Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Raptors....worst ever?

This team is pathetic, and I'm embarassed to even mention I'm a Raptors fan.

Toronto scored 104 in season opener, and have not been able to eclipse 100 points in their last 16 games??? Really, 16 games. I wonder what the record is for most consecutive games under 100 points in the last 30 years or so? My though would be the Raptors are approaching this.

Also, what's mindboggling is the fact that as of a few days ago they were 3rd in the league in scoring defense, but have a 4-13 record. How is this even possible?? haha

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

they cant score, bargnani is out so there is 30% of the offense
    play alright d but score 70 pts a game so they cant win
    useless team, only Toronto team I do not care about

Regul8er
    Wordd

They haven't scored 92 points in a game in their last 7!

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

I went to quite a few games in Vancouver when the Grizzlies racked up a grand total 101 wins....over 7 seasons.

Worst ever is up for debate.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

well raps won what 20 last year, will be lucky for 20 this year
    might not be hard to be around the grizzlies mark

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Fade them until the get Bargnani back.

icemaster47
    icemaster47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

I live in the GTA and am also a Raptors fan. The problem is personnel and I don't see how it gets better, no one wants to play here. In a star driven league the Raptors just don't have the stars or the draw. What max money guy wants to come up here? And building through the the draft takes time... not to mention the right guy. And Colangelo is not the right guy.

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1276

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    Fade them until the get Bargnani back.
    bargnani is a garbage man, put him on any other team and he is a nobody.

Betting the raptors on any given day is a huge risk

4TH AND STUPID
    best NFL capper at SBR
    4TH AND STUPID's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1990

the problem is that we suck and we keep drafting losers and we refuse to send calderon back to spain to work at taco bell where he belongs.

shouldve kept jarrett jack and sonny weems and traded calderon

our point guard sucks and we have no center. you cant win in the nba like that

we need to trade everyone on the roster other than bargnani, and grab a bunch of picks.

trade calderon and derozan to a contender for a first rounder and a shooting guard and use that to draft pick to draft a point guard

release jamal magloire, get rid of butler, and pick up a power forward or shooting guard in free agency.

add valanciunas to the lineup next year with these changes and you will have a decent team

THE FORMULA
    point guard from 1st round draft pick from trading calderon and derozan
    shooting guard from first round pick
    bargnani
    power forward from free agency
    valenciunas

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    bargnani is a garbage man, put him on any other team and he is a nobody.

Betting the raptors on any given day is a huge risk
    Obviously you didn't watch the raptors this season when Bargnani was playing. He seems like a changed player this season. He has been playing hard at both ends and was putting up good numbers. The team didn play pretty well for the first few games. Too bad he got hurt. But i am not complaining as we need a top 5 pick in this year's 'super' draft:-)

killersweet

Quote Originally Posted by icemaster47 View Post
    I live in the GTA and am also a Raptors fan. The problem is personnel and I don't see how it gets better, no one wants to play here. In a star driven league the Raptors just don't have the stars or the draw. What max money guy wants to come up here? And building through the the draft takes time... not to mention the right guy. And Colangelo is not the right guy.
    Vince Carter, Chris Bosh all signed extentions before they left town due to terrible managerial decisions. I wouldn’t say stars don’t want to play here. We didn’t handle the stars we had here properly and they left town. At this point we are rebuilding and a top 5 pick in this year’s draft will be a good thing!

killersweet

Quote Originally Posted by rfr3sh View Post
    they cant score, bargnani is out so there is 30% of the offense
    play alright d but score 70 pts a game so they cant win
    useless team, only Toronto team I do not care about
    Because Maple Leafs have been so stellar over the years right If you ask me, they are worse than the raptors. They take their fans for granted.
    All Toronto teams suck and we are cursed as a sports city.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

You can't say that the Star players were against coming to Toronto. Vince Carter, Chris Bosh, Charles Oakley, Hakeem Olajuwon, Tracy McGrady just for a few. All of those players had their fare share of stardom over the years.

I would like to see Barbosa in the starting lineup. He's the only raptor that can create offense and he opens other players up. His Defensive game is not what Dwayne Casey wants and that's why he's only getting 20 minutes a game.

They won't win until they have someone who can take control of games. Their offensive game is in shambles. I agree Bargani has looked better this year but what did Casey expect playing him 45 minutes in the first game of 3 in 3 nights? 45 fukken minutes is wrong for anyone to play at anytime of regular season. The best teams in the regular season will have the deepest bench. Toronto has no bench except for Barbosa/Bayless.

I dunno, I think they should just tank the rest of the season and hope they get lucky in the lottery and win top spot. Also, trade away Calderon/Derozan for another good pick. Also, only pick black Americans. And get rid of Jamaal Magloire, he's washed up and can't jump higher than 3 inches.

nick86
    nick86's Avatar Become A Pro!

Black american stars don't like playing in Canada with the exception of Carter who was treated poorly by management which is why more european players are drafted.

biggie12

killersweet keep dreaming.

Regul8er
    Wordd

When Gary Forbes is a game high scorer (which he's been this year) your looking at potentially one of the worst seasons ever!

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i thought the bucks were until last night

dont worry i am a mets and hawks fan its bad for a lot of us

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Forbes is the worst player, overall the whole team just plays to not lose by 30 points. Disgrace to our country, they need to spend some money and put together a better team.

killersweet

Quote Originally Posted by biggie12 View Post
    killersweet keep dreaming.
    As a Toronto Sports fan, that's all we can do. But don't forget, when no one expected, we did win the atlantic division few years back. With a little more luck in the draft and some trades, I think raptors will be back in the playoff picture. As far as being a contender, we have a long long way to go.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    As a Toronto Sports fan, that's all we can do. But don't forget, when no one expected, we did win the atlantic division few years back. With a little more luck in the draft and some trades, I think raptors will be back in the playoff picture. As far as being a contender, we have a long long way to go.
    I truly thought Colangelo was a godsend when he first came to TO. However, the team had its peak and over the past 3 or 4 seasons have been getting worse and worse. They haven't seemed to do anything to improve either.

I think Colangelo has got to go. He's had plenty of years and he hasn't put a decent squad together.

killersweet

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    I truly thought Colangelo was a godsend when he first came to TO. However, the team had its peak and over the past 3 or 4 seasons have been getting worse and worse. They haven't seemed to do anything to improve either.

I think Colangelo has got to go. He's had plenty of years and he hasn't put a decent squad together.
    yea, BC did get away with a lot cuz of his image and name. He didn't have the same success he had with suns for sure. But he has been given lots of chances, but the ice is thin now. If things don't improve significantly over the next few years, he may go for sure. He only got a 2 year extention.

Bpark113
    Still Believe!
    Bpark113's Avatar Become A Pro!

You'd be rich if you were taking Under on Raptors every time up to this point

hels

yea, BC did get away with a lot cuz of his image and name. He didn't have the same success he had with suns for sure. But he has been given lots of chances, but the ice is thin now. If things don't improve significantly over the next few years, he may go for sure. He only got a 2 year extention.
    If the season continues going downhill they'll get a top 4 draft pick. If I were him I'd be telling coach casey that they should start focusing on next season now. Maybe they already are and that's why Derozan, Bargani and Calderon are getting such high minutes. That will make increase their ppg, rpg and apg for sure maybe giving them slightly better value.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

No one man should have all that pasta.

Legero
    Legero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by nick86 View Post
    Black american stars don't like playing in Canada with the exception of Carter who was treated poorly by management which is why more european players are drafted.
    Wrong. GM Colangelo is a business man and sees Toronto as a multi-cultural city. He wants to find a player from every ethnic background and create a United Colours of Benneton ad on the basketball court to draw fans from those backgrounds.

He does not care about Championships, only creating a product for niche markets within the town he works for.

biggie12

Real good accomplishment.

PHILADELPHIA
    BOSTON
    NEW JERSEY
    NEW YORK

tough division

We had a much stronger roster back then, things are only going more and more down hill with the raptors they are a farm team.