 7. This is because 1) the games matter a hell of a lot more, and 2) there's 2 and 3 days off between playoff games so starters see more minutes and can play at a high level throughout all those minutes.

So their bench won't even help them much when playoff time comes around. A team like Memphis would easily beat Denver in a 7 game series. That's a team that can play D and is much better in the paint (2 things that are far more vital for playoff success than just running and turning the ball over alot - as denver does)

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

It's everyone's third game in a row. Denver lost to the Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, and Blazers because those tams are all better.

They had a double digit lead in the 4th quarter in Memphis and couldn't close it out because they lack a closer.

They won't do anything in the playoffs. I'm sick of hearing about how deep and dangerous they are. No one on that roster really scares me.
    well, i have noticed one thing, and that is that Nene can't do anything against andrew bynum. bynum completely took Nene out of the game last night, owning him completely. but i think denver can compete with okc and clippers.

BigDofBA

I'm just sick of hearing about how deep they are. When the best thing about your team is your bench, it's not good.

People talk about how deep they are because their starting 5 is average. Lawson is ok. Nene is ok. Gallo can hit a shot but do those guys really scare the Lakers, Clippers, Blazers, Thunder, Grizzlies, Spurs???? No.

Mad props to George Karl for working miracles there but this team isn't a serious threat. Portland and Memphis are way bigger threats than this team.

BigDofBA

Is Denver going to make the playoffs?

It's not a good sign when you're getting waxed at home by Houston.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

houston is a decent team and there record is only a game behind denver.

that being said i already said the other day denver is regressing. books are getting there denver money back slowly.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

no nene no affalo

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Denver will help the opponents' big stars juice up the stats.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Denver isn't as good as they were playing but they have a big time homecourt advantage which could be huge in a playoff series. Would not be surprised to see them in the western conference finals.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    no nene no affalo
    no mozgov and lost Gallinari in the 3q

Was going to be tough without any inside presence.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Denver isn't as good as they were playing but they have a big time homecourt advantage which could be huge in a playoff series. Would not be surprised to see them in the western conference finals.

only because the west is a joke

dallas no chance to repeat.

okc is good and so is portland

lakers

clippers need time out second round

mem and sas not good enough

conf is so shit. all teams about the same except okc and port a notch above over a 7 game series.

i honestly can see the trailblazers in the finals.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I'd play through Ty Lawson in the clutch. Guy can create his own shots, pick and roll with Nene or dish it out to open shooters.

You don't necessary need ISO down the stretch.

BigDofBA

I agree about Portland. They have a really good team.

That being said, I think the Heat get it done this year.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

only because the west is a joke

dallas no chance to repeat.

okc is good and so is portland

lakers

clippers need time out second round

mem and sas not good enough

conf is so shit. all teams about the same except okc and port a notch above over a 7 game series.

i honestly can see the trailblazers in the finals.
    I have always been a portland fan behind my local squad... Maybe it's because i used to root for them against your lakers

The '99 series was probably the best playoff series i can remember watching but my window only goes back to around 97 or so.

But yes, i agree about them. Wouldn't be shocked if they made the finals although it probably won't happen.

hawley

Portland need to figure out how to win on the road to make any noise this year although they have the roster to do it

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Portland need to figure out how to win on the road to make any noise this year although they have the roster to do it

most important thing to remember. take portland on the road the first two playoff games. if they win the first one then leave the second one. everyone is gonna fade them large on the road.

CertainValor
    CertainValor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92

Denver needs a closer, as you mentioned. But to go from that to "they're only making the playoffs because of George Karl." is a bit silly. They're a player away. A lot of teams are.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

Agreed , watched them play the last few games and total disappointed

BigDofBA

Denver was up 5 with 30 seconds left and still lost.

Durant = Closer. Denver.....they have no one.

Pauulzcappin

They player a good game tonight, no Gallo, Nene and maybe Chandler who's possibly signing back.

Wonder if this thread would have been bumped if they won the game.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    They player a good game tonight, no Gallo, Nene and maybe Chandler who's possibly signing back. Wonder if this thread would have been bumped if they won the game.
    They didn't win because they couldn't finish. They don't have a closer. Good teams win games like this, mediocre teams lose them.

Denver played great and still lost the game by 6.

hawley

Denver was up 5 with 30 seconds left and still lost.

Durant = Closer. Denver.....they have no one.

Ohhh yea how good were Durant and Westbrook down the stretch against hte Rockets

Short memory?

Pauulzcappin

Don't disagree there. Karl should be ashamed of that Lawson's pullup three to run out of the clock. It was obvious OKC was gonna score afterwards.

I still think they could make some noise depending on who they get on the first round.

But yeah, even with all the depth, they are one superstar away.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Ohhh yea how good were Durant and Westbrook down the stretch against hte Rockets Short memory?
    Well, considering OKC has the best record in the West, I would say they have been pretty damn good all year. They're allowed to lose once in a while.

Nice try though.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

OKC/Heat finals. Heat in 5

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

BigD - Westbrook sure hits a sweet jumper, was hitting mid-long range 2s all day long. I used to think he was an overrated, arrogant, all flash player but he sure changed my opinion tonight. He got game

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    OKC/Heat finals. Heat in 5
    I'll be happy if OKC makes it the finals.

I do agree, I think the Heat win it all. They got there last year. This year they finish the deal.

OKC's time will come but most likely not this year.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

george karl proved again he cant coach an nba team.. fkker goes small against a red hot dirk and mavs team.