wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

The end of the Hawks/Raptors game

Anyone see that. I didnt look at a line or a total or anything involved in that game but when I saw what happened in the last 30 seconds it was obvious. Then I went and looked at the lines just now.

Hawks are winning by DD clearly no chance Raptors can win.

Score is 80-90. Tor scores an uncontested shot after they miss an uncontested shot before that. Inbounds Toronto fouls guy makes 1 of 2 91-82. Tor calls time advances the ball. They take a long jumper, miss, no hawks close easy tip. 84-91. Intentional foul 2 made free throws 93-84. 20 sec time out for Tor. Guy drives to the basket uncontested and then kicks it out for about a 20 footer that isnt even close game ends 93-84 right on the numbers. Spread bounced around 10/10.5 with a small segment on 9. Total was 178.5 stuck around 177 most of the time but was 166.5 for quite a while.

Just the way it finished looks like the players were in on it. Obviously people will poo poo that but in a game like that with less than the shot clock to go you arent intentionally fouling or calling time outs to advance the ball then not taking an uncontested lay up for a useless jumper that wasnt even a 3 pointer.

Like I said I watched the end of it on NBA TV without any knowledge of the spread total or second half numbers, and just knew something was fishy the way that games last 30 or so seconds transpired.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is all too common and has become the norm and people don't even second look these activities anymore. If you watch closely the last 90 seconds of most games you will be able to tell what the intention is toward the spread and total. It's not just being played out. They are systematically landing the score where they need it to be with free throws, turnovers and missed shots.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Sometimes these players dont even know the score, they are horrible at math...

You think they can look at the scoreboard and tell how many points they are down? Most of these guys cheated off nerdy kids in their math classes. they dont know shit.

That is why they are all broke after 10 years

Blame the education system guys, not rigged NBA games. Its way more believable

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    Sometimes these players dont even know the score, they are horrible at math...

You think they can look at the scoreboard and tell how many points they are down? Most of these guys cheated off nerdy kids in their math classes. they dont know shit.

That is why they are all broke after 10 years

Blame the education system guys, not rigged NBA games. Its way more believable
    very good point on the math

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's not complex calculus. It's simple mathematics. Even an IQ of below 100 can add and subtract.

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2314

Tim Donaghy already proved the Association is rigged at its core. I still cannot believe how that was casually swept under the rug. No big deal, a ref fixing games and it was an isolated rogue referee, yeah right.

wantitall4moi

I have no doubt refs fix games but I havent seen one this blatant looking in terms of players and coaches before. Toronto called 3 times outs (all they had left) in a 10 point road blow out in the last 49 seconds of a game. They werent even trying to win either. They werent shooting 3s or playing defense, they even let Hawks have a gimme basket before they started intentionally fouling. They also took point blank shots, rather than 3's to at least try and tie, until they hit the number then passed up an easy lay up that they had taken just a few seconds before on the previous possession.

Was it a fix? Who knows. Did it look weird? Most definitely.

In most cases where stuff like this happens there is some desperation or method. Or teams just let the clock run out. If youre making 2 point baskets down 8 with 20 seconds to go why intentionally foul? Just let them run the clock out. I have never seen that before. Then you yourself call a time out and pass up an easy 2 point lay up to kick out for a 20+ foot jumper that doesnt even hit iron it was so obviously bad a shot.

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11338

So let me get this right, since its been discussed on here several times...

NBA players, making millions and millions of dollars towards the end of a game make it so that the final score falls a certain way according to what the spread is...

Give me a break. Somebody within some sort of relative logic explain to me what the incentive for them to do that would be...

And regarding your post Mikail your joking right?

wantitall4moi

Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    So let me get this right, since its been discussed on here several times...

NBA players, making millions and millions of dollars towards the end of a game make it so that the final score falls a certain way according to what the spread is...

Give me a break. Somebody within some sort of relative logic explain to me what the incentive for them to do that would be...

And regarding your post Mikail your joking right?
    They dont do it for the money, 99.9% of gamblers dont do it for the money they do it for the action and the feeling they got over on someone. Money mayweather makes more than any NBA player and he is a complete degenerate. So is Tiger woods, or at least he was a few years ago, I doubt anything has changed.

We also saw just how much money these guys actually have as well, I would say 90% of the players in the NBA live from pay check to paycheck. They dont have to pay agents or lawyers or exwives or child support on their gambling winnings.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    They dont do it for the money, 99.9% of gamblers dont do it for the money they do it for the action and the feeling they got over on someone. Money mayweather makes more than any NBA player and he is a complete degenerate. So is Tiger woods, or at least he was a few years ago, I doubt anything has changed.

We also saw just how much money these guys actually have as well, I would say 90% of the players in the NBA live from pay check to paycheck. They dont have to pay agents or lawyers or exwives or child support on their gambling winnings.
    When was the last time Mayweather took a dive? He may like action, but his ego is as huge as 99.9% of professional athletes. If there is no physical threat or a major financial angle(hard to believe with the money they make) professional athletes are NOT throwing games except on the RAREST of occasion. Now, whether the league has influence over officiating and want to guide games a certain way, that is much more plausible. No offense but all you area 51 cats crack me up.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsPedagogy

wantitall4moi

mayweather doesnt play basketball. He is a guy with a lot of cash, those guys gamble. To think these NBA guys who already have contempt for the league and have shown that contempt recently with the whole lock out mess and in fighting wouldnt bet on games is dumb. I am not saying it is rampant, and a game like this is probably the perfect spot, some shitty game between two teams that no one watches on MLK day.

Where there is money there is greed, when you have control over something that can make you money then it gets taken advantage of. Thats human nature.

Where is BTJ and his sage words of wisdom about how these janitors need more money for mops

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I had over 177, so suffice to say that 33 point 4th quarter pissed me off. At least I didn't lose, I guess.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Careful -- these game-ending sequences are just chalked up to coincidence by a lot of posters here, as if point shaving and fixing has never been proven to happen at the college or NBA level before. I'm sure everything's on the level these days vs., say, a track record that goes back to the peach basket.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

FTR, I was on Toronto and the under. Laughing my ass off at the finish.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

mayweather doesnt play basketball. He is a guy with a lot of cash, those guys gamble. To think these NBA guys who already have contempt for the league and have shown that contempt recently with the whole lock out mess and in fighting wouldnt bet on games is dumb. I am not saying it is rampant, and a game like this is probably the perfect spot, some shitty game between two teams that no one watches on MLK day.

Where there is money there is greed, when you have control over something that can make you money then it gets taken advantage of. Thats human nature.

Where is BTJ and his sage words of wisdom about how these janitors need more money for mops
    Dude, that's why I said when was the last time Mayweather took a dive, not miss a free throw. Your point was these guys throw games for the "action". Their ego's are so huge man, they ain't gonna make themselves look bad for 10 G's......If they were REALLY throwing a game for BIG money, it would be SO hard to keep under wraps man in this day and age with social media. I buy league's imposing certain "wishes" via officiating to a degree, but professional players with the salaries they make and the ego's they have ain't throwing games except on the rarest of occasions.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Yeah, someone's going to risk violating the law and ultimately their freedom for the "action" of knowing they control whether a bet wins or loses.

So let's see, are you saying the players on both teams secretly meet before the game and talk about how it's going to go down. Come on...

In this day and age of TMZ, dumb ass baby mamas looking to make a name for themselves and the overwhelmingly large posses, you don't think if this shit was going on it would come out one way or the other.

Your original post was just so ridiculous and makes people who might have thought you were an intelligent poster think the opposite.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I had under 177 when I was watching all I was thinking was "are you fukkin kidding me"

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Yeah, someone's going to risk violating the law and ultimately their freedom for the "action" of knowing they control whether a bet wins or loses.

So let's see, are you saying the players on both teams secretly meet before the game and talk about how it's going to go down. Come on...

In this day and age of TMZ, dumb ass baby mamas looking to make a name for themselves and the overwhelmingly large posses, you don't think if this shit was going on it would come out one way or the other.

Your original post was just so ridiculous and makes people who might have thought you were an intelligent poster think the opposite.
    Are you saying point shaving and the like has never happened in the NBA before?

betplom
    maniac
    betplom's Avatar Become A Pro!

The end of the Sacramento Kings/ Toronto Raptors game was worse, Toronto coach had his players fouling to the last few seconds of the game. I think they scored like 30 points in the last three minutes with all the fouls, cost me my under wager.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Its all about the refs and coaches man. They know the #'s.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by betplom View Post
    The end of the Sacramento Kings/ Toronto Raptors game was worse, Toronto coach had his players fouling to the last few seconds of the game. I think they scored like 30 points in the last three minutes with all the fouls, cost me my under wager.
    31 in the last 1:32 if I remember correctly. And no, the game wasn't close.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Are you saying point shaving and the like has never happened in the NBA before?
    No, I'm saying that it's rare and eventually gets exposed. Everyone points to Donaghy as proof of the "fix." Yet, the only reason you know about it is because he was caught.

There's no way you can keep something like that under wraps forever. It gets out one way or another, whether it's irregular betting patters, a drunk story one night to the wrong person, someone's friend or whatever.

It's really pathetic that everytime a game ends at or around the number, people just want to make themselves feel better about their losing bet by crying about the fix. Last night, I lost by three points with the Suns/Spurs over that was on a cashing pace until both teams decided to stop scoring with 4 minutes left. Did I blame the fix? No, because it's not rational to believe guys like Tim Duncan and Steve Nash, intelligent guys who know the ramifications of going to jail for points shaving, are going to do something so stupid.

On rare occasions, there is some underhanded activities. However, those are isolated incidents that eventually come to light. To say otherwise without any proof is irresponsible.

Plus, it's nothing more than a gambler's fallacy that people use to make themselves feel better about losing a bet.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

No, I'm saying that it's rare and eventually gets exposed. Everyone points to Donaghy as proof of the "fix." Yet, the only reason you know about it is because he was caught.

There's no way you can keep something like that under wraps forever. It gets out one way or another, whether it's irregular betting patters, a drunk story one night to the wrong person, someone's friend or whatever.

It's really pathetic that everytime a game ends at or around the number, people just want to make themselves feel better about their losing bet by crying about the fix. Last night, I lost by three points with the Suns/Spurs over that was on a cashing pace until both teams decided to stop scoring with 4 minutes left. Did I blame the fix? No, because it's not rational to believe guys like Tim Duncan and Steve Nash, intelligent guys who know the ramifications of going to jail for points shaving, are going to do something so stupid.

On rare occasions, there is some underhanded activities. However, those are isolated incidents that eventually come to light. To say otherwise without any proof is irresponsible.

Plus, it's nothing more than a gambler's fallacy that people use to make themselves feel better about losing a bet.
    I'm only half serious about this stuff LTA -- mainly, I just do it to get people riled up -- but certain games and the way they play out at the end sure do seem, ummm, bizarre I guess is the word I'd use when compared to what the sides and totals read.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm only half serious about this stuff LTA -- mainly, I just do it to get people riled up -- but certain games and the way they play out at the end sure do seem, ummm, bizarre I guess is the word I'd use when compared to what the sides and totals read.
    I know. I'm not necessarily talking about you.

However, everyone needs to consider the huge sample of games played every season. and the inevitability that a certain percentage of those games are going to end right at the number. The oddsmakers are not dumb guys and have advanced formulas to come up with the spread and totals. It's just a mathematical inevitability that a certain percentage of games out of a season long sample are going to end right at the number, give or take a few points.

The problem is that instead of just thinking of and accepting this mathematical inevitability as the reason for the "shady" result, people automatically resort to the "fix" in order to rationalize their losing bets in their mind.

wantitall4moi

I know. I'm not necessarily talking about you.

However, everyone needs to consider the huge sample of games played every season. and the inevitability that a certain percentage of those games are going to end right at the number. The oddsmakers are not dumb guys and have advanced formulas to come up with the spread and totals. It's just a mathematical inevitability that a certain percentage of games out of a season long sample are going to end right at the number, give or take a few points.

The problem is that instead of just thinking of and accepting this mathematical inevitability as the reason for the "shady" result, people automatically resort to the "fix" in order to rationalize their losing bets in their mind.
    Math is math when the plays and situations are so obviously 'incorrect' that is what makes you notice. 98% of all basketball games fall into a predictable pattern depending on situation. Its when the play down the stretch falls outside those expectations is when people take notice. Especially if it is a string of occurances that happen to land just right.

This isnt flipping a coin or throwing dice. It is even more reliable than a marked deck or loaded dice in its efficiency. People that look at sports and try to apply math are just lost.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

33 total points in the 4th quarter....for me NBA stands for Never Bet Again....I concentrate on soccer and wait for baseball

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

It was a sharp line like most nba games. I had under 177.5 and tor +10.5

KKoz9
    KKoz9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

2nd half Hawks -4.5......ended -4