kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

Kroy's Picks

Sorry to keep starting over guys... its been no secret I've been struggling with capping NBA compared to NFL, but this is the last thread I make I swear. After 2 and a half more hours of combing my system looking for some kind of edge, I think I finally have it. I have a method I like that doesn't require me to buy points (something that pains me to be honest), so I'm going to roll with it and I expect great things. So here it is, my last NBA thread... if this doesn't do it I'm done trying new systems. I'm sticking with this method. I'll be riding mostly favorites, but I think I've finally found the edge I've been looking for.

Friday March 6:

Play of the Day:
    Houston -5.5

Great Plays:
    Boston -1.5
    Toronto PK

Good Plays:
    Charlotte -2.5
    Chicago -6.5
    Last edited by kroyrunner89; 03-06-09 at 04:08 PM.

csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

looking to fade your great plays, sorry lol

kroyrunner89

lol no worries, any day could be a losing one, but i think long run these records will be well above .500

kroyrunner89

Quote Originally Posted by kroyrunner89 View Post

Friday March 6:

Play of the Day:
    Houston -5.5 Loss

Great Plays:
    Boston -1.5 Win
    Toronto PK Loss

Good Plays:
    Charlotte -2.5 Win
    Chicago -6.5 Win
    i'm a bit pissed about the houston loss since buying the points woulda swung the result, but whatcha gunna do. i'll take a 3-2 start, this only has room to improve in my mind. tomorrow's a new day, lets get two winning days in a row!

Overall: 3-2
    Play of Day: 0-1
    Great Plays: 1-1
    Good Plays: 2-0

kroyrunner89

Saturday March 7

Play of the Day:
    Milwaukee -8

Great Plays:
    Atlanta -2

Good Plays:
    New York -3.5

csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

like your play of the day, depending on whos in whos out...
    s jacskon ? magette ?

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

I like the picks...leaning ATL ML myself.

I was lucky to get MIL @ 5.5. when it opened up.

kroyrunner89

Saturday March 7

Play of the Day:
    Milwaukee -8 Loss

Great Plays:
    Atlanta -2 Win

Good Plays:
    New York -3.5 Loss
    Overall: 4-4
    Play of Day: 0-2
    Great Plays: 2-1
    Good Plays: 2-1
    Last edited by kroyrunner89; 03-07-09 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Records

G's pks
    Update your status
    G's pks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Glad to see you hit on Atlanta.... I loved them tonight and posted it as my one pk... Nice easy winner.... They controlled the pistons... Hope you hit your other games...

kroyrunner89

I can't believe I lost another play of the day because I didn't buy the points... **** my stingy ass. i'm a couple bad breaks from a 6-2 record... i'm on the right track i'll make a couple adjustments here and the record will be where i want it soon hopefully

kroyrunner89

Saturday March 8

Great Plays:
    Boston -1.5 (B2)
    Toronto +7.5 (B2)

Good Plays:
    San Antonio -4.5 (B2)

I think that's it for tomorrow, but I'll be back tomorrow to confirm. Good luck guys
    Last edited by kroyrunner89; 03-08-09 at 12:50 AM. Reason: adding plays

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just home from work Kroy, let's hope this one does it so you can help me win some money back from CBB. Spending alot of time with CBB but not doing it! First year with betting so not that disappointed.

Starting to feel though like I can't wait for football to start! No biggie but March 8 Sunday right for plays on your post? Good luck my friend!

MrMonkey

kroyrunner89

hah thanks for the date correction, woulda been a bad omen had i gone into the games without that even being right lol. i feel like this should work but its been a discouraging start so far. i finally put together a system i loved and tracked it the three weeks i've been attempting NBA. no points bought the record was 37-16, buying points it was 39-14. so, it appeared buying the points wasn't a big deal. of course, once i kick it off two of my top plays lose cuz i didn't buy the points lol. so i'll go back to that no need to get greedy i guess. just some explanation, all of my plays come from the same system, i just have different criteria for what makes a play fall in a certain category. give it time, i'm still confident this is a long term winner!

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know what the %s are with buying points as being a good or bad way to go? Guess you have to track that for awhile?

MrMonkey

kroyrunner89

oh yeah, i keep making the mistake of typing it out as wins and losses. yeah, i track it, basically if you buy the two points to get it to -150 you need to hit at 60% to break even. i throw this stuff into an excel really quick and check what profits would be had i bought the points vs. if i hadn't. the reason i wasn't buying points at first was because the excel showed that not buying the points was more profitable. however, after losing two of my high confidence plays which i put more units on, i've gotten frustrated and decided to buy the points. i may just buy points for higher lines like the bucks had tonight, but i don't think there's a more frustrating feeling in sports betting than losing by a point or two when you could have prevented it. its always more accurate in my opinion tracking things going forward than having the advantage of looking back at three weeks of data and finding ways to make it successful. i try not to fall into that trap and filter my plays with things that should actually be relevant, and continue to be relevant in the future.

kroyrunner89

Saturday March 8

Great Plays:
    Boston -1.5 (B2) Loss
    Toronto +7.5 (B2) Loss

Good Plays:
    San Antonio -4.5 (B2) Win
    Another subpar day, but I'm adding one new filter that should help things improve. I'll have a play or two for tomorrow, I'll put them up in a little bit. I'm also merging good plays and great plays because I'm eliminating the filter I had that separated them. It will now be "Play of Day", and "Solid Bets". We'll get this thing turned around... stay tuned.

NBA Overall: 5-6
    Plays of Day: 0-2
    Solid Bets: 5-4
    Last edited by kroyrunner89; 03-08-09 at 10:09 PM.

kroyrunner89

Monday March 9:

Play of Day:
    Miami -3 (B2)

Solid Bets:
    Minnesota -1 (B2)

Good luck... lets turn this thing around