B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wizards vs Houston

The Wizards flat out SUCK!

But does anyone think that this is the one game that they can cover?

Wiz Schedule:
    @ Chicago (L)
    @ Philly (L)
    Philly (L)

Houston (?)

OKC (?)
    Denver (?)
    Boston (?)
    @ Philly (?)

This is definitely the soft spot of the schedule and it's at home where they've been semi-competitive and it's an early start on the east coast. Houston's won three of their last 4 and the one loss was in OT. Houston's 1-6 on the road compared to 4-1 at home.

Anyone biting?

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

"They're playing too many minutes - we've got to give them more rest, there's no doubt. But while they're getting that rest we've got to be able to maintain leads and expand leads." – Houston Rockets coach Kevin McHale on playing his backcourt of Kyle Lowry and Kevin Martin a combined 180 minutes in back-to-back wins over the weekend. After an off day on Sunday, the Rockets are back at it for a matinee in Washington against the hapless Wizards, so maybe McHale will look to get them more rest. Houston, which has covered the number in five straight is set as a 5.5-point favorite.

Add an early start time on east coast..... This is a sandwich road game in the middle of a 5 game home stand. do these guys even give a shit about this game?

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I'm 3-0 with my WASH bets and I think I'll stop right there.

I would go the extra mile in the past when knowing and riding a team and that's where i got burned (hell it happened last night with DET but thank god they covered the over.. and also happened against Port in san antonio the other night. I was 5-0 on portland bets for the year and went a little overboard with being over confident thinking they'd play like they did in OKC instead of how they played in Phx)

so i think I'll cool it with the Wiz kids, for the meantime. lol

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

You agree this is about as good as a situation that you can be in?

Houston's got a little momentum, 5 game home stand and this game is scheduled in between then right back for 3 more home games. Early abnormal start on east coast time. You're playing the lowly Wizards and your coach mentions they've been playing way too many minutes.

Add this is Washington's worst opponent in 8 games and Houston is puke on the road.
    Last edited by B1AZE; 01-16-12 at 03:27 AM.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

Not saying i'll even bet this lol...

just capping the games and noticed this is probably as good as spot as any....However, it wouldn't shock me to see them win SU with Houston just giving this one away or Houston whooping their ass from start to finish.

PR9

haven't really looked at it in depth as you have as I've been fading them and am studying hard tonight for 5 or 6 other games. But thanks for bringing it to my attention to look at it further.

PR9

haven't really looked at it in depth as you have as I've been fading them and am studying hard tonight for 5 or 6 other games. But thanks for bringing it to my attention to look at it further.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

rockets have been rocking (harhar) because of their improved defense due to Dalembert in the paint, allowing whoever else to guard the 3 pt line better.
    Am I right? Look at the stats for their 3 pt defense? Impressive.

Which leads me to believe they are very tired.
    They've got an early morning game which will probably have 50 fans, mostly the Wizard's old ladies.

They've got a home game tomorrow v. Hornets.

Rockets play good perimeter defense but they're only mediocre FG defense, which leads me to believe Blatche can do all the lazy jump shots he wants and a tired Lowry will not stop a motivated Wall.

I'm taking Wizards (small) with the points. They need this, way more than the Rockets, I think the Zebras will help them out if need be.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

ya, just going down the card.

Been in a funk and trying to get back on track!.

Just can't see Houston and all 1-6 of them on the road being 5.5 point road favorites either.

I certainly don't think they give a shit about this game.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

damn nice write up blaze. i'm leaning wiz too. but with card being plenty big tomorrow, I'll probably lay off just because there are so many other games to play.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

Down to 5 in some spots.

hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

wizzards +3 1st half is easy money. Wizards were down big at the half last two games against the 76ers. This is going to be a close game at halftime. i would not take the rockets -3 (first half favorites) on the road this season.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

This looks like a great spot for Houston to me. They've played a brutal schedule, and now they have a chance to beat the dregs of the NBA (Wash & Det) on consecutive days to climb back to .500. They're 1-6 on the road, but they were dogs of 5+ in each of the 6 losses. The one time they were a road fave (at Char) they covered easily as -3 (won 82-70).

Gambler#1
    Gambler#1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look, it can be very important game for Houston, because if they make an effort here, they probably would win, and every win is important precisely for the reason that they're going to play against strong teams next few days,and probably their chance to win these games is low.A team like Houston did not count on that she will win the best teams in the league,she more like to concentrate on achieving a victory on weaker teams and by this get in to the playoff..

monologue
    monologue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler#1 View Post
    Look, it can be very important game for Houston, because if they make an effort here, they probably would win, and every win is important precisely for the reason that they're going to play against strong teams next few days,and probably their chance to win these games is low.A team like Houston did not count on that she will win the best teams in the league,she more like to concentrate on achieving a victory on weaker teams and by this get in to the playoff..
    haha, not that different to the wizards. They won't face shit team like houston for quite long time as well. okc,den, bos, phi in their next 4 games. Which means if wizards wont make it in this game, big chance they will have at least 8 games losing streak. They want to finish it at 3 tonight

Gambler#1
    Gambler#1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by monologue View Post
    haha, not that different to the wizards. They won't face shit team like houston for quite long time as well. okc,den, bos, phi in their next 4 games. Which means if wizards wont make it in this game, big chance they will have at least 8 games losing streak. They want to finish it at 3 tonight
    Yeah you're right

But what you would prefer,nice team like Rockts or shitttttt team like Wiz

thay like a ******* school team, thay win over Raptors but there is a difference between TOR to HUO