frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Lakers has the worst bench in the league

Their starting 5 is probably the best the league next to the Miami Heats. But their bench is non existent, that's why this team won't advance in the playoffs.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

have

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LMAO yeah Fisher and Barnes are awesome, Fisher wouldnt start for anyone else,and Barnes would only start for scrap heap teams. But yeah their bench is horrible.

Bottom line with Lakers is if 2 of the 3 guys who they have that can actually play dont have good games they dont win. They have zero margin for error. In comparison you look at the Clippers and they have 6 or 7 options. Paul has a bad night there are a couple guys who can step in. Billups sucks? Mo Williams does it. Someone has to take a night or two off? They have legit guys to step in. There isnt anyone on the Clippers that cant have an off night and worry about that being a reason for a loss.

If Kobe scores 60 and Bynum and Gasol stink Lakers lose, if Bynum has a double double and dominates and Kobe shoots 40% and gasol is lost they lose. How many big games have these guys each had and they still lost? If two of them arent having a good game lakers are in trouble. Sure they can beat up some softer teams with a good effort and a couple mediocre ones, but that isnt going to get it done against decent teams.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

they're a garbage team and totally irrelevant

nobody cares

Bbobbi
    Bbobbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

lakers do not have a bench. The majority of their bench is averaging around 3-4 points per game which is unacceptable. Andrew Goudelock is starting to step up but that is not going to help the Lakers. We picked up Kapono and Murphy to hit those outside jumpshots but they gave not been delivering. they only hit those shots when it doesnt matter. And when we put them out on the floor it is irrelevant plays and were up by 20+. Lakers desperatly need someone else to step up besides kobe and maybe bynum and gasol can do it but they need to be consistent. I wasnt able to catch tonights lose but hopefully they get things on track before the playoffs.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

I said weeks ago that the Laker's bench is the worst in the NBA. Half of these guys you've never even heard of. The Starters have to play too many minutes every night which may lead to a Bynum, Kobe or Gasol injury. The 3 of them are averaging like 37 minutes a night. Bad recipe for big men and an aging Kobe.

The good thing is that their betting lines are still inflated because everyone thinks they are the Lakers of old. Good team to fade right now, especially this road trip.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

PR9 still power posting 18 hours a day

Guy was a laker fan during Kobe-Shaq era, then became a pistons fan, then back to lakers when they got gasol, last year was a mavs fan, and is now a heat fan until they lose again in the playoffs
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

zsr

hey "wantitall" you realize the lakers and clippers have the same number of wins right

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

andrew goudlock is awesome, new guy for laker bench. he was the star for college of charleston and they were MONEY last year because of him. i used to bet college of charleston all the time, i love that kid.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    andrew goudlock is awesome, new guy for laker bench. he was the star for college of charleston and they were MONEY last year because of him. i used to bet college of charleston all the time, i love that kid.
    He could be a game changer, especially with Blake out. Kid is balling right now.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Their starting 5 is probably the best the league next to the Miami Heats. But their bench is non existent, that's why this team won't advance in the playoffs.
    A Denver fan would be pretty knowledgeable about not advancing in the playoffs.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    hey "wantitall" you realize the lakers and clippers have the same number of wins right
    LMAO Lakers have played 2 more games, Chris paul took 6 games off, Mo williams took 3 games, Caron Butler has missed a couple.

Take that into account. What would Lakers be like if Gasol or Kobe missed 6 games? Or if they had a starter and a top bench guy miss 3 games? Well they dont have a bench so that might be moot.

Also compare strength of schedules right now. So if Clips are 16-8 after 24 games will that matter? Hell they should beat Orl too since theyre shit now. So after their 24th game they should really be 17-7. That makes them 3 games better than LA in the win column doesnt it>?

Despite all hat youre also wrong Clippers have 15 wins and Lakers only have 14.

zsr

You also don't seem to realize there sixth man has been out most of the season.

I just think it's comical you continue to post nonsense. How's that 24-42 prediction looking?

It's not even worth arguing with you anymore TBH, your a fukin moron and you think your smarter then general managers and coaches for fuks sake.

jackdean33
    jackdean33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

He could be a game changer, especially with Blake out. Kid is balling right now.
    Lakers find an ok kid nothing more nothing less and they start saying he is their future pg and amazing kid and shit, his overhyped.

wantitall4moi

You also don't seem to realize there sixth man has been out most of the season.

I just think it's comical you continue to post nonsense. How's that 24-42 prediction looking?

It's not even worth arguing with you anymore TBH, your a fukin moron and you think your smarter then general managers and coaches for fuks sake.
    LMAO steve blake is their sixth man? Really? If he is the guy they think can replace Odom then the lakers really are in trouble.

I said if Kobe didnt play and got wrist surgery they would have less than 25 wins.

Lakers suck and eventually it will all come crashing down. Kobe playing 40 minutes every night, Bynum and Gasol playing at least 37 or 38 just to be contending with the borderline teams.

I hope lakers make a 7 seed actually just so they get a shitty pick and stay stuck in shit land for the next 15 years. You think I really care about some comment I made about them being a lottery team? I couldnt care less you are the guys who got all bent out of shape about it.

Laker fans on here begging for wins so this shit team can squeak into the play offs in a 7 or 8 seed just to be swept out in 4 games and then sit there with a number 20 or so pick in the draft. The clincher will be if Dallas wins and gets a number 3 seed and Lakers have a 26 or 27 pick with that trade.

But since you love talking about NBA GMs so much how smart do you think Mitch Cupcake is? Other than having Jerry West give him a player for nothing the guy hasnt done shit. Not even close. Andrew Bynum wasnt even his decison that one was all Jerry Buss. So Cupcake cant even take credit for Bynum.

zsr

do you not realize they just won 2 championships because he traded for pau?

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    they're a garbage team and totally irrelevant nobody cares
    UMADBRO? Lakers are sucking and they're still as relevant as the Heat.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

even Fisher sucks.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    they're a garbage team and totally irrelevant

nobody cares
    Fukkin frontrunner has a Kobe jersey in his closet

Now Heat and Wade.

Big Bama football fan pal?

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 513

they are a 3 man team

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

hey want it all why do you hate the lakers so much? did you have sac in game 4 in 2002?

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

JR Smith for the Lakers

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

Clippers are way better this season and will roast LAL in playoffs.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

our bench isn't that bad, mcroberts and murphy as the backup bigs is good enough for me, it's just that the talent level from gasol and bynum is too far, that's why it is being overstated, IMO they are the best PF and C combination in the league, no team has a 4 and 5 as good as these 2, our point guards suck that's the only problem for LA now, we have derek" you can blow by me anytime u want" fisher and a young G lock, world peace isn't that bad, he isn't what he used to be but he still can defend or intimidate opponents, those won't show up in the boxscore

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Phili is going to handle the Lakers on Monday. Phili just has too many scoring options and is way too deep. Probably going to make a play on Phili - whatever for the game, as well as Phili 2Q (phii's bench vs LA's bench).