jalen__rose
    jalen__rose's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

Quote Originally Posted by illAdelph View Post
    Ah i see, I apologize. I guess I was agreeing with you then
    No worries! Just choked by the way people act on here. Are we all not in it for the same reason get money, get paid!?

illAdelph
    illAdelph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by jalen__rose View Post
    No worries! Just choked by the way people act on here. Are we all not in it for the same reason get money, get paid!?
    Ask myself that question every day.

Posters think there is a competition between us all. Shit if I had 3 100% winners every night, the whole forum would have 3 winners every night.

Last time I checked...

Bettors vs. Books

Ya feel me.. have a good night brotha
    Points Awarded:

jalen__rose gave illAdelph 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Elad gave illAdelph 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Simple definition: the sharp play is the one that WINS.

There's no way to prove whether a losing play was the sharp play or the square play since clearly we are not the ones in Vegas making the lines.

But most people on here love to call the underdog the square play just cuz they like to think they're smart. Even when a favorite wins/covers everyone on this board says "squares won again".

illAdelph
    illAdelph's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by dwluv3333 View Post
    Simple definition: the sharp play is the one that WINS.

There's no way to prove whether a losing play was the sharp play or the square play since clearly we are not the ones in Vegas making the lines.

But most people on here love to call the underdog the square play just cuz they like to think they're smart. Even when a favorite wins/covers everyone on this board says "squares won again".
    Assuming you meant underdog as a sharp play..

I guess opinion varies. Trap lines do exist. Falling for it, imo is a square play. Not to say that pick won't win.. or that every line is even set that way.

That's just my definition.

dwluv3333
    dwluv3333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Whoops sorry I meant to say underdog sharp play.

I think everyone here makes a "sharp" play as long as they research and be realistic about the situations. After all, it's up to the players to perform in the end, no matter how much we think we know.

jabro21
    jabro21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

i have to say, ppl jumped on nels or hels (?) too early, this is a discussion forum, DISCUSSION. opposing opinion can do nothing but contribute if it comes from a thoughtful and intelligent place. his absolutely did, and it kept me from pulling the trigger. sure i felt very doubtful about not taking bw's pick, but i had ZERO confidence in this raptors team without barg. he's been their only real pulse this season, which was something i didnt think enough about. And yes, I know about all the other fearless plays bw has made in the face of missing players, but there was something i didnt like about tor without barg. had no trouble pulling the trigger on bos getting 6.5 against orl the other day minus rondo allen etc, and that was all thanks to bw. i mean, this tor pick was still incredible, they had a great chance to cover, and his one losing nba play in who knows how long came within a basket or so of covering. its like pr9 said, over the long haul you absolutely cannot argue with the results.

I hope no one is hating on bw, we are lucky, possibly even spoiled to have him, but this is still a discussion forum and if you have something intelligent to say about one of his picks, so be it, its a free country, and i HIGHLY doubt bw would take offense to it, or be effected in any way. We may never be as good as he is, but i know for sure that folks coming in trying to shush handicapping discussion certainly never will be.

sstrunks52005
    sstrunks52005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

glad I skipped this one. Even though that huge spread was very tempting. But no barganani no raptors

Elad
    Dimes
    Elad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Quote Originally Posted by illAdelph View Post

Ask myself that question every day.

Posters think there is a competition between us all. Shit if I had 3 100% winners every night, the whole forum would have 3 winners every night.

Last time I checked...

Bettors vs. Books

Ya feel me.. have a good night brotha
    That's how it should be..

But right now it's more like this..

Home:Bettors vs. Away:Bettors \ Crowd that laughs and enjoys: Books

That's why I always say: 'In Bookies We Trust'

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

If you bet Denver in this game, you were blessed with a lot of luck and were fortunate to get the W......Look in the box score and you will see that Toronto was the right play.........Toronto outscored the Nuggets the last three quarters of the game........Denver shot 45% from the field versus Toronto's 39%.........BUT the only reason the Nuggets covered was the disparity in the number of fouls called against Toronto. Denver was 24-32 at the line and the Raptors were 10-14. BW had the right side......the line was 13 and the game ended on 15. Toronto was down 8 with just under 3 minutes to go. I'm sticking with the Betting Wizard........in the very few losers he has given us, they all had a chance to cover.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    No one covered if they were on Toronto, LB. Closed at 13. Nuggets won by 15.
    Line moved to -13 from -12.5 at pinny late. Late money on denver.

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Line moved to -13 from -12.5 at pinny late. Late money on denver.
    That movement indicates there was late money on Toronto.

First ... 2345