curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thurs, March 5 plays

Dallas (ML if fav, + points if dog)
    Portland +5
    Portland 2H (depending on the line, don't go crazy)

bmw530i
    bmw530i's Avatar Become A Pro!

Curious, you ever do any Over/Unders?

curious

Quote Originally Posted by bmw530i View Post
    Curious, you ever do any Over/Unders?
    No

Sisig
    Sisig's Avatar Become A Pro!

why portland?

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sisig View Post
    why portland?
    tuna or pork?

csimmalavong
    csimmalavong's Avatar Become A Pro!

What why dallas ?

mb19
    mb19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sisig View Post
    why portland?
    Quote Originally Posted by csimmalavong View Post
    What why dallas ?
    Things are about to get ugly in here.

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe Curious has a system and from what I understand, he plays whatever games the system says are good value. He does play a lot of big ML favorites but is extremely successful.

jkrap27
    jkrap27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Dallas (ML if fav, + points if dog)
    Portland +5
    Portland 2H (depending on the line, don't go crazy)

good picks. for the dallas game take the over and the under for the portland game.

curious

Why Dallas? Why Portland?

I use who's hot / who's cold. I look to find a hot team playing a cold team. If the team is a dog I use ATS to determine hot/cold, if the team is a fav I use SU.

I skip any game of two hot teams or two cold teams playing each other.

I also skip games where either of the teams is neither hot nor cold.

I only play favs on the money line, laying points is for rookies and wimps.

This approach works far more often than not.

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey
    therber2's Avatar Become A Pro!

Curious what is your definition of "hot" and "cold." Is there a more specific trend you've noticed (eg. hotter vs. colder = stronger trend vis versa)?

curious

Quote Originally Posted by therber2 View Post
    Curious what is your definition of "hot" and "cold." Is there a more specific trend you've noticed (eg. hotter vs. colder = stronger trend vis versa)?
    i don't make it that complicated. 4-0 is hot, 0-7 is cold.

For a given team I look at their games and see what they have been doing. I usually stop at a change in trend, if the change is obvious. Take New Jersey for example. Just look at their results. They either won or covered their last 5 games in a row. Why do I go back 5 games instead of 6 or 7 or 23? Because before that they lost 5 games in a row. Obviously the trend changed.

I picked up on this trend change when New Jersey had won 2 in a row, so I have been following them for 3 games which they all won.

Sometimes you have to go back more games, for Orlando you have to go back 7 games, they are 5-2 ATS in those. Why 7? Because before that they had a 3 game losing streak.

If a team's record is choppy, say they are 4-4, then I say they are neither hot nor cold and I pass on that game.

If you just look at a team's record using the matchup feature it usually becomes obvious what the trend is.

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey

Well it is working! I'm looking for the trends you were following here then for tonight's games. Denver and Portland. Seems like a good pick. Denver is definitely "cold", but there trend seems to indicate a rebound. Plus they will be playing at a much much higher altitude. Not sure about this one my man. Let's see.

Gl Curious, thanks for the insight!

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    i don't make it that complicated. 4-0 is hot, 0-7 is cold.

For a given team I look at their games and see what they have been doing. I usually stop at a change in trend, if the change is obvious. Take New Jersey for example. Just look at their results. They either won or covered their last 5 games in a row. Why do I go back 5 games instead of 6 or 7 or 23? Because before that they lost 5 games in a row. Obviously the trend changed.

I picked up on this trend change when New Jersey had won 2 in a row, so I have been following them for 3 games which they all won.

Sometimes you have to go back more games, for Orlando you have to go back 7 games, they are 5-2 ATS in those. Why 7? Because before that they had a 3 game losing streak.

If a team's record is choppy, say they are 4-4, then I say they are neither hot nor cold and I pass on that game.

If you just look at a team's record using the matchup feature it usually becomes obvious what the trend is.
    excellent points curious!

curious

Quote Originally Posted by therber2 View Post
    Well it is working! I'm looking for the trends you were following here then for tonight's games. Denver and Portland. Seems like a good pick. Denver is definitely "cold", but there trend seems to indicate a rebound. Plus they will be playing at a much much higher altitude. Not sure about this one my man. Let's see.

Gl Curious, thanks for the insight!
    I'm not sure what that means "....there trend seems to indicate a rebound...". Denver is 1-6 ATS. How does that trend indicate a "rebound"?

It is easier for a team that is losing to lose again than it is for them to win.

therber2
    Barrels of whiskey

That is true. I meant a rebound based on previous trends. Denver has come back hard after a two day loss, but then again you are right; Denver is changing pace. The altitude still bothers me though. heh.

nonsense48
    nonsense48's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting to say the least