frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Kenyon Martin and JR Smith will make the Clippers a Title contender

Looks like Kenyon and JR will more likely follow each other once they get back from China in February. There's been alot of talk about the Knicks seriously trying to get both players. JR Smith has express interest in LA, while Kenyon wouldn't mine playing with Chauncey again. If they Clippers get these two guy for their bench, no way they don't win the West. Kenyon will play for less any title contending team, so the Lakers, Mav's and Heats are all possibilities.

The Clippers has the best position get both players out of the rest though.

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

do they have enough room under their salary cap? who would they release?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

What a bench they would have

Dutchie
    Dutchie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

I just can't see how a team could have space to get both

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Didnt JR blow out his knee?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Didnt JR blow out his knee?
    urban legend

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Clips are only at 65.5 million or so. Not sure what the cap is this year as most stuff has been pro rated, but they are paying most of their guys peanuts. Jordan is actually second highest player at around 10 mil.

But this just show how the Clippers have surpassed the Lakers as the new team in town. Guys almost fighting over being able to come play with a young unselfish TEAM, and not sell out to chase a ring with a ball hogging douche. But now that Lakers are a million miles from their next ring it makes the Clippers even that much more attractive.

I dont think Clippers have their exception so they'll have to either entice these guys for less money and hope they both come or let them go to the Knicks for more money and a shittier team. Depends on what the guys want I guess. Both are unrestricted so they can do anything they want pretty much, and take whatever amount they feel like above the minimum anyway.

Not sure what Brain Cooks contract length is but he isnt making much anyway. He is basically the only really expendable guy they have. Basically Clippers are already stacked with depth and talent. Hell they have two guys right now coming off the bench that would start for more than half the teams in the league.

I have never been a Martin fan but he would fit. Only thing is he wold take my mans Reggie Evans spot. So that would make evans expendable too I guess.

As for J.R. Smith, Clippers are already guard heavy but you can never have too many guards so if they can get him for a song he would be a nice guy to have around. I am not a big Foye guy. But foye is always good for a three or two a game and some quality minutes, but smith would be an upgrade as long as he is healthy.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

neither are good anymore and would be chemistry killers

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Two bad seeds.......total dickbags. Clips don't need trash on their team.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post

LMAO, Clips have guys with a little bit left in the tank, Lkaers have to stoop to taking up scrap heap guys like Rashweed Wallace and Gilbert Arenas.

Shouldnt you be basking in the Lakers game tonight beating one of the worst teams in the league by 20 should make the faker fans feel pretty good.

frostno98

Say what you want, but every contending team would gladly put either dickbags in their teams if they had the salary cap space. Clips got only Mo Williams coming of the bench, they will not get past the 1st round in a 7 game series with an aging Billup who contributes to alot of the scoring with Paul.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Signing JR smith would be pointless, there already stacked at guard.

Kenyon will be a great addition though, him and Evans off the bench will be tough.

This fukin "want it all4moi" guy again with his 5 paragraph posts guy thinks he's smarter then general managers. What a joke. The funniest part is he actually doesn't realize how much of a moron he is and thinks everyone else is an idiot. Unreal.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-01-12 at 01:02 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I love Reggie Evans style of play. Plays hard every possession, and embraces his role on the team. He is a poormans Rodman.

thezbar
    .lent
    thezbar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1580

Just remember its still the Clippers. Just saying!

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jr would be a nice pick up but they can do without ” Tick”

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Signing JR smith would be pointless, there already stacked at guard.

Kenyon will be a great addition though, him and Evans off the bench will be tough.

This fukin "want it all4moi" guy again with his 5 paragraph posts guy thinks he's smarter then general managers. What a joke. The funniest part is he actually doesn't realize how much of a moron he is and thinks everyone else is an idiot. Unreal.
    Every time someone says anything anti laker you get your panties in a twist. So pretty much anything you say is irrelevant. Not that you have ever added anything of any real importance anyway.

Why dont you keep begging for more points so you can get your ipad you lame ass loser.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Every time someone says anything anti laker you get your panties in a twist. So pretty much anything you say is irrelevant. Not that you have ever added anything of any real importance anyway.

Why dont you keep begging for more points so you can get your ipad you lame ass loser.
    Nice call on the Clips over the Lakers.

Nice call on saying the Clips would throw in the towel playing at Denver (Clips won outright..were getting 6)

Maybe...just maybe....the most uniformed poster at SBR.

William Walters

LMAO, Clips have guys with a little bit left in the tank, Lkaers have to stoop to taking up scrap heap guys like Rashweed Wallace and Gilbert Arenas.

Shouldnt you be basking in the Lakers game tonight beating one of the worst teams in the league by 20 should make the faker fans feel pretty good.
    Uh......did I miss the Lakers signing of Sheed and Arenas?

What a douche.

zsr

I'm not even a lakers fan

Keep on with your 5 paragraph posts about how your smarter then general managers, coaches, etc. you continue to not realize how big of an idiot you are, instead thinking everyone else is an idiot.

wantitall4moi

Nice call on the Clips over the Lakers.

Nice call on saying the Clips would throw in the towel playing at Denver (Clips won outright..were getting 6)

Maybe...just maybe....the most uniformed poster at SBR.
    Ahh another Laker homer who doesnt have a clue. I said IF the Clips got down early, they didnt so they played the whole way through. It also didnt hurt them too badly as they took an over rated OKC team out pretty easilly as well.

As for the Lakers Clips game that game was in the bag for the Lakers before tip off. A lot of phantom calls and no calls in that game late showed that. League cant have the Clippers winning the LA series after just two games this way they get to promote the shit out of the rubber game in a couple months.

Theyll sign one of those clowns you can bet on it. Team is in desperate need of something, they wont be able to play New orleans, Charlotte, and the Suns every night. The fct that LA is basically the only team even interested in Arenas should tell you something. But really Lakers are probably interested in ANYONE now that they see what I saw 2 months ago, their teams sucks and they have two guys starting that wouldnt make the benches for an actual contending team. Fisher shouldnt even be in the league right now, if you cant see that then you really are a deluded Laker fan. Barnes is a bench player for most teams, but Lakers so thin he has to start. Then their bench is full of rejects and cast offs. I doubt any team would be interested in any of those guys, but theyre playing for the Lakers.

Clippers have legit guys interested in them. They got a few of them already. I wouldnt be surprised if they get Howard next year too. Looks like Orlando has mailed it in and his team is tired of his act. So they will more than likely punish him by tanking the rest of the season look for a lottery pick and just let him walk away. Not too smart but that looks like the only real option. I suppose if Lakers were dumb enough to offer both bynum and gasol and maybe something else for Howard and a scrub or two to make salaries work they might get him, but that makes Lakers worse, not better. At least this year, and the salaries for Kobe and Howard would strap them for quite awhile going forward. But I dont think Howard has any real interest in Lakers.

As it stands Clippers are far superior to the Lakers already and theyre getting better. So you guys can live in your fantasy world for a little while longer eventually t will all come crashing down as lakers are a perennial .500 team and a one and done in the play offs for the next few years, which is worse than being a lottery team in the long run. Basically look to the 1990s and you'll see what the Lakers of the next decade are going to be. Except this time around there wont be any back room deals by West and his cronies to get Shaquille o niel here.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave wantitall4moi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

William Walters

[QUOTE=wantitall4moi;13544175]Ahh another Laker homer who doesnt have a clue. I said IF the Clips got down early, they didnt so they played the whole way through. It also didnt hurt them too badly as they took an over rated OKC team out pretty easilly as well.

As for the Lakers Clips game that game was in the bag for the Lakers before tip off. A lot of phantom calls and no calls in that game late showed that. League cant have the Clippers winning the LA series after just two games this way they get to promote the shit out of the rubber game in a couple months.

Theyll sign one of those clowns you can bet on it. Team is in desperate need of something, they wont be able to play New orleans, Charlotte, and the Suns every night. The fct that LA is basically the only team even interested in Arenas should tell you something. But really Lakers are probably interested in ANYONE now that they see what I saw 2 months ago, their teams sucks and they have two guys starting that wouldnt make the benches for an actual contending team. Fisher shouldnt even be in the league right now, if you cant see that then you really are a deluded Laker fan. Barnes is a bench player for most teams, but Lakers so thin he has to start. Then their bench is full of rejects and cast offs. I doubt any team would be interested in any of those guys, but theyre playing for the Lakers.

Clippers have legit guys interested in them. They got a few of them already. I wouldnt be surprised if they get Howard next year too. Looks like Orlando has mailed it in and his team is tired of his act. So they will more than likely punish him by tanking the rest of the season look for a lottery pick and just let him walk away. Not too smart but that looks like the only real option. I suppose if Lakers were dumb enough to offer both bynum and gasol and maybe something else for Howard and a scrub or two to make salaries work they might get him, but that makes Lakers worse, not better. At least this year, and the salaries for Kobe and Howard would strap them for quite awhile going forward. But I dont think Howard has any real interest in Lakers.

As it stands Clippers are far superior to the Lakers already and theyre getting better. So you guys can live in your fantasy world for a little while longer eventually t will all come crashing down
    as lakers are a perennial .500 team and a one and done in the play offs for the next few years, which is worse than being a lottery team in the long run. Basically look to the 1990s and you'll see what the Lakers of the next decade are going to be. Except this time around there wont be any back room deals by West and his cronies to get Shaquille o niel here.[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot. Sorry, but it's true. Complete idiot.

You pick Clippers in an easy win.........they lose.........so you say the game was pretty much fixed.

Now...it gets even better......"as the Lakers are a perennial .500 team"........Uh.......do you have any idea what the word "perennial" even means? The Lakers are as far from being a "perennial .500 team as a team can possibly be.

wantitall4moi

Youre right they might be sub 500. Perennial is subjective. But I would say 5 years would start to be considered perennial. When people describe positive perennial it is generally less time. like 3 years and then theyre perennially good, all star, championship caliber etc.

I was wrong about one game, I will take that average any time. As it was Lakers had to play a nearly perfect game, get some help, have a few whistles swallowed, and the Clippers had to go ice cold for them to even eek out the game. But it really shouldnt have been thatclose, but Like I said Clippers didnt play too well and Lakers played almost perfectly and it was still life and death for Lakers. Lakers have maybe 5 of those types of efforts in them I would say. They have already used up 2 of them.

We will see what happens to them this next little stretch just like we will the CLippers. I figure Clippers co 8-6 this month. They have a tough month. I fugure Lakers to go 5-8, MAYBE 6-7. Their month is almost as tough as the Clippers but they arent nearly the team the Clippers are.

Clippers really dont need either of those two guys. Martin is almost 35 so his long term effect is questionable at best. Everyone loves Reggie Evns so it might be bad for chemistry anyway. LIke I said they dont need Smith either. He is maybe better than Foye but Foye is here he steps up when needed and that is usually better. You know bird in the hand and all that.

Theyll probably end up with the Knicks anyway as I expect Dantoni to be fired and they start getting desperate like they always do. While 8-13 still has them 3rd in the div and only 2 games out of the 7 seed in the play offs that sort of stuffisnt going to fly. Now the report that their ticket prices are higher will have fans clamoring.

Clippers really dont need them, theyre good enough to win the west right now. If they can toughen up and start winning some road games it will be really apparent. They have shown they can play and beat anyone on their own court. Which is basically what all the 'contending' teams are doing. There are only 2 teams in the west with winning road record, Clippers have beat them both. Denver they beat on the road. If the Clippers had more games they might actually be the top seed in the west right now, as it is theyre number 2 and only a couple games back mostly because they only have 18 games played and most everyone else has more than 20.

This next 2 weeks will really give a benchmark of where Clippers stand. If they can go 7-0 or 6-1 I would say theyre right where they want to be. As long as they stay tight and beat the teams theyre supposed to beat when they start the easier portion. Which would basically mean they could go 11-3 for Feb. Like I said I figure them to be 8-6, maybe 9-5. Anything outside that range is good or bad. But if they go 11-3 and beat some of the teams they have this month on the raod and dont have any injuries I would say they dont need anyone else, obviously.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Both will work well with a real point guard.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Didn't JR score 60 points in China last night? Sure it's the Chinese league but we all know the kid can ball.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Clippers would beat most teams in the NBA already in a 7 game series. it's not about 1 game. its about 7 game series

frostno98

Looks like K-mart heading that way, all they need now is JR smith. Watchout Laker fans

wantitall4moi

yup one year deal. I just hope they dont let evans go. Pretty sure they can carry 15 guys still. So Martin makes 15. They might inactivate Soloman jones or Brian cook. They just let Lil Wayne go a week or so ago so it looked like they were making some room. BUt if they get Smith they will definitely have to let someone else go.

Edit: I would think Cook would be first to go, they are sitting on 5 power forwards right now.

But now coming off the bench will be Mo Williams (starer for 90% of the teams, and playing all star level basketball right now), Gomes, (started for Clips last year and would start for half the teams in the league), Foye, able to start for almost half the teams probably. Martin, wild card obviously but if he is healthy he is a solid benchguy, I love evans but I think Marin is still a little more well rounded, Solomon Jones big drop off but most teams dont have a legit 5 anyway. They cn also still go small and maybe even rotate Evans in instead of Jones in that smaller line up like they have when he and blake are on the floor together with Butler.

Just another nail in the coffin of reality ro laker fans who used to have these guys coming to the Lakers. Obviously will be laker hate and name calling but if Lakers had signed him they would be predicting a parade next June.

I have never been a martin guy but he adds an edge, if he isnt healthy he is easy to eject.
    Last edited by wantitall4moi; 02-03-12 at 06:08 PM.

zsr

Why would they let Evans go? Obviously there going to play Kenyon and Evans as the backup 4 and 5. Good defensive combo but there issue is still there half court game. Maybe Paul can continue to carry them, but they need practice time and they don't have it. Will be interesting to see if he's in shape, motivated, etc. Good piece but not as good as everyone is seemingly thinking, he's not going to make a huge impact

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2287

No One in there right mind would want to be a Stinkenbocker right now I think carsmello will leave soon

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Nice. The Clippers add some more great free throw shooting.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Why would they let Evans go? Obviously there going to play Kenyon and Evans as the backup 4 and 5. Good defensive combo but there issue is still there half court game. Maybe Paul can continue to carry them, but they need practice time and they don't have it. Will be interesting to see if he's in shape, motivated, etc. Good piece but not as good as everyone is seemingly thinking, he's not going to make a huge impact
    evans s too small to play the 5 against legit guys, Jones is longer and quicker so obviously the more natural. I am not sure they could really have Martin and Evans out there together without Paul. Which I suppose could work. Vinnie loves screwy line ups he has used about a dozen already this year. This just gives him another few combinations. But Vinnie cant have Gomes, Martin and Evans on the floor at the same time, at least not if he wants to have any sort of success against decent teams.

I thikn Martin might be the third choice for awhile and if he shows something he will be a situational player and maybe take evans or gomes place off the bench. But he and evans are the tough guy enforcers so really no need to have both of them on the floor together too much.

I am sure there are plenty of combinations but since Jordan gets in so much foul trouble I am sure we will see what the mad genius does in those games.

zsr

You never know with him..will be interesting to see how he uses them. You have to keep evans in the rotation though, guy is a monster on the glass. There really is no legit centers they'll have to get through. Just the Pau/Bynum combo.

Hell he's played his 3 point guards together for stretches too, which actually hasn't done too bad I guess.
    Last edited by zsr; 02-03-12 at 06:40 PM.

wantitall4moi

More than likely Marin replaces Gomes his number have been bad. I attributed that mostly to lack of timing and play time. But he has been getting about 17 minutes a game and more than that lately and hasnt been improving all that much. So theyll probably go Martin for Blake, Evans for Jordan, Mo for Paul, leave Chauncy out there and bring in foye for butler. Then fool around from there. IMO Bledsoe is a star in the wings and now that he is off the IL he will start seeing some PT and he might make his way into the mix somewhere as well.

I sort of hope Clippers leave Smith out in the cold, but they might be scared Lakers get hi and just take him out of spite.That would be the only reason for them to pick up another guard because they are frigging loaded there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He would fit in well with with Heat

zsr

I like Bledsoe too, I always figured they would deal mo for another big but obviously no reason to do that now. And for once we agree, signing smith would be a terrible decision and would make zero sense at this point.

There out of money anyway, they gave martin the full 2.5 mill exception.

I think this team could be dangerous, would love to see an all LA battle in the playoffs, the intensity has been off the charts in there 2 regular season meetings.

12 Last