Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am just being sarcastic about Lang. I hope your kidding about not knowing who he is though.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I am just being sarcastic about Lang. I hope your kidding about not knowing who he is though.
    I've heard his name mentioned a bunch of times on here, but I've never found out who he is? I've never seen a username on here with the name Lang. Does he post here in the NBA section? Link me to one of his pages. It's time I find out who the notorious lang is.

punkbhstl
    punkbhstl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Lang is a "handicapper"... Check the service plays forum. People usually post his picks everyday. You'd make more money fading him than following his plays.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I've heard his name mentioned a bunch of times on here, but I've never found out who he is? I've never seen a username on here with the name Lang. Does he post here in the NBA section? Link me to one of his pages. It's time I find out who the notorious lang is.
    yeah he is one of them scam guys who sell picks. A "tout" if you will. Suckers pay money for their opinions on games.

rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Celtics look awful because they are trying to integrate the new guys into different lineups to get everyone comfortable with each other. They have played like shit as a team so far, but they still have a decent amount of talent and obviously lots of experience. The poster who said Bass sucks clearly doesn't watch the Cs, because he has been one of the few bright spots on this team so far.

Wouldn't be surprised if they pull off the big win tonight, then lose the next game or 2. They should find a good rhythm in a couple weeks and be worth tailing then. Right now, I think the veterans show up big tonight and get the upset

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

i have a hard time jumping on a team that already has 80% of the public on them. Both OKC, PHILI, and POR have 80% of the public on their side. My guess is at least 2 of those 3 teams don't cover.
    2 of those favs have covered. OKC next.

Smalo89
    Smalo89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Just wanted to mention the Celtics will be without reserves Keyon Dooling and Chris Wilcox. This means Avery Bradley (Good defense, no ball-handling skills or offensive prowess) will backup rondo. Without Wilcox the frontcourt is limited to KG, JO, Bass, (Steimesma). The first unit may keep the Celtics relevant but I just dont see how the second unit (bradley, pietrus, bass) can compete against (harden, cook, collison). Unless OKC has an abysmal shooting night, they should easily beat the C's.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celti...cs-shootaround

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4245

Reverse trap

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thunder win easy here.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Celtics are too old now and they suck.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston gets so much respect because the Celtics' betting faithful rivals that of the Lakers and a few other pro-sports franchises. As such, the opening line is often suspect, and/or the line movement can be misleading, depending on the situation. Moreso than any other teams, these select few tend to create the image that "they can't lose _ games in a row", and an argument can almost always be made for the "value" in the line.

I'm not sure I understand why this line seems so peculiar to anyone when an 11-2 (7-6 ATS) team comes to down to play a 4-7 (5-6 ATS) team. Road team as a short fave. Makes sense.

Smalo89

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Boston gets so much respect because the Celtics' betting faithful rivals that of the Lakers and a few other pro-sports franchises. As such, the opening line is often suspect, and/or the line movement can be misleading, depending on the situation. Moreso than any other teams, these select few tend to create the image that "they can't lose _ games in a row", and an argument can almost always be made for the "value" in the line.

I'm not sure I understand why this line seems so peculiar to anyone when an 11-2 (7-6 ATS) team comes to down to play a 4-7 (5-6 ATS) team. Road team as a short fave. Makes sense.
    Which side are you leaning suicidekings?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Smalo89 View Post
    Which side are you leaning suicidekings?
    One unit on Thunder -2. This isn't a spot for a big play, but to me there's a definitive "right side"

Smalo89

I've been thinking the same thing. I wanted to jump big on the Thunder since I've made out well fading the Celtics lately. I have -3 at my book now so I might just stay away.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can you go against the Thunder? Unless there's something that happened in the dressing room we don't know about this shouldn't even be close. Thunder by 12.

Call me square but the Thunder are the right play.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2005

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Thunder by 12. Call me square but the Thunder are the right play.
    Isn't it funny how the only people that bitch about squares are the ones losing???
    Points Awarded:

paco gave BigDofBA 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Speedy88

My question is why does Vegas set this line? They purposely wanted and knew that over 75% of the public would play OKC.

WHAT DO THEY KNOW THAT WE DON'T??????

BigDofBA

My question is why does Vegas set this line? They purposely wanted and knew that over 75% of the public would play OKC. WHAT DO THEY KNOW THAT WE DON'T??????
    Maybe they're trying to get you to overthink it.

Boston was +1.5 against the Bulls Friday and they got blown the **** out.

I'm seeing a lot of people on Boston. I seriously doubt that 75% is on OKC. People still think Boston is really good. I think they will struggle to be a play off team.

Speedy88

This game has me too tied up. Obvious play is OKC -2.5, but it seems way too obvious. I usually don't play teasers, but since I only have leans on all my games, I'm going to try this 8 pt teaser:

MIN +1
    BOS +10.5
    DAL +12

CallMeMrOMac
    CallMeMrOMac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

I went heavy on OKC -2.5

We'll see!

BigDofBA

This game has me too tied up. Obvious play is OKC -2.5, but it seems way too obvious. I usually don't play teasers, but since I only have leans on all my games, I'm going to try this 8 pt teaser: MIN +1 BOS +10.5 DAL +12
    Teasers in the NBA are suicide.

CallMeMrOMac

Celtics 0 for last 8 shots... but Westbrook missing wide open layup/jumper/three has the Thunder up only 1.

This game will likely be decided late when the biggest contrast (young vs. old legs) kicks in. I'll take a 30 point halftime lead for OKC tho!

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post

Teasers in the NBA are suicide.
    I know, I probably do about one teaser a week. VERY small wager. Want something to keep me glued to these games. Surprisingly, I've had some good luck, I'm 3-1 on teasers this year.

bradnowell
    bradnowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 181

whoevers bench scores more wins the game

CallMeMrOMac

Thunder up 6, it's clear that if they don't cover, it's because of THEM not Boston.

Oklahoma City makes a LOT of inside cutesy passes... maybe too many.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Puppy's line was Boston +4.5.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeMrOMac View Post
    Thunder up 6, it's clear that if they don't cover, it's because of THEM not Boston.

Oklahoma City makes a LOT of inside cutesy passes... maybe too many.
    agreed. If OKC doesn't win, it will be completely on them. Or more likely because of Westbrooks ball hogging.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

well, if you bet OKC it looks to be a good bet... obviously early but its also obvious OKC came to play

Sbot420
    skeet skeet
    Sbot420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

OKC all day lovin the easy $- 1Q, 1H, and for the gm....fadin okc never a good idea. We r too deep!!! bol

Puppy
    2015 -110
    Puppy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    puppy's line was boston +4.5.
    @ -107

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    well, if you bet OKC it looks to be a good bet... obviously early but its also obvious OKC came to play
    And it's pretty obvious OKC is the much better team. This line should have been OKC -5, and I still think they would cover fairly easily.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    @ -107
    You can't beat it, It was -108 for the last week but this week it was turned to -107, you have done everything to benefit the player. Nothing goes unappreciated! Puppy for Bookmaker of the year!

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I have no stake in the game but i hope Boston wins for the fact they will be easier to gauge over the following weeks. Need them to get this win out of the way

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Well the worst thing that can happen for us is they stop over valuing the Celtics and they take a sharp decline there. A win here prevents that and they will continue to be over valued over the next 2-3 weeks all because they beat OKC

this is good for us

Here's to Ray Ray nailing 5 three's in the 4th and going hog wild

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S

My Goodness the Celtics suck!

First 123 Last