Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just watched the last 5 minutes of the game on my DVR. NBA has become a bad joke. The NBA is the only league you can tell they are setting the score. Especially before halftime and at the end. Usually the last minute. Sometimes last 2 minutes.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I just watched the last 5 minutes of the game on my DVR. NBA has become a bad joke. The NBA is the only league you can tell they are setting the score. Especially before halftime and at the end. Usually the last minute. Sometimes last 2 minutes.
    CMon guy, get real. How do you "set the score".

What if guys aren't hitting their shots? How do you compensate for that? Call a technical foul every 30 seconds?

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan707 View Post

What if guys aren't hitting their shots? How do you compensate for that? Call a technical foul every 30 seconds?

If you pay attention in the last few minutes you'd see it. If you can't see it then it won't do any good for me to explain it to you. You'll just chalk me up as a tin foil hat guy or whatever the fukk the term is.

Automoto
    Automoto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

*Cough* GSW two nights ago... A lot of late money on the Warriors... takes them time to figure out what is best for them... that's why you get those ridiculous second halves!

warriorfan707

You people are talking crazy. The conspiracies you are suggesting would have to include, players, refs, coaches, etc. No way this could stay silent.

Honestly I am not trying to be a dick to anyone but please tell me you are not this dumb.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

the only dummies are those who after it has been proved the NBA games are fixed still think their not.

warriorfan707

the only dummies are those who after it has been proved the NBA games are fixed still think their not.
    Please show me the proof that "NBA Games are fixed".

Donaghy was fixing games, yes. Donaghy is no longer an official in the NBA.

So I await this proof that NBA Games are rigged. Whats that? You don't have any? Oh ok...

So why were you saying it has been proved that NBA games are fixed??? Oh you said that because Donaghy used to be an NBA ref?

Ok but didn't you know hes no longer a ref? Oh, you did? Ok so why are you spewing nonsense? You don't know?

To try to back up your argument you asserted something blatantly false?

Well at least you have to courage to admit it.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

warriorguy. I told myself I wouldn't get involved in these discussions here anymore. It is not up to me to prove it to you. If you choose not to think that games are rigged than that is your prerogative. I however know better.

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

You people are talking crazy. The conspiracies you are suggesting would have to include, players, refs, coaches, etc. No way this could stay silent. Honestly I am not trying to be a dick to anyone but please tell me you are not this dumb.
    Fixed man Similar to what happen to GSW. Not many backed LAL and GSW today. No proof will surface ever because NBA is the authority and they do the fix. Everyday such a game happens if u notice. They set the rules that govt cannot intervene with what happened within NBA. Intentional missing of shots, referee favortism.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Blake Griffin fukked us tonight fellas. Plain and simple.

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by YOUSENKO View Post
    Fixed man Similar to what happen to GSW. Not many backed LAL and GSW today. No proof will surface ever because NBA is the authority and they do the fix. Everyday such a game happens if u notice. They set the rules that govt cannot intervene with what happened within NBA. Intentional missing of shots, referee favortism.
    Once again you are suggesting massive conspiracies which includes players. No way all of them could stay silent about this. The info would leak to someone.

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by AL1322 View Post
    amazing how these guys get into college.,blake probably couldnt spell cover...but yet hes a dumb enough tard to not understand u r down 4 with 1 second left...what possible play could u come up with to win the game?....fing blow hard
    sorry you did not win your wager. it is gambling. this is the nba. i could name so many of these that have already happened this season. it has nothing to do with anything being rigged or against you in any way. you'd be chuckling right now if you had the other side. i had no bets on this game.

YouHave2outs

Quote Originally Posted by AL1322 View Post
    ya clips covered the whole game..must be nice to get lucky
    laughed again, and i doubt you lost more than 50 bucks

YouHave2outs

If you pay attention in the last few minutes you'd see it. If you can't see it then it won't do any good for me to explain it to you. You'll just chalk me up as a tin foil hat guy or whatever the fukk the term is.

hahahaha theyre all fixed when you lose. jeez

YOUSENKO

Once again you are suggesting massive conspiracies which includes players. No way all of them could stay silent about this. The info would leak to someone.

Yeah the info went to vegas who set the line but not the average joe. NBA and books form alliance to milk money from fans and gamblers. Probably some average joe had depended on connections to get insiders thus upgrading himself to elite. They are called 'sharps' who always put their money in the lighter team.

warriorfan707

Intentional missing of shots, referee favortism.

Yeah the info went to vegas who set the line but not the average joe. NBA and books form alliance to milk money from fans and gamblers. Probably some average joe had depended on connections to get insiders thus upgrading himself to elite. They are called 'sharps' who always put their money in the lighter team.

YouHave2outs

last solid laughter before bed.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post

hahahaha theyre all fixed when you lose. jeez
    hahahaha I didn't wager anything on this game at all and for that matter I've called fixes on games i've won.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

For the people saying that the players and coaches would need to be involved, that is not true. Refs can't control a blowout, but they can control a close game. Spread and totals. Need a game to go over? Start calling fouls. Puts points on the board and allows time for more points to be scored. Need a team to cover, call some fouls on the other team's star player so that he has to spend alot of time on the bench. Creates points for one team while making it harder for the other to. Vegas doesn't have to win them all, but just to have the advantage of refs on their side would bring them in a killing over the long run.

I don't know if it's true but their are definitely plenty of ways for officials to control a games outcome if they want to. Same goes for football. Maybe even more so. A simple phantom holding call will bring most drives to a screeching halt and they know this. How many times have you seen a flag at the beginning of a 3rd and 4 play that seems like it's just there to bail the team out in case they don't get the 1st? Need a team to get some points? Call a ticky tack PI.

YOUSENKO

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    For the people saying that the players and coaches would need to be involved, that is not true. Refs can't control a blowout, but they can control a close game. Spread and totals. Need a game to go over? Start calling fouls. Puts points on the board and allows time for more points to be scored. Need a team to cover, call some fouls on the other team's star player so that he has to spend alot of time on the bench. Creates points for one team while making it harder for the other to. Vegas doesn't have to win them all, but just to have the advantage of refs on their side would bring them in a killing over the long run.

I don't know if it's true but their are definitely plenty of ways for officials to control a games outcome if they want to. Same goes for football. Maybe even more so. A simple phantom holding call will bring most drives to a screeching halt and they know this. How many times have you seen a flag at the beginning of a 3rd and 4 play that seems like it's just there to bail the team out in case they don't get the 1st? Need a team to get some points? Call a ticky tack PI.

Both officials and players are in it. No margin of error for a fix. Books are in a cartel of many companies and know total bet volume in a region. However over the season each team is involved in a fair share of fix, so the better team usually finish higher. Some games with 90% and millions on one team simply can't err in fixing. These potentially put permanent damage on the book industry.

whoatommy
    whoatommy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Exactly...

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Maybe some players & refs have huge gambling problems and that could be responsible for bizarre last minute plays, but İ don't buy any conspiracy talk. İt's entertainment & the NBA takes in money from TV, merchandising, etc. Why would they bother fixing games to profit a few Vegas books?

H1Cypher
    H1Cypher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

I don't know how this shit works now. But I'm a personal friend of Henry Hill. The guy Ray Liotta played in the Goodfellas... he's been involved in game fixing(most of it was just point shaving)- back in his day it was alot more common. According to him they never fixed one pro game- it was too hard and a waste.

Much easier to fix college games and more profitable. Of course he comes from a different time. Anyone else know people who have fixed games? I didn't think so.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

ya two..only 50 bucks hey......nternet / -1 Ticket #: 336446
    Jan 25 10:42 PM

NBA
    STRAIGHT BET
    [725] LA CLIPPERS +4-110

300 / 273

LOSE
    LOSE
    01/25/2012 10:17 PM

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

I had lakers -3.5. Did this effect me? I went to bed early. Just curious.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

No. They would have won by 4.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Blake didn't do anything wong.

He actually scored with 2 seconds left to cut it to 4. I he had pulled up an jacked a three people would have bitched about that.

I don't think he was really trying to foul at the end. It was just an extremely quick whistle by the ref.

Most refs would hae just let the game end.

Either way -3.5 would hae cashed regardless.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was an entertaining game. World
    Meta peace had his best game of the year.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7683

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Blake didn't do anything wong.

He actually scored with 2 seconds left to cut it to 4. I he had pulled up an jacked a three people would have bitched about that.

I don't think he was really trying to foul at the end. It was just an extremely quick whistle by the ref.

Most refs would hae just let the game end.

Either way -3.5 would hae cashed regardless.

So the greek was right in staying at -3.5

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

yep had lakeshow -3.5 too. irrelevant.

4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I've seen a lot of people saying the NBA end of games are like WWE, etc, etc. You guys don't seriously believe the clippers players or whoever has a bet on the lakers and is fouling so they cover, do you? The NBA scandal years ago was to get the best teams in the finals, extend playoff series, etc. Nobody cares about the over/under or the spread.
    Did you watch the end of this game? Clipps down 6 with 10 seconds left, with the only hope of winning being a hit of back-to-back 3's. The only chance of winning the game, is to take a 3 point shot, right? So why even attempt a meaningless layup, and then foul with a second left? Not going for the 3 there = playing to win the spread not the game. Committing the foul with a second left down by 2 scores = playing to win the spread. Then, to boot, the ref calls the foul which wasn't blatant, and could've easily just let the game end there. Nobody cares about the spread you say ... it's all they care about!!!

If you seriousy don't think so, then you're standing in the forrest and can't see the trees.

4seasons

These guys could hit the shots in their sleep. It's as easy for them to do, as it is for a bookie to slaughter squares.

4seasons

You people are talking crazy. The conspiracies you are suggesting would have to include, players, refs, coaches, etc. No way this could stay silent.

Honestly I am not trying to be a dick to anyone but please tell me you are not this dumb.
    They all agree to the script, just like in the WWF. It stays silent because you are getting paid millions on a silver platter, and it's just a meaningless basketball game. The game means absolutely NOTHING!!! To speak out not only do you humilate yourself, your family, your team, your city, etc., and forfeit your millions, you may go to jail. Lastly, those who think about not staying silent, always do so in fear they or their children, etc. would have an accident. So, play the game, make millions, enjoy life as a celebrity, and not care because it's just a game. That's all it is, and that's all it will ever be for as long as the Earth spins.
    Last edited by 4seasons; 01-26-12 at 01:23 PM.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

What's funny is the number of people who keep defending NBA results for being pure and taken at face value. They keep saying the lines are "sharp" and that this kind of stuff is "bound to happen when there are so many games."

First 1234 Last