samitarian
    samitarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Utah +5.5??? possibly my bet of the year

Few days ago if i remember correctly kings were +6.5 here.

This might be my biggest nba bet of the year, unless u guys give me some angle im missing out on.

Millsap and Al will dominate the paint, lee and biedrins cant defend those 2. Also its not like warriors have a solid perimeter defence, they are shit at it.

Utah coming off a tough home loss but they can surely cover if not win in straight? Thoughts?

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

They can easily win SU.. Looks like a horrible line, they will score at will vs GS tonight

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Line is pretty weird. I was thinking GS -3. The fact that this line keeps going up indicates that Vegas thinks GS will cover. Not saying they will, but as a UTA backer you have to question why that line keeps looking better and better for UTA backers.

GS has its problems, but they are a touch matchup for a team coming off a game the day before because of their high tempo offense. If GS can keep UTA off the glass, GS covers easy.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

remember that Utah is nowhere near the road team they are as a team at home. They've played a thousand and one home games recently which may delude people on who they really are

If Golden State can cream the likes of Chicago and Portland at home on b2b's then surely they have the ability to cream utah off a b2b as well

HendoNation
    HendoNation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1194

Funny, I took GS as one of my bigger bets of the year. I liked them initially and line movement favors them big time

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    remember that Utah is nowhere near the road team they are as a team at home. They've played a thousand and one home games recently which may delude people on who they really are If Golden State can cream the likes of Chicago and Portland at home on b2b's then surely they have the ability to cream utah off a b2b as well
    Yep, Utah has played twice as many home games as away games. And Utah was in a dogfight last night with LA, and that game didn't end until 10:30 PST, which means they probably didn't get to their hotel in Oakland until around 2 or 3 in the morning.

The big discrepancy in this game is the rebounding. UTA ranks 8th in rebounding differential, and GS is dead last. It will be key that David Lee stays out of foul trouble, because there is no way Udoh or anyone else off the GS bench can handle Jefferson and Milsap.

IMO, this is a bad spot for Utah.

BayArea888
    BayArea888's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5860

remember that Utah is nowhere near the road team they are as a team at home. They've played a thousand and one home games recently which may delude people on who they really are

If Golden State can cream the likes of Chicago and Portland at home on b2b's then surely they have the ability to cream utah off a b2b as well
    not necessarily. do not mislead yourself when using the transitive property to analyze NBA games. many times people make the mistake of assuming that if Team A beats Team B; and Team B beats Team C; then Team A will beat Team C.

and besides, the winning margins of the warriors' wins this season is not high at all (i do not have the exact number for you here). these wins are usually by a small margin, from a closely contested match...usually comes down to the last second.

also like the under despite Brandon Rush's amazing 3pt %...see a lot of turnovers on both sides and well, we all know about golden state's finishing abilities on fast breaks...my $0.02

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Nice call. Utah does suck on the road