thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

did the lakers cover last night? this is a gambling forum, not espn.com

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Im confused as to how fishers shot was a bad shot?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LOL I am not wrong. If they make a 6 seed I will say that. Maybe even if they get a 7 seed and have a guy injured.
    You said they'd be a lottery team.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    You're funny. The Lakers go ahead & beat one of the supposedly elite teams that you "assigned" a Laker loss to yet you still discredit it anyway imaginable. Even when the Lakers win it's not good enough for you because they don't win by enough & therefore that victorious margin of victory is a definite indicator on how they will fare in future match-UP's w/ entirely different opponents
    You're the guy that says Pittsburgh beat Philly by 10 & Philly beat Cincy by 10 so therefore Pittsburgh should beat Cincy by 20 <---------- . This is the part about sports that you never have & never will understand & the reason why you will be broke as a sports better eventually. If it actually worked that way everybody would be rich. Match-UP's mean everything in sports. To look ahead @ the schedule & 4 months from now "assign" wins/losses w/o any knowledge of what the situation @ that time holds is as amateurish @ it gets.

You seriously are deranged w/ your obvious hatred towards the Lakers. I honestly wish you the best in life because after reading your views over the last couple weeks I have a strong suspicion you're gonna need it.

Seriously though, stay off the roads please, there are innocent people out there.
    lack of reading comprehension. I gave Lakers credit for that win originally then changed my mind because of the way kobe played recently. It was a clear toss up game the lakers got the win. Would you bet the Lakers AT Dallas SU for even money right now?

As for assigning wins, I do it assuming no injuries and teams playing to the best of their ability under the circumstances that game falls under.

So basically my Lakers prediction is best case scenario for them. Of course other teams might have problems or injuries that will give La a slightly better chance but you give a margin for error in those situations. Thats why I said Lakers could win as few as 30 (assuming no injuries) and as many as 37. 37 wins definitely gets them in the play offs. I still think that is a 7 seed, but it could possibly be a 6. These bottom tier teams are really even. The games they have played have shown that Lakers have barely beat these teams at Staples. The only 'quality' road win was against the Jazz, and they werent a team I originally had competing with LA, so if you take out GS (which I did have better than LA) and replace them with Utah then LA is +1 n the road wins column.

We can talk about this every time Lakers win or lose a game, there are still 51 games left for them to play. I say they'll be sub 500 in those games. 23-28 is what I figure. They could go 20-31 or they might possibly go 27-24. All depends on the circumstances. As close as all their games have been this year theyre all seemingly a toss up in the end. So a 7 game swing isnt out of the question. They surely arent going to win every close game this year, which is basically what they have done this year with the exception of the Bulls game.

I am done talking about this now, we can revisit it after valentines day, I doubt however people will want to bring it up once reality sets in.

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    Im confused as to how fishers shot was a bad shot?

They have 2 seven footers in the game, they had 9 seconds on the clock, they didnt even make an effort to get it inside. Fisher took the shot with almost 4 seconds left on the clock. If he misses Dallas can advance the ball and has almost 4 seconds to get a game winning basket. It went in so it is moot, but the 'odds' of that happening arent nearly good enough to make it a long term successful shot.

throw it inside look for an easy lay up or a foul. take a semi sure thing over a 3 pointer, wide open look or not.

Had he taken the shot with a second left then sure OK, but he took it way too early. Big difference between 3 or 4 seconds and 1 second if he misses.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

wantitall........who's your team guy? Why are you avoiding the question? Who is your favorite team?

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

i dunno who he has replaced, but wantitall has become the resident "i write obnoxiously long posts like i know it all and i like to think i really do, but its blatantly obvious to the rest of the board that i am the completely clueless one around here and everyone can see it but me" poster ... damn son

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    wantitall........who's your team guy? Why are you avoiding the question? Who is your favorite team?
    I dint have favorite teams. But I used to have season tix for the Clippers and would like to see them do well. I dontlike Sterling one bit so 'rooting' for them is bitter sweet. But I know a lot of long suffering Clipper fans who have had season tickets forever and guys who go to the games no matter what. Theyre not fair weather laker jock sniffers who only go when the team is good. I remember the years Lakers sucked, games were half empty. Then they got good and people started going again. thats the LA way. Clippers are sub 500 every year basically and people still show up and cheer for them. Thats one of the reason why they were one of the few profitable NBA teams.

Do you Laker fans even realize how bad this team is going to be in a couple years?

wantitall4moi

Here is an actual dose of reality for the Laker fans. It would never happen but would be interesting if Stern would try and submarine another trade that worked on paper.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-10845845

I personally dont see the fascination with Dwight Howard but he is a legit big man and that is a rarity. I like Jordan plenty I also think he is a capable big man with a lot of upside. So if they give Jordan, Williams and a pick is that enough? Obviously makes Clips a short term favorite, then it all depends on the money they will have to start spending to keep everyone around and how much of a pay cut people are willing to take to play with 3 guys like Griffen, Paul, and Howard. But you would have 3 legit all stars with at least 6 or 7 more quality years in the league. Finding guys willing to play for less that are decent is the tough part.

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    i dunno who he has replaced, but wantitall has become the resident "i write obnoxiously long posts like i know it all and i like to think i really do, but its blatantly obvious to the rest of the board that i am the completely clueless one around here and everyone can see it but me" poster ... damn son
    I can't say whether or not this is true b/c i have never read any of his posts, but i would be willing to guess that you're spot on. I think he's started to think that writing really long posts is his 'thing'. It's an annoying thing though, and I can guarantee you that very few of his posts are read by anyone. Why not make it short and sweet wantitall? I would actually like to know what you have to say, but it just isn't worth it.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

lol at over reaction from Faker fans.

Lakers are garbage and will be one and done in the playoffs. They're likely 1st round fodder. If they are lucky they get tremendous baby sitting by the refs like they did against SAC as we all remember and in the finals where they were gifted with a cherry on top, so if they're very lucky with that in the 1st round then they'll get swept again in the 2nd round (like last year). that's as far as that slow plodding team can go

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    lol at over reaction from Faker fans.

Lakers are garbage and will be one and done in the playoffs. They're likely 1st round fodder. If they are lucky they get tremendous baby sitting by the refs like they did against SAC as we all remember and in the finals where they were gifted with a cherry on top, so if they're very lucky with that in the 1st round then they'll get swept again in the 2nd round (like last year). that's as far as that slow plodding team can go

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

wow...for an nba forum, you sound like a cowboys fan

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

I dint have favorite teams. But I used to have season tix for the Clippers and would like to see them do well. I dontlike Sterling one bit so 'rooting' for them is bitter sweet. But I know a lot of long suffering Clipper fans who have had season tickets forever and guys who go to the games no matter what. Theyre not fair weather laker jock sniffers who only go when the team is good. I remember the years Lakers sucked, games were half empty. Then they got good and people started going again. thats the LA way. Clippers are sub 500 every year basically and people still show up and cheer for them. Thats one of the reason why they were one of the few profitable NBA teams.
    Are you honestly this delusional?? What exact yrs are you talking about where Laker games were half full?? I would say you're digging yourself a deep hole but it can't get any deeper.
    The Lakers moved into Staples in 2000 their attendance records since:

1999-00 41 771,410 18,815
    2000-01 41 776,336 18,935
    2001-02 41 778,877 18,997
    2002-03 41 777,888 18,972
    2003-04 41 777,757 18,969
    2004-05 41 770,494 18,792
    2005-06 41 774,189 18,882
    2006-07 41 778,415 18,985
    2007-08 41 778,877 18,997
    2008-09 41 778,877 18,997
    2009-10 41 778,877 18,997
    2010-11 41 778,877 18,997

William Walters

dlunc3..........being a lifelong Lakers fan is about as good as it gets (from a fans perspective). But, because the Lakers have absolutely dominated the NBA with 31 finals appearances and 16 titles (5 titles and 7 appearances since 2000) fans/haters around the country take every opportunity they have to bash the Lakers and their fans. I get it.............it must get old watching the Lakers win so often......and acquire great players. But, the constant bashing gets old as well. At times.........the haters need a dose of reality.

P.S. Sorry about the ass whooping put on A.I. and crew back in 2000-01.

William Walters

Are you honestly this delusional?? What exact yrs are you talking about where Laker games were half full?? I would say you're digging yourself a deep hole but it can't get any deeper.
    The Lakers moved into Staples in 2000 their attendance records since:

1999-00 41 771,410 18,815
    2000-01 41 776,336 18,935
    2001-02 41 778,877 18,997
    2002-03 41 777,888 18,972
    2003-04 41 777,757 18,969
    2004-05 41 770,494 18,792
    2005-06 41 774,189 18,882
    2006-07 41 778,415 18,985
    2007-08 41 778,877 18,997
    2008-09 41 778,877 18,997
    2009-10 41 778,877 18,997
    2010-11 41 778,877 18,997

upscope

Do you Laker fans even realize how bad this team is going to be in a couple years?
    Don't know if you know this or not but the Lakers have one of the most valuable franchises in all of sports. They will just reload like they have done for the past 50 +yrs. If they are bad for a couple yrs in the process I would guess that Laker fans would take the payoff which has been seven trips to the Finals & five World Championships over the last decade

In the meantime, you'll be sh#tting your pants knowing that it's just a matter of time till they reload & dominate for another decade. That's what elite franchises do.

upscope

They have 2 seven footers in the game, they had 9 seconds on the clock, they didnt even make an effort to get it inside. Fisher took the shot with almost 4 seconds left on the clock. If he misses Dallas can advance the ball and has almost 4 seconds to get a game winning basket. It went in so it is moot, but the 'odds' of that happening arent nearly good enough to make it a long term successful shot.

throw it inside look for an easy lay up or a foul. take a semi sure thing over a 3 pointer, wide open look or not.

Had he taken the shot with a second left then sure OK, but he took it way too early. Big difference between 3 or 4 seconds and 1 second if he misses.
    If going inside were a semi-sure thing teams would do it every time. There's no such thing.

It was actually a great look. When's the last time you saw a team go inside to a 7-footer for a last second shot?? You don't do this because the risk for turnover is too high. You have options for last second shots and those options revolve around guys that can create their own shots. You don't dump it into the low post where the inevitable double team comes & now you have a turnover prone big man forced to put the ball on the floor to create something that he's not capable of. Option one is Kobe, they doubled so he found the wide open Fish who took the best look they were gonna get. he didn't have the luxury of waiting till there was .01 to shoot he had a look @ hit it @ 3.7..... If he misses the long shot creates a long rebound & eats UP the rest of the clock.
    If you think that was a bad shot considering the circumstances there's little help for you. You are really pressing looking to turn every step of every Laker into hatred. i don't know if it's actually more comical or more pathetic??
    The only thing shocking about this play was that Kobe actually passed the ball

PR9

the Fakers aren't even the best team in their own town

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wantitall you have way too much time on your hands. Wow. From the one sentence I read it seems as if your already backing out of your lottery prediction saying they will be around .500

Didn't you say in your initial thread that you used to have lakers season tickets?

zsr

the Fakers aren't even the best team in their own town

Lol at a bandwagon heat fan talking shit about anyone.

dlunc3

dlunc3..........being a lifelong Lakers fan is about as good as it gets (from a fans perspective). But, because the Lakers have absolutely dominated the NBA with 31 finals appearances and 16 titles (5 titles and 7 appearances since 2000) fans/haters around the country take every opportunity they have to bash the Lakers and their fans. I get it.............it must get old watching the Lakers win so often......and acquire great players. But, the constant bashing gets old as well. At times.........the haters need a dose of reality.

P.S. Sorry about the ass whooping put on A.I. and crew back in 2000-01.
    Its all good... those were the glory days... AI was the best player in the league that year.. I was just happy that he singled handedly beat shaq/kobe by himself in game 1 in LA keeping them from sweeping them playoffs. Since that year, i've had a hard time hanging onto my season tickets.. so far, this season has been the best since those days. We are still one star away though. If we could convince one stud to come here, this team could be very dangerous and a legit contender.

zsr

Philly seems like the bulls of last year but without a superstar. Look like 3rd best in the east though, surprising.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Philly seems like the bulls of last year but without a superstar. Look like 3rd best in the east though, surprising.
    yea.. good coaching and playing team basketball goes a long way... like you said, no superstar though.. its tough to do any postseason damage in this league without one... Hopefully evan turner continues to improve.. where was kevin durrant sitting at #2 for us???

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lakers have the best Center in the NBA

If you watch basketball you realize this, Howard could not touch a healthy Bynum's shoes

PR9

Hope Wade is healthy for Thursday so he can shit all over Kobe the overrated stringbean Bryant yet again, and again and again and again:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=202491

The Heat love beating up on that overrated team and Wade also owns Kobe head-to-head. So they may be keeping wade out of this one tonight to embarrass kobe on thursday. Heat were 2-0 vs Fakers last year and are something like 13-6 ATS in their last 19 matchups (and the Heat have a winning record SU in the last 18 or 19, whatever it is)

I liked this Spurs game a lot a couple of days ago but am a little more reserved knowing Wade is out (i dont care about their record without Wade in the lineup as they were going to pummel the spurs if the Heat were totally healthy) , and LeBron battling a cold (though lebron did play fantastic basketball last year with flu like symptoms).

ps- LeBron also owns the Lakers going something like 10-2 in his last 12 games vs the Fakers. Wade and LeBron love making that team look like the bunch of chumps that they are so the Heat may be looking forward through the spurs game to do it yet again thursday on national TV

enjoy getting your a$$es totally kicked up and down the court on thursday Faker fans

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    PR9 tries to play basketball scout in every thread. Give it a fukin rest. Your a poster on an anonymous gambling forum, you know nothing about the game of basketball, kiddo. Play scout somewhere else. You have 700 posts in 2 weeks, how is that even possible? I'd be willing to wager all of them are you going into threads and saying something about how you know more about basketball then everyone else. Strange, because if you did, you wouldn't be posting about it on an Internet forum.
    ....I see nothing has changed, except you have given up trying to sound smart, still on a power posting surge

If the lakers get howard, O/U how many days until you become a laker fan? 2?

upscope

The only thing worse than a bandwagon fan is a CHeat bandwagon fan. All these guys that were fans of different teams two yrs ago & now slurp off the Big 2.5 Queers are even more annoying than a standard bandwagon fan....
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Lakers have the best Center in the NBA

If you watch basketball you realize this, Howard could not touch a healthy Bynum's shoes
    that is pure nonsense... bynum is definitely #2... but isnt even in the same league as howard defensively or in terms of grabbing every rebound in sight (and please dont bring up 15 games worth of stats to try to prove a point)

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm a Bulls fan, and it's nice to see Bulls fans aren't saying obnoxious shit or trolling in this thread

zsr

The only thing worse than a bandwagon fan is a CHeat bandwagon fan. All these guys that were fans of different teams two yrs ago & now slurp off the Big 2.5 Queers are even more annoying than a standard bandwagon fan....
    Completely agree. How anybody could root for a team full of guys who are too lazy/not dedicated enough to try to win on there own, guys mocking dirk, throwing championship celebrations in the pre season, etc, etc. Is beyond me. What is the appeal in jumping on a bandwagon?
    Last edited by zsr; 01-17-12 at 03:27 PM.

William Walters

Hope Wade is healthy for Thursday so he can shit all over Kobe the overrated stringbean Bryant yet again, and again and again and again:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=202491

The Heat love beating up on that overrated team and Wade also owns Kobe head-to-head. So they may be keeping wade out of this one tonight to embarrass kobe on thursday. Heat were 2-0 vs Fakers last year and are something like 13-6 ATS in their last 19 matchups (and the Heat have a winning record SU in the last 18 or 19, whatever it is)

I liked this Spurs game a lot a couple of days ago but am a little more reserved knowing Wade is out (i dont care about their record without Wade in the lineup as they were going to pummel the spurs if the Heat were totally healthy) , and LeBron battling a cold (though lebron did play fantastic basketball last year with flu like symptoms).

ps- LeBron also owns the Lakers going something like 10-2 in his last 12 games vs the Fakers. Wade and LeBron love making that team look like the bunch of chumps that they are so the Heat may be looking forward through the spurs game to do it yet again thursday on national TV

enjoy getting your a$$es totally kicked up and down the court on thursday Faker fans
    Where are you from you fukkin clown? 45+ posts per day = Kerry

Last edited by William Walters; 01-17-12 at 03:34 PM.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

PR9, LeChoke and Wade= 1ring
    Kobe= 5 rings.

Kobe will go down as the 2nd best player to ever play the game.

End thread.

zsr

Funniest part is, once Miami loses in the playoffs again, they'll all be on another bandwagon

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Every single SBR poster has as many championship rings as LeBron
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

First 123 Last