Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Am I off base for thinking NBA is whore shit now?

Top heavy teams taking talent from others. You have exceptions sure like Denver and Memphis who are just a teams full of fukkin warriors, but for the most part teams and markets are hurting bad.

Pistons
    Kings
    Nets
    Raptors
    Bobcats
    Wizards
    Hornets
    Warriors
    Cavaliers
    Suns

All those teams are whore shit. NBA is too lopsided. Maybe I am off base though.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

The thing is is that many of those teams were contenders at some point in the last 10-15 years. Except for the Raptors, they've always sucked

--I'm a Raptors fan btw

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Scheduling is further exposing lower tier teams...can't remember it ever being this bad.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

pistons, nets, wizards, cavs, suns all dug their own grave... only the strong (and smart) survive

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Pacers are a nice surprise. They're 16-6 and balling.

Plus most of their games have been on the road. They're 6-1 at home thus far. Highly underrated team

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Deuce I'll buy you a dozen donuts you fat fukk

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

NHL way better in every way.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Baseball isn't much different....just that the nature of the game is that lesser teams can win one out of three in a series....doesn't mean they have any better chance to make playoffs or win anything

Nfl is the only league with real parity

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Read Dan Gilbert's (the Cavs owner) letter to David Stern if you can find it. In the letter he says there are about 5 elite teams or something and the rest of the teams are the "Washington Generals" to those teams. I think it was right on the money and when you get an insider like that saying it, it's worth a lot imho.

The poster who said only the strong survive is right though because there a few small market teams who are very good so management still plays a huge roll in all this.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Pacer are solid because they play as a team. No superstar egos getting in the way. Granger and Hibbert are both very underrated imo. They are definitely a team you can root for.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    NHL way better in every way.

Very true. Bottom feeder teams still with talent.

NHL so close in terms of teams being strong.

Take a look at the top 8 in each division. 9pts separates 1-8 in the East. 14 in the West. Detroit is just too good, what can I say?

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Pacers are a nice surprise. They're 16-6 and balling.

Plus most of their games have been on the road. They're 6-1 at home thus far. Highly underrated team
    pacers, sixers, grizz, nuggets, ect... all show that with solid management, good coaching, and team basketball, you can be successful in this league with or without the superstars. They may not win a championship, but relevancy is what matters in this league

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Did I miss something and the NHL is now a different sport than hockey?

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    The thing is is that many of those teams were contenders at some point in the last 10-15 years. Except for the Raptors, they've always sucked

--I'm a Raptors fan btw
    We got screwed with Bargs for that #1 pick

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    Read Dan Gilbert's (the Cavs owner) letter to David Stern if you can find it. In the letter he says there are about 5 elite teams or something and the rest of the teams are the "Washington Generals" to those teams. I think it was right on the money and when you get an insider like that saying it, it's worth a lot imho.

The poster who said only the strong survive is right though because there a few small market teams who are very good so management still plays a huge roll in all this.
    Funny how Gilbert never wrote that letter when he was one of the 5 elite teams for 6 years

Small market teams have to draft better and build within and not rely on the FA market. Paxson and Ferry were horseshit GM's that did more to hurt Cleveland then help. Paxson lost Boozer and got nothing for him. Ferry lost Lebron and got meaningless picks in the next 4/5 years in return. I'm a Cleveland fan and Gilbert needs to shut the fuk up. Cleveland was one of the highest salaried teams when they had Lebron. Now he's cut bait and enjoyed sellouts last year from folks committing years ago

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Last time I checked, the OKC Thunder had the best record in the NBA and our payroll is 20th in the league.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

NBA has sucked since the late 90's. I was hoping they stayed on strike permanently.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Biggest problem in the nba is reffing

Everyone questions whether games are fixed...and history has shown they might be....possibly by gamblers and by stern. But in general reffing is horrid.
    Points Awarded:

macoeric gave InTheDrink 12 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: macoeric

macoeric
    Update your status
    macoeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8059

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Everyone questions whether games are fixed...and history has shown they might be....possibly by gamblers and by stern. But in general reffing is horrid.
    Could not agree more

Mac4Lyfe

Reffing is a problem in every competitive sport nowadays. The NFL is horseshit and baseball won't get out of the stoneage. Hell even tennis has bullshit line judges that are either blind or on the fix. College sports? Give me a break. Reffing is a problem in anything that takes bets.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reffing is a problem in every competitive sport nowadays. The NFL is horseshit and baseball won't get out of the stoneage. Hell even tennis has bullshit line judges that are either blind or on the fix. College sports? Give me a break. Reffing is a problem in anything that takes bets.
    At least tennis is doing something about the shittiness of line judges. Most other sports could introduce technology to help the flow of the game but they're all still in the stone age ways of thinking.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

You can blame incompetence in the other leagues.....in the nba it's proven to be just plain cheating.

Mac4Lyfe

You can blame incompetence in the other leagues.....in the nba it's proven to be just plain cheating.
    You must have missed all the inadvertent whistles in the NFL this year...

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Let me know when an nfl ref serves time for his actions on the field

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

No. But it might be horse shit.