BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

How do you beat against the 'Heatles'

I can understand betting against them or laying off the game, but how do you bet against them? They have the ability to beat great teams by 10+ and bad teams by 25+. Sure, they slip up against a trash team here and there, but who doesn't? I'm shocked people fade these guys. They're too good. I'm sure a lot of SBR has lost alot of $ fading them, thinking 'Well they played the Bobcats close' and they crush their next opponent by 25. Or typical NO game, down at half and win by 14. You can't predict when they will slip up, so lay off the game. Or back them

Megatron81lions
    Megatron81lions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 118

They are so inconsistent. Yes they have so much talent but they seems to take games off. They played a tight one with Detroit recently and they are prolly the worst team. Away from home stay away from the heat

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

PR9 has been trying to figure that one out for a while

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

People havent lost money fading them, people have lost shit loads of money tailing them. Mainly because yes they're one of the most inconsistent teams in the league, and Vegas over values them nearly every game - and I bet they have made the most money from this team since the Big 3.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

they are 9-12 ATS

Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    I can understand betting against them or laying off the game, but how do you bet against them? They have the ability to beat great teams by 10+ and bad teams by 25+. Sure, they slip up against a trash team here and there, but who doesn't? I'm shocked people fade these guys. They're too good. I'm sure a lot of SBR has lost alot of $ fading them, thinking 'Well they played the Bobcats close' and they crush their next opponent by 25. Or typical NO game, down at half and win by 14. You can't predict when they will slip up, so lay off the game. Or back them

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    they are 9-12 ATS
    And there are teams much worse than that ATS- which is only -110. What is your point?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
    And there are teams much worse than that ATS- which is only -110. What is your point?
    The books have good numbers on the Heat games, in other words no value.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

This thread is garbage

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Quote Originally Posted by H1Cypher View Post
    if you faded them every night then you would be up
    duh

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead

Make that 9-13

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

they are 9-13 ATS
    if you faded them every night then you would be up duh

these are my thoughts as well

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

This thread is backwards. It should be "why would you tail the Heat".......before the ball is even tossed in the air you're already getting an inflated 1.5 points & the public will generally drive it UP another 1 or 1.5 the real question should be why would anybody ever tail them knowing your facing an inflated line to begin w/ and also an opposing team that will almost certainly be bringing everything they have to beat the Heat. NBA tams like to beat the Heat just as bad as the haters like to see them lose so you're almost always going to get a true effort out of their opponent. Sure the Heat are talented enough to basically blow anybody out on any given night but I almost always lean fading them rather than tailing them.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Tail the Heat in the first half then fade them in the 2nd. Works for me...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    If that was the case they wouldnt be 9-13 ATS. One would be up 4 units if they faded them every time for a unit.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 02-02-12 at 01:41 AM.