CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Getting a bad number

What do you guys do when you get a bad number? Just take it and pray it still hits? Any suggestion other then don't get a bad number lol

For example:

I took Indy/Sac UNDER 188 this morning, first rattle out of the box. Now its up to 191 in some places. I check the lines at work back and forth when I don't have something going on so its not like I can sit and line watch either.

What's your thoughts here?

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

add more if you like the play a lot

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    I did like the play, but the way the line is moving makes me think big money is on the over.

Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

Great question chaz. Saw ur post in LTAs forum. I am nowhere near the capper LTA is, but i would say take ur medicine and move on. I am at best 60-40 when predicting moves, football being my best. Try and figure out why it moved against you, and learn from it. One day u can hone ur skills to a great level of 70 someodd percent like LTA. U might still have a winner. Steam against u isnt always bad. Look at the bulls total last night! Best of luck.

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

I usually just stick with what I have and ride it out.

The problem is if you take the other side then it can hit in the middle and you lose both. Also, if you double up on your original play just because you are getting a better number then you can lose double even though you normally wouldn't have bet double on it.

I know you already know all that, but that is the approach I usually take.

Donnie Brasco

I would say never buy out of the play, or add to it. Just doesnt make sense.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie Brasco View Post
    I would say never buy out of the play, or add to it. Just doesnt make sense.
    Well, buying it back when the line has moved 4-5 or more points would seem to me you're leaving lots of room for you to lose on both ends

Donnie Brasco

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Well, buying it back when the line has moved 4-5 or more points would seem to me you're leaving lots of room for you to lose on both ends
    My thoughts exactly

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

look around to get a feel for which side is juicing before you make the bet... I know you dont have time to watch lines all day, but if you saw the over juicing at 80% of books you'd have an inkling as to what the line will do as the day progresses.
    obviously you have time to get on the internet throughout the day, dont play a number unless you are 100% certain you are getting a "good" number.
    I'd rather KNOW I have a good closer instead of HOPING on hitting the opener straight.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

When betting totals, just understand that its a volatile market that can move either way.

For all you know the same people that have bet it over, are now betting it under.

Ride it out, and see what you can do @ halftime.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave HoulihansTX 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    When betting totals, just understand that its a volatile market that can move either way.

For all you know the same people that have bet it over, are now betting it under.

Ride it out, and see what you can do @ halftime.
    To continue on what you said.

Attempting to hedge / middle a play that's 4-5 points removed from your original bet is bad news. Your best bet to attempt that would be during half-time or if you have the ability to bet live.

Not advocating buying out of a play or anything like that. Just telling you the best chances you have to do so while avoiding a possible middle and losing both plays.

BOL

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post

To continue on what you said.

Attempting to hedge / middle a play that's 4-5 points removed from your original bet is bad news. Your best bet to attempt that would be during half-time or if you have the ability to bet live.

Not advocating buying out of a play or anything like that. Just telling you the best chances you have to do so while avoiding a possible middle and losing both plays.

BOL
    Live betting is to much of a pain by phone. Thanks for the idea though

Line movement didn't even matter either way this time.

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by CHAZ View Post
    Live betting is to much of a pain by phone. Thanks for the idea though Line movement didn't even matter either way this time.
    That's why I opened up a Bodog and 5 Dimes account. Don't keep much in there except for situations like this. May not be a bad idea...

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Personally, this is the last thing I would do.

I like the buying out @ halftime if the opportunity arises strategy.