darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Jordan Thinks Only Kobe Deserves To Be Compared To Him

Really? Not Lebron? Wonder why?

--
    ...He's working on a Michael Jordan book now and has spoken to the man. Which led to this interesting couple of tweets from Lazenby receently.
    Kobe’s ultimate competition is MJ. That’s why MJ watches him. MJ made people think what he was doing wasn’t human. Ditto the Kobester.

I never said Kobe was better than MJ. MJ just told me Kobe’s the only one to have done the work, to deserve comparison.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...222702003.html

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

You honestly don't know why Jordan does not consider Lebron on the same tier as himself and Kobe? Come on man...Kobe and MJ are/were killers. Lebron is a liability when it matters most.

darkhat

I'm obviously being sarcastic.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

LeBron is comaprable to Karl Malone. I'll give him that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course Lebron doesnt deserve to be compared to MJ or even compared to Kobe. He hasn't done anything.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-17-12 at 08:25 PM.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Kobe is not worthy either. Kobe is just as bad as lebron down the stretch. Kobe is one of the worst clutch shooters of all time. Check the actual statistics on that. The only difference between Kobe and lebron is Kobe has always had a better team than lebron to bail his ass out when he air balls the game winner.

zsr

Kobe is not one of the worst clutch shooter of all time. Him and Lebron are both low 30%, nowhere near Jordan but not worst all time. Carmelo is the best since Jordan

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Of course Lebron doesnt deserve to be compared to him or even Kobe. He hasn't done anything.
    Kobe hasn't done anything?

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post

Kobe hasn't done anything?
    No Lebron hasn't done anything. I was saying Lebron shouldn't be compared Jordan or even compared to Kobe

darkhat

No Lebron hasn't done anything. I was saying Lebron shouldn't be compared Jordan or even compared to Kobe
    I know.. I had to reread it. My bad.

FindTheLock

Kobe is not one of the worst clutch shooter of all time. Him and Lebron are both low 30%, nowhere near Jordan but not worst all time. Carmelo is the best since Jordan
    Kobe holds the record for most game winning shots missed.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

kobe won couple of titles without a hof sidekick. jordan never got out of 1st rd without pippen.

kobe >>>>>> jokedon

zsr

Lol. Crusty back trolling. How's Carson doing
    Last edited by zsr; 01-17-12 at 08:35 PM.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Kobe holds the record for most game winning shots missed.
    and made.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Funny thread. Lebron hate just oozing.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Come on now, you can't possibly think he should be in the conversation at this moment do you?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron is a freak of nature. No one can deny how physically gifted he is. He's had people kissing his ass for a long time. My non-statistical observation is that he doesn't seem hungry. He doesn't show a killer instinct late in games, like another guy on his own team does. He needs to quit balling it up with his posse and bust his ass to improve his FT shooting in the off-season.

I think what MJ meant about putting in the work is how Kobe approaches the game. He's always been the hardest working man on the floor and he's a general on the court.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave SBR Lou 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Of course Lebron doesnt deserve to be compared to MJ or even compared to Kobe. He hasn't done anything.

clueless about football and basketball.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Not sure how to rank them as three of the world's biggest assholes, though. All have strong cases for the #1 spot.

darkhat

A lot of Kobe hate always.. Like you can't post anything about any hall of fame player saying Kobe is better without people going nuts. Magic Johnson? he was a laker so he has to say that? And he had aids... Jordan said this? He was probably drunk... etc etc..

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Lou View Post
    Lebron is a freak of nature. No one can deny how physically gifted he is. He's had people kissing his ass for a long time. My non-statistical observation is that he doesn't seem hungry. He doesn't show a killer instinct late in games, like another guy on his own team does. He needs to quit balling it up with his posse and bust his ass to improve his FT shooting in the off-season.

I think what MJ meant about putting in the work is how Kobe approaches the game. He's always been the hardest working man on the floor and he's a general on the court.

Kobe and MJ have always been "closers" and that makes winning possible. Lebron has all of the tools put can't seal the deal in big games.

zsr

Crusty how many picks did Carson throw to cost them the playoff spot? 3? 4? Can't remember

Lebron obviously isn't anywhere near top 20 yet, he has to do something to be in the discussion
    Last edited by zsr; 01-17-12 at 08:53 PM.

darkhat

Exactly.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Exactly.

That's not true. Lebron is hungry. He loses his confidence at pivotal moments during the game.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    That's not true. Lebron is hungry. He loses his confidence at pivotal moments during the game.
    I guess nobody really knows his basketball regimen in the off-season, but Kobe's always struck me as a guy that has a basketball in his hand at least 350 days a year. Lebron, on the other hand, still bricks FTs and his stroke isn't as smooth.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave SBR Lou 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32331

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    LeBron is comaprable to Karl Malone. I'll give him that.
    Don't do the mailman like that.

I hate Kobe, but I admit, he has the same killer instinct gene as Michael has.
    LeChoke doesn't have it, and you can't buy one either.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Idiots think they know more than NBA GM"s that choose Kobe every year as the guy they would want taking the last shot. Fukkin unreal.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    Hungry for a cheeseburger.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

I guess nobody really knows his basketball regimen in the off-season, but Kobe's always struck me as a guy that has a basketball in his hand at least 350 days a year. Lebron, on the other hand, still bricks FTs and his stroke isn't as smooth.

Well....when it come's to pure competitors in the current era, you're correct, Kobe Bryant has more desire than any other player and his competitiveness overshadows any other player. Who does this remind us of? Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan was known for winning at all costs. ( he would want to beat his children at checkers)

Kobe is more of a pure shooter where as Lebron is a physical specimen that uses his physicality.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Idiots think they know more than NBA GM"s that choose Kobe every year as the guy they would want taking the last shot. Fukkin unreal.
    Hall of famers, GMs... essentially everyone but Lebron fans pick kobe.
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave darkhat 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

All I know is if Kobe and Jordan grew up and played ball for their entire careers together in the same era....Jordan would probably only have 4 rings instead of 6 and Kobe would have 3-4 himself. And as a result, Jordan probably wouldn't have retired midway through his career (mid-90's) because he would have had his competitor there to keep him hungry.

darkhat

All I know is if Kobe and Jordan grew up and played ball for their entire careers together in the same era....Jordan would probably only have 4 rings instead of 6 and Kobe would have 3-4 himself. And as a result, Jordan probably wouldn't have retired midway through his career (mid-90's) because he would have had his competitor there to keep him hungry.
    Or if he didn't get suspended for gambling .

FindTheLock

All I know is, if Kobe ever played on the same team as MJ, you wouldn't even know who Kobe Bryant was.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Come on now, you can't possibly think he should be in the conversation at this moment do you?
    A lot of Kobe hate always.. Like you can't post anything about any hall of fame player saying Kobe is better without people going nuts. Magic Johnson? he was a laker so he has to say that? And he had aids... Jordan said this? He was probably drunk... etc etc..
    No, I just think it is funny a thread like this pops up when Lebron is going off. It is just pure hate.

No one is Jordan, period.

zsr

No, I just think it is funny a thread like this pops up when Lebron is going off. It is just pure hate.

No one is Jordan, period.
    True, but it's just as bad as all the Kobe hate when he dropped 40 for about a week straight.

Agreed on the last part. I'm not sure why people still don't realize this. Neither Kobe or Lebron have done anything close to what Jordan did.

1234 ... Last