Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

There was a guy in this forum last year that said he had a friend in the Lakers organization and he accurately predicted the Lakers losing straight up 4 straight games when they were double digit faves in 3 of the 4 games. He doubled up every game and supposedly bought a truck with his winnings. Haven't seen him since but what are the odds of predicting that shit?

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

Purely coincidental if you ask the few guys who say NBA is not fixed. The drama is going on tonight with Boston vs Orlando. Few minutes ago, Orlando seemed to be running away.

Oh not so fast. Start of 4th quarter, Boston scores 15 vs Magic 1 point in about 6 minutes. No supercomputer could figure this stuff. Right now Boston is up 3 points after leading by 21 points at the break.

The person who can consistently figure hopeople will react to any given spread or total and go against it is the one that can profit from this bulls&&t because there is no rhyme or reason

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

This type of thing happens almost daily in the NBA. It's amazing that no matter what happens through three quarters, the totals and scores always start going toward the line at the end.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I really feel bad for Orlando backers tonight. I had C's +10 and fell asleep at halftime. I wake up and the game was tied. I thought something was wrong with my TV. WTF? How in the hell did they come back from like 25? Then I realize it's the NBA where bullshit happens. I can only imagine how many people hammered Orlando live and at the half because the Celtics looked like dog shit for 30 minutes. I was going to take Orlando 2nd half if I didn't doze off. Every night the NBA sets you up for epic failures. Good thing I was sleep

Longshotz
    Longshotz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 344

If you had simply tailed line movement yesterday in the NBA for the side you would have gone 9-4.

(partially jesting)

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Longshotz View Post
    If you had simply tailed line movement yesterday in the NBA for the side you would have gone 9-4. (partially jesting)
    I went 4-0 in NBA but I sucked ass in NCAA Hoops so I only had a small profit.

I have a feeling the Clippers might pull the same shit the Lakers did last night.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poster "gasto"

it wasn't a coincidence, it's a trend that continued from there first meeting. Maybe you missed it.

it just takes 5 minutes of watching orlando to figure out that when the 3's arent falling they dont score..Again, I'm sure you missed the first game when Orlando scored all of 56 points..
    Last edited by zsr; 01-27-12 at 12:17 AM.

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

ZSR, you are just mentioning a Trend. What is the reason for this trend other than pure fixing.

The ball players know what they are doing. They are playing to the script. These are preofessional players, with multimillion dollar contract and you tell me they can only score 8 points or so in 12 minutes of basketball.

You dont need rocket science to figure that this stuff is made up. The funny thing is for the average fan with no clue about the betting world they may actually attribute that to defense of some thing silly like that.

First 1234