wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

How about them Lakers....

Where are all the Lakers fanbois? Stretching bed sheets somewhere?

10-8 and in a free fall. Tied for 10th with Houston and Portland.

Best thing you can say for them is they only have 1 game in the next 5 days. Too bad that is against the Clippers. Then they have back to back road games. They might possibly steal one in Mil since that is a back end of a back to back with Chi the night before. But Min looking more and more like a loss to me.

So as I said 2-5 in that stretch looks like it will be a lot of work, 1-6 looks most likely as the only win they can count on is at home to Charlotte.

But as it is the Lakers are right about where I said they would be, I figured they would lose those games, as I have posted here more than a few times.

But since everyone loves to post a thread like this off a miracle win by the Lakers I figured turn about would be fair play after they lose a game at home. To a decent team, but still if Lakers are as good as people think they cant be losing home games to these types of teams. If not fora miracle 3 by Fishers lakers would be on a 5 games losing streak, as it is theyre still 1-4 and have looked like absolute ass. Which isnt a surprise to anyone that has a clue.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

I loved the Lakers tonight!!

I unloaded on Pacers 2nd half ML +150

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1252

Love how you are soo right.

Hate how you have to rub it in everday. =)

enough already we get the point.

If no trades happen.... lakers are in alot of turmoil.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

They are awful, but the Pacers are really good this season.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

They won't be close to the lottery so your still wrong

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Laker fan checking in. Yeah no sh*t! They are in a bad situation and we knew this coming into the season. Once the Chris Paul trade fell threw that was the only chance they had at another frontrunning season. It's not gonna be pretty.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    They won't be close to the lottery so your still wrong
    LMAO keep telling yourself that. Theyre only better than 3 teams right now in the west, Phoenix, Sactown, New Orleans. Golden St is way behind them in the standings but if they get and stay healthy will probably finish ahead of the Lakers.

If you cant see how bad this team is youre fooling yourself.

EDIT: you do know what being in the lottery means right? And where you have to finish to get a lottery pick?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will obviously still make the playoffs, are you this much of an idiot?

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    They will obviously still make the playoffs, are you this much of an idiot?
    You going to be saying that when they lose 5 of their next 7 and are sitting at 12-13 and still looking at 3 more road games? How many more games they going to win this month? 1 maybe 2 if theyre really lucky? How many wins next month. Hell I think Atl might beat them in LA now. I gave that one to LA originally.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

They should mail the season in and get a good draft pick. Trade Bynum and Gasol for Howard. Big whoop, so they don't make the playoffs, it happens to the best.

Unlikely though, they'll be in the playoffs and out 1st or 2nd round

wantitall4moi

They should try and trade Kobe, if they were smart that would be the move. Not sure if he has a no trade or not I think he does. Why would Howard come to LA? His team just blew the Lakers out. So why would he go to a worse team? Especially after they traded 2 of the best pieces to get him there?

Howard would be brain dead to go to the Lakers, he would be better off going to Cleveland and playing with those young guys, he would be as close to a ring as he would be with the Lakers...actually a lot closer if you ask me. Lakers future is in the toilet, this year is just a precursor to what is right around the corner.

Lakers are just a bad team, the only thing Lakers have is LA, and that is now the Clippers dept, if Orl keeps Howard and doesnt trade him then I suspect he will be on the Clippers for a not too huge contract, and Clips get him without trading anyone. We will find out by mid March.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Kobe looks like he is burnt out already

They need to start over

Wanty good call

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Lakers as a whole are slow. Not one quick guy on that team.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    They should try and trade Kobe, if they were smart that would be the move. Not sure if he has a no trade or not I think he does. Why would Howard come to LA? His team just blew the Lakers out. So why would he go to a worse team? Especially after they traded 2 of the best pieces to get him there?

Howard would be brain dead to go to the Lakers, he would be better off going to Cleveland and playing with those young guys, he would be as close to a ring as he would be with the Lakers...actually a lot closer if you ask me. Lakers future is in the toilet, this year is just a precursor to what is right around the corner.

Lakers are just a bad team, the only thing Lakers have is LA, and that is now the Clippers dept, if Orl keeps Howard and doesnt trade him then I suspect he will be on the Clippers for a not too huge contract, and Clips get him without trading anyone. We will find out by mid March.
    All one has to do is read this post to realize that you have no clue how professional basketball works.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Tied for 10th with Houston and Portland.
    A whole .5 games out of 4th & 1 game out of 3rd......lol

How come everytime the Lakers win it's because of a "miracle" but when they lose it's "I told you so. I told you the sukk?"

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

talk about overreacting, yeah we are slow and we suck, but we're still better than the cel and knicks, two teams that are supposed to be good this year right?

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    talk about overreacting, yeah we are slow and we suck, but we're still better than the cel and knicks, two teams that are supposed to be good this year right?
    Celtics hardly, they are old, but have speed in Rondo, Lakers don't have a Rondo, just old people. The knicks, ah yeah them..............

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Celtics hardly, they are old, but have speed in Rondo, Lakers don't have a Rondo, just old people. The knicks, ah yeah them..............
    cel have rondo, but the rest of their core are already way past their prime, lakers are old our big 3 is still good enough to compete in the western conference, our bench is inconsistent but they are the deepest bench we have for the past few years, look for mcroberts and murphy to help out, blake if he returns and world peace if he can play within himself

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

cel have rondo, but the rest of their core are already way past their prime, lakers are old our big 3 is still good enough to compete in the western conference, our bench is inconsistent but they are the deepest bench we have for the past few years, look for mcroberts and murphy to help out, blake if he returns and world peace if he can play within himself
    You aren't going to win a title this season, fans should know this now, so why not get a good draft pick? Makes sense? No? Trade for Howard. Give Gasol and Bynum.

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    You aren't going to win a title this season, fans should know this now, so why not get a good draft pick? Makes sense? No? Trade for Howard. Give Gasol and Bynum.
    both gasol and bynum for d12 is not worth it, they would be extremely stupid dumb to give up that much for dwight, i understand dwight is a great player but giving the 2nd best center in the league and one of the top 10 pfs in the game, not sure if he's in the top 5 now, but trading those 2 to acquire dwight is too much, i'd rather keep these 3 and try to find a legit point guard or just try to develop morris

kobefanatic

oh yeah i forgot to add i think we need to find a new offensive coach since mr potato head doesn't know to run an offense, we all know he is a good defensive coach but as an offensive coach

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Biggest problem with Laker haters... They gloat too soon.

18 games into a 66 game season. It's overrrr! Whoooo! How's it feel to be 10-8 bitches? You guys are so done!

What a buffoon, the Lakers always bounce back. Make sure you bump this when they make their typical fluke trade in February or July.

upscope

both gasol and bynum for d12 is not worth it, they would be extremely stupid dumb to give up that much for dwight, i understand dwight is a great player but giving the 2nd best center in the league and one of the top 10 pfs in the game, not sure if he's in the top 5 now, but trading those 2 to acquire dwight is too much, i'd rather keep these 3 and try to find a legit point guard or just try to develop morris
    I think this is where you are wrong. Gasol is 31 now & is slipping quickly. It's best to get near full value for him now because if he continues to play as bad as he has since late last season his trade value window of opportunity will be lost. Not only would I give Gasol + Bynum for Howard but I would DEMAND they take Gasol. The reason is simple. Bynum makes 15m, Gasol makes 19m. You take the 15m & max out Howard with it which would be about a wash w/ the new collective bargaining agreement.
    Now you have Gasol's 19m off the books & can go out on the market & get a point guard or whatever else front office deems necessary. Lakers are gonna have to almost certainly take on Turkoglu's 11m contract but that still leaves 8m left over from Gasol's contract plus L. Odom's 8.9m TE & that buys a pretty good point guard to go along w/ Kobe & Howard??

upscope

oh yeah i forgot to add i think we need to find a new offensive coach since mr potato head doesn't know to run an offense, we all know he is a good defensive coach but as an offensive coach
    Kobe is the offensive coach

kobefanatic

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I think this is where you are wrong. Gasol is 31 now & is slipping quickly. It's best to get near full value for him now because if he continues to play as bad as he has since late last season his trade value window of opportunity will be lost. Not only would I give Gasol + Bynum for Howard but I would DEMAND they take Gasol. The reason is simple. Bynum makes 15m, Gasol makes 19m. You take the 15m & max out Howard with it which would be about a wash w/ the new collective bargaining agreement.
    Now you have Gasol's 19m off the books & can go out on the market & get a point guard or whatever else front office deems necessary. Lakers are gonna have to almost certainly take on Turkoglu's 11m contract but that still leaves 8m left over from Gasol's contract plus L. Odom's 8.9m TE & that buys a pretty good point guard to go along w/ Kobe & Howard??
    gasol is only 31 and not yet slipping look at the twin towers if you can give up only bynum + fillers or whoever to get dwight and still have gasol they can form a legit twin tower, forming a big 3 with kobe, look at it we need a quick defensive point guard not someone who will really control the ball since kobe doesn't like to share the ball with other guards, remember how the gary payton experiment failed? kobe wants the ball as soon as possible

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

this clown is a bigger hater than forsberg or whatever that iranian's name is.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Lakers have been sucking, but this is how basketball goes. They are going to lose plenty, but still end up in a decent playoff spot.

upscope

gasol is only 31 and not yet slipping look at the twin towers if you can give up only bynum + fillers or whoever to get dwight and still have gasol they can form a legit twin tower, forming a big 3 with kobe, look at it we need a quick defensive point guard not someone who will really control the ball since kobe doesn't like to share the ball with other guards, remember how the gary payton experiment failed? kobe wants the ball as soon as possible
    When you have Dwight Howard you don't need twin towers. The Lakers do not have assets outside of Bynum & Gasol & there simply is no way the Magic are giving Howard for Bynum & a bunch of garbage contracts. As good as it sounds, realistically it's not going to happen. Gasol is signed through 2014 @ 19m/per. I'm pretty sure the Lakers would rather clear the books of that contract & sign a max free agent rather than have Gasol play it out.

Would you rather have:
    1) Kobe, Howard & a 32 yr old (next yr) slipping Gasol
    or
    2) Kobe, Howard & D. Williams

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

gasoft needs to stop jacking up 3s like he's reggie miller.

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    gasoft needs to stop jacking up 3s like he's reggie miller.

He @ least hits the rim w/ them unlike Kapono

kobefanatic

When you have Dwight Howard you don't need twin towers. The Lakers do not have assets outside of Bynum & Gasol & there simply is no way the Magic are giving Howard for Bynum & a bunch of garbage contracts. As good as it sounds, realistically it's not going to happen. Gasol is signed through 2014 @ 19m/per. I'm pretty sure the Lakers would rather clear the books of that contract & sign a max free agent rather than have Gasol play it out.

Would you rather have:
    1) Kobe, Howard & a 32 yr old (next yr) slipping Gasol
    or
    2) Kobe, Howard & D. Williams
    i'd rather have kobe howard and gasol, because kobe loves to shoot, dwight also wants to score, and gasol is the only one who will give up the ball and defer to those 2, while d williams is still young he would want to be the man as well that way the chemistry might mess up, if we can have both gasol and dwight manning the frontline we only need a decent PG, not an all star PG, since kobe would not want to have someone holding on to the ball for around 10 secs during their offense

upscope

i'd rather have kobe howard and gasol, because kobe loves to shoot, dwight also wants to score, and gasol is the only one who will give up the ball and defer to those 2, while d williams is still young he would want to be the man as well that way the chemistry might mess up, if we can have both gasol and dwight manning the frontline we only need a decent PG, not an all star PG, since kobe would not want to have someone holding on to the ball for around 10 secs during their offense
    I think you're grossly underestimating the dire straits situation the Lakers point guard situation is in. Especially defensively. It's tough to even get your hands on a decent one these days as everybody wants them & that drives their market value UP. If the Lakers got Howard w/o giving UP Gasol they are out of cap space & would not be able to afford a "decent point guard." If Howard ends UP in LA it's one or the other, Gasol or a point guard. Considering what Howard brings to the interior both offensively & defensively I much rather have an elite PG rather than another big man.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Outside of Kobe, Bynum and Gasol, they are completely putrid.

kobefanatic

I think you're grossly underestimating the dire straits situation the Lakers point guard situation is in. Especially defensively. It's tough to even get your hands on a decent one these days as everybody wants them & that drives their market value UP. If the Lakers got Howard w/o giving UP Gasol they are out of cap space & would not be able to afford a "decent point guard." If Howard ends UP in LA it's one or the other, Gasol or a point guard. Considering what Howard brings to the interior both offensively & defensively I much rather have an elite PG rather than another big man.
    everyone knows they need a PG, not an elite one, just someone who can defend better than fisher,blake someone decent like you said, it's almost impossible for LA to have an elite PG even if they trade both gasol and bynum for dwight, since they can't offer max money in free agency they are still over the cap even with gasol and bynum gone, i will gladly settle on the 2nd tier pgs in the league like harris fast but not among the the top 5, andre miller is old but still serviceable and way better than fisher, hinrich can be had since hawks will be developing teague, ramon sessions is good, mo williams assuming clippers will deal with us, george hill if he becomes a free agent since they have collison

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Lakers are a terrible basketball team.

12 Last