brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Could Derrick Rose Have Been a Great NFL WR???

6'3 190, unbelievable speed and agility, quickness, insane vertical, strong, great body control in traffic

He could have been a 2 inches shorter version of Randy Moss

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

definitely. as far as athletic ability and hands he would be at an all pro level.

idk how well he can catch or take hits tho

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

why would any great NBA player consider playing NFL?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Lol you been on the bench for like a month know and this is the thread you come back into the game with?

haha

81_84
    81_84's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is par for course with BB.

Give us some more insight like how Dwight Howard is stronger than any NFL player. How the fuk could you say something so dumb & wrong.

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Quote Originally Posted by 81_84 View Post

Give us some more insight like how Dwight Howard is stronger than any NFL player. How the fuk could you say something so dumb & wrong.
    says the fukkin guy who has been here three weeks

who's fukkin ghost are you casper

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

lol.. did he even play football in high school? Lebron was a high school all american at wr...

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

I concur with the original question here. The two sports are somewhat related. Antonio Gates and Charlie Ward are the first two other basketball-football athletes I can think of.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

His NFL comparison would be Steve Smith of the Panthers.

dshaffe4
    dshaffe4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1680

smitty bitch. athletic ability yes, attitude completely different. i mean i love my steve smith but dang. haha i was there when he punched that dude in the face during training camp.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Could brahma suck a golf ball through a garden hose?

Guys who play point or swing spots in NBA could all likely play football but why bother. Too physical. Worse contracts. Less endorsement opportunities.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

He looks more like a RB to me the way he darts through defenses But football is a different animal. You have to want to be hit. Lots of guys are athletically gifted enough, but you have to have a crazy gene to want to be hit. Lots of basketball players could play FB because they're great athletes, but if you can play hoops, why would you want to play FB and take senseless beatings. Same for baseball. Guys that can play those sports usually pass on football.

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd like to see Julius Peppers in the NBA.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Quote Originally Posted by RoadFavorites$$$ View Post
    Yeah, he played college BB didn't he?

brahmabull117

Basketball is a more skill sport than football is IMO. I don't think there's any guarantee that Peppers could be a good NBA player just because of his freaky natural gifts

Look at a guy like Jimmy Graham who could never play professional basketball but has basically turned himself into the greatest pass catching tight end ever in a couple years just due to pure athletic ability

outside of the QB positions, football is the least skilled out of the big 4 sports IMO. I think Rose, assuming he could take hits, could easily become a top 3 NFL receiver in just a couple years

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by 81_84 View Post

You got me mixed up with somebody else

Some idiot on here claimed that Dwight Howard was stronger than NFL player when he barely benches about 70% of what the average NFL offensive lineman benches

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

No, he'd be a poor mans Desean Jackson. One big hit and he drops everything from then on. At best he could be a poor mans Steve Smith, like someone else mentioned, but I just don't think he has the toughness/mean streak. There's a big difference between NBA tough and NFL tough

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    His NFL comparison would be Steve Smith of the Panthers.

steve smith is 5'9"

anyway who fukkin cares?

op is a fukkin moron

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    steve smith is 5'9" anyway who fukkin cares? op is a fukkin moron
    Oh they aren't the exact same height so the comparison is irrelevant. Thank god you came in here to clear things up.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Anybody can be a NFL wide receiver. If you can play point guard in the NBA, equivalent to a NFL QB, Rose or Lebron James both would be deadly receivers.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Basketball is a more skill sport than football is IMO. I don't think there's any guarantee that Peppers could be a good NBA player just because of his freaky natural gifts

Look at a guy like Jimmy Graham who could never play professional basketball but has basically turned himself into the greatest pass catching tight end ever in a couple years just due to pure athletic ability

outside of the QB positions, football is the least skilled out of the big 4 sports IMO. I think Rose, assuming he could take hits, could easily become a top 3 NFL receiver in just a couple years
    I really love this new trend of people comparing a microscopic sample size of players and determining that NFL players are far less athletic than NBA players.

Stop watching ESPN kid.

RoadFavorites$$$

Quote Originally Posted by rsnnh12 View Post
    No, he'd be a poor mans Desean Jackson. One big hit and he drops everything from then on. At best he could be a poor mans Steve Smith, like someone else mentioned, but I just don't think he has the toughness/mean streak. There's a big difference between NBA tough and NFL tough
    this is a dumb question, I just find it funny some most likely unathletic guy is really questioning Rose's toughness on a message board...

rsnnh12

this is a dumb question, I just find it funny some most likely unathletic guy is really questioning Rose's toughness on a message board...
    Try again, Kerry

I didn't say he wasn't tough. For the NBA, he is very tough. Do you honestly think he could survive a hit from Ray Lewis across the middle or Brandon Meriweather deep? I doubt it. Nothing against Rose, but I just don't see him as the type to take a big hit and not be affected, ala Desean Jackson.

RoadFavorites$$$

Try again, Kerry

I didn't say he wasn't tough. For the NBA, he is very tough. Do you honestly think he could survive a hit from Ray Lewis across the middle or Brandon Meriweather deep? I doubt it. Nothing against Rose, but I just don't see him as the type to take a big hit and not be affected, ala Desean Jackson.
    who can survive a hit from ray lewis across the middle? Most WR's that get blindsided over the middle are usually out for the game. There are plenty of wide receivers as thin as Rose... Jackson/Johnny Knox/Hester, etc.... they are still out there... this thread, while stupid, doesn't say anything about Rose being an iron man WR. Most WR's can't take those hits that you're thinking of. Which is why the league has made them illegal and which is why when it happens the WR is laying on the ground for 10 minutes and then has an array of tests he has to pass before he can play again.

rsnnh12

who can survive a hit from ray lewis across the middle? Most WR's that get blindsided over the middle are usually out for the game. There are plenty of wide receivers as thin as Rose... Jackson/Johnny Knox/Hester, etc.... they are still out there... this thread, while stupid, doesn't say anything about Rose being an iron man WR. Most WR's can't take those hits that you're thinking of. Which is why the league has made them illegal and which is why when it happens the WR is laying on the ground for 10 minutes and then has an array of tests he has to pass before he can play again.
    Exactly! Look where Knox and Jackson are now... broken. No longer great receivers. Doesn't that answer the dumb question? That he would not have made a great NFL WR, because he doesn't have the freakish size/strength of a great NFL WR?

I'm not making fun of your boyfriend, relax

RoadFavorites$$$

Exactly! Look where Knox and Jackson are now... broken. No longer great receivers. Doesn't that answer the dumb question? That he would not have made a great NFL WR, because he doesn't have the freakish size/strength of a great NFL WR?

I'm not making fun of your boyfriend, relax
    Knox was never a great receiver... and Desean Jackson is still a great receiver when he tries.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

Rose would be like a Marvin Harrison type

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knox was never a great receiver... and Desean Jackson is still a great receiver when he tries.
    Desean is a great receiver?? What?? Just running go-routes = great receiver? Put the crack pipe down.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

welcome back brahmabull

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Its the hitting that you just do not know

Not everyone wants to get hit

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

You people do realize guys like gates and graham etc don't make it to the nba because not a lack of skill but they would be extremely undersized playing against 6 10 or 7 foot guys in the nba

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

i'd take Lebron at Tight End before I took Rose at WR. Taking a hit at the high D-1 level separates alot of high school stars from college. and it can also separate some wheat from chaff in the NFL.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

good to see u brahm, any sucker teaser for the big game today?

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

wonder if Shaq would have been any good at defensive tackle

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Why play in the NFL if you have talent for the NBA?

12 Last