darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Cool story dlunc....Michael Jordan has missed 26 game winning shots in his career, in the final seconds of a game. I only counted 25 on your list for Kobe. Does that mean Kobe is more clutch?

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Who's Walton?

And who's lebron?
    You won't find either of them being relevant in the finals, during the 4th quarter.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

LeBron 0 for his last 19 w/ his team tied or down 1,2 or 3 w/ under 10 sec to play

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Luke is pretty clutch.

I used to be a caddy @ a golf course in Vegas. Walton came and played with Richard Jeferson one day. I had to cleanup their golf cart, and. Found a film canister filled with about an 8th of hydro. Man that was clutch, b/c I was fresh out that day. Rolled 3 blunts from that, free weed is about as clutch as it gets.

upscope

I think one of the reasons why Kobe gets labled as 'clutch' & LeBron doesn't is because of the difficulties of the shots he takes/makes when the game is on the line?

When the game is on the line & a team has a "game winning shot situation" the entire make-UP of the game changes. It's as if the rules change even. Teams give the ball to their 'star player' & everybody clears out for a little one on one for that player. Defenses clamp down & usually look to double the shooter. Referees swallow the whistle & rarely call a foul electing the game to be decided w/ the players. The entire situation is known & accepted by all parties involved (ie players, coaches, officials, front office, fans). This is why you need a player that can create his own shot for these situations. Kobe generally shakes/bakes & pulls UP for long contested jumpers that have a higher degree of difficulty w/ a lower probability of success. When he does make one it gives the illusion of 'wow' & 'clutch'.
    LeBron on the other hand generally elects to bull his way in for easy lay-UPs (if there is such a thing) that result in a higher probability of success but, when made give the illusion of 'easy' & 'less spectacular'. Therefore when LeBron or anyone else for that matter lays one in for the 'game winner' for some reason it appears 'less clutch'.

A closer look @ Kobe's game winners will show an array of difficult 'spectacular' long range jumpers which adds to the clutch factor IMO??
    A closer look @ LeBron's play-off game winners will show 4 lay-UP's & one jumper ('09 Orlando). This is probably why that shot ('09 Orlando) has been the one that has defined LeBron's (playing) legacy to this point......along w/ the insane performance in Game 5 vs Detroit??

If you were to add UP all game winning opportunities (reg season & playoffs) & go on just jumpshots you will find VERY few makes from LeBron & multiple from Kobe. I don't know nor have the exact #'s/%'s but going by my own personal memory of following LeBron throughout his career in this situation I can tell you this he has not made many game winning jumpshots (compared to kobe @ least) but he has made several running lay-UP game winners (& free-throws due to being fouled). Sure, they both have missed a TON, just like any other player under the same scenario but it's the difficult jumpshots w/ a defender in your face that stand out & seem to get more credibility than the 'easy' lay-UP's??

This is just a theory but if you really think about it it's a credible theory??

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Fisher without thinking twice. Even if he is 57.
    LOL!!!

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

Don't even see Walton on there

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

Don't even see Walton on there

It's such a given they don't even bother putting him on there.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

It's such a given they don't even bother putting him on there.

darkhat

Fisher was reading our thread yesterday..

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Go back and watch the finals.

Lebron statistically is not very clutch, but neither is Kobe.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JameisBrady

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lebron getting closer to game winners in playoff vs all time greats

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

This could have been the worst thread ever created.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    If you had to play 1 quarter, with your life on the line, who would you rather have: Derek Fisher or Lebron James?
    Fisher and Robert Horry are the two most clutch shooters in the playoffs I've seen in the last 20 years. I'm just saying...and I'm a Laker hater, not a lover

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Fail

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Horry without question.

Duncan as well

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Darker buried here.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

best all time has to be horry aka Big shot Rob

JameisBrady
    JameisBrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1490

lmao what a terrible thread. LeGOAT 6 for 10 in the final 5 seconds of the game, Jordan 5 for 11.

There is no need to be upset.

First 12