Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

After looking at this game for a while, I've come to this conclusion. The Bulls have Brian Scalabrine who is by far the whitest guy in the NBA. Brian Scalabrine on MLK day does not bode well for the Bulls.

I'll take the Grizzlies!

nbafanatic2012
    nbafanatic2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

ur going with the team that was down by 46 points in their last meeting...which was only a couple weeks ago

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by nbafanatic2012 View Post

ur going with the team that was down by 46 points in their last meeting...which was only a couple weeks ago
    BW doesn't mainly go with a "team", or mere "teams".

If he did, he wouldn't have such an impeccable and flawless record.

Last edited by PR9; 01-16-12 at 05:29 AM.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

nobody likes being embarrassed.

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Watch the Vegas line movement. If you see the lines moving across the board towards the Bulls just before tip-off then the Bulls should win. I've seen that scenario a million times in this type of situation.

On the other hand, if there's little or no Vegas line movement towards the Bulls right before tip-off, the Bulls are probably dead in the water. This comes from years and years of experience with lines/games like this and line movement watching.

For me, I'm thinking it'll be obvious by watching the game if the Bulls bring their A game I can't see them losing.
    Last edited by cleaveland; 01-16-12 at 06:09 AM.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    Watch the Vegas line movement. If you see the lines moving towards the Bulls just before tip-off then the Bulls should win. I've seen that scenario a million times in this type of situation. On the other hand, if there's little or no Vegas line movement towards the Bulls right before tip-off, the Bulls are probably dead in the water. This comes from years and years of experience with lines/games like this and line movement watching. For me, I'm thinking it'll be obvious by watching the game if the Bulls bring their A game I can't see them losing.
    Agreed, I'll be watching the line movement on this one closely. Might be one of those games where the line bounces around a few times and you have to keep a close eye on it.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    Watch the Vegas line movement. If you see the lines moving across the board towards the Bulls just before tip-off then the Bulls should win. I've seen that scenario a million times in this type of situation.

On the other hand, if there's little or no Vegas line movement towards the Bulls right before tip-off, the Bulls are probably dead in the water. This comes from years and years of experience with lines/games like this and line movement watching.

For me, I'm thinking it'll be obvious by watching the game if the Bulls bring their A game I can't see them losing.
    the short port line vs phx didn't move before tipoff.. neither did the short indy line vs det.

both shortened favorites got blown out on the road vs poor teams.. those examples go along perfectly with what you're saying

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    BW doesn't mainly go with a "team", or mere "teams".

If he did, he wouldn't have such an impeccable and flawless record.

I think this line is pretty accurate at -4 on the road because that puts the Bulls at -10 at home. If you think this line is off, what should it be?

Memphis is intriguing in this spot because of the revenge, but its tough to back them in this game. Should be a good one though.
    Last edited by Love The Action; 01-16-12 at 06:33 AM.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

BW = Betting Wizard

the guy who makes these threads.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post
    BW = Betting Wizard

the guy who makes these threads.
    Ohhhh, ok. Thanks.

What is his "impeccable" and "flawless" record?

Love The Action

Bulls just moved to -4.5....Memphis backers should have waited rather than grabbing +4. I suspect this will close at -4.5 or more, assuming we don't get some sharp money on Memphis before tip

PR9

Here's some analysis from a well respected sharp, for those interested:

Grizzlies +4 (-109) to win 45 units

Big play here let's take a look at why I wanna fade the red-hot Bulls. On New Year's Day the Bulls absolutely embarrassed the Grizzlies in Chicago winning 104-64. In that game, the Grizzlies were without point guard Mike Conley so Rose lived in the paint. The Grizzlies also were getting used to playing with Rudy Gay after his injury last year and lost Zach Randolph to injury mid-way through the game. Tomorrow, Conley will play and give Rose fits and make him work for everything. Having Conley in will help the Grizz run their offense. Inside Gasol and Speights can compete with Noah and Boozer and I think Gay has a big game.

The Grizzlies have had a nice schedule of late not having had to play b2b games in the last week. They were looking ahead to this game which is part of the reason why they were so sloppy against the Hornets. The Bulls are in a brutal stretch having played 3 in 3 and tomorrow will be their 8th game in 11 days and being on the road in an early start is gonna be tough on them. The Grizzlies were a 2nd-Round team last year and are very proud. Consider this, last year on Martin Luther King Day the Bulls came into Memphis and beat the Grizz 96-84. The Grizz can get back to .500 with a win and will hungry for revenge on national TV in front of a sold-out crowd. The Grizz were great in the playoffs in front of their raucous crowds and they can handle the pressure of a big game. I can't see the Grizz going without a win here.

PR9

SBG still has bulls -3.5 . They are slow with moving lines. So if anyone likes the bulls i suggest you go there

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

*Looks at thread starter*

*Tails*

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Here's some analysis from a well respected sharp, for those interested:

Grizzlies +4 (-109) to win 45 units

Big play here let's take a look at why I wanna fade the red-hot Bulls. On New Year's Day the Bulls absolutely embarrassed the Grizzlies in Chicago winning 104-64. In that game, the Grizzlies were without point guard Mike Conley so Rose lived in the paint. The Grizzlies also were getting used to playing with Rudy Gay after his injury last year and lost Zach Randolph to injury mid-way through the game. Tomorrow, Conley will play and give Rose fits and make him work for everything. Having Conley in will help the Grizz run their offense. Inside Gasol and Speights can compete with Noah and Boozer and I think Gay has a big game.

The Grizzlies have had a nice schedule of late not having had to play b2b games in the last week. They were looking ahead to this game which is part of the reason why they were so sloppy against the Hornets. The Bulls are in a brutal stretch having played 3 in 3 and tomorrow will be their 8th game in 11 days and being on the road in an early start is gonna be tough on them. The Grizzlies were a 2nd-Round team last year and are very proud. Consider this, last year on Martin Luther King Day the Bulls came into Memphis and beat the Grizz 96-84. The Grizz can get back to .500 with a win and will hungry for revenge on national TV in front of a sold-out crowd. The Grizz were great in the playoffs in front of their raucous crowds and they can handle the pressure of a big game. I can't see the Grizz going without a win here.
    Who is this from? A well-respected "sharp" making a 45x bet!? Sounds more like a tout to me.

I agree though that the motivational angles are squarely in favor of the Grizzlies. They have revenge, are playing at home and seemingly have more on the line. I don't see Conley giving Rose "fits" though. Bottom line is that with Rose on the court, the Bulls have the best and most dynamic player who has the ability to will his team to victory. Memphis doesn't have that. Four points is a lot to get at home. I would not be surprised to see a 3 point Bulls win.

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

It didnt move at my book though. Still -3.5 with 20% juice.

Yezzir

Up to +4.5 on Bet365.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bbhcf View Post
    104-64 And it wasn't even that close.
    I am
    positive the books don't remember this game.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Ohhhh, ok. Thanks.

What is his "impeccable" and "flawless" record?

I don't think he keeps a record LTA, but makes some 'interesting' plays that seem to hit.

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    After looking at this game for a while, I've come to this conclusion. The Bulls have Brian Scalabrine who is by far the whitest guy in the NBA. Brian Scalabrine on MLK day does not bode well for the Bulls. I'll take the Grizzlies!
    Guy spent 20 min. on each side in a tanning bed before tipoff.

nbafanatic2012
    nbafanatic2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Pr9 I read on one of your posts a couple weeks ago that any teams with the lines between 160-175 no matter of plus or minus have been hitting. Well the grizz are at +165

PR9

Hey Pr9 I read on one of your posts a couple weeks ago that any teams with the lines between 160-175 no matter of plus or minus have been hitting. Well the grizz are at +165

so were the warriors last night. I ignored it and went against the grain that time

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Memphis +5 at Bodog....really like this line - might even move to 5.5 before tip-off.

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

D Rose back in Memphis where he recorded his only Triple Double ever last time...

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Sharp books moving towards Memphis now

Yezzir

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    Grizzlies still the pick?

monologue
    monologue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    trying to confuse memphis bettors... damn, im have heavy bet on grizzlies tonight, i've started sweating..

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

All this talk about sharps and squares and line movement is cracking me up. If the Bulls win and cover I'm going to laugh my ass off at all you "sharps".

It seems all a bunch of people on this board do is bet on bad teams when they play good teams.

ToPHeR

They took this game off reduced 5dimes section already....You can still get Bulls -2 on their regular NBA bets...weird..

Eaglequill
    Eaglequill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

At 5 dimes the line for the Bulls game just moved to -2 for the Bulls. It went from -4 to -2 very quickly. A lot of money flowing in on Memphis. I wonder what thats all about? Smells real fishy>

ToPHeR

back up to -2.5

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post

All this talk about sharps and squares and line movement is cracking me up. If the Bulls win and cover I'm going to laugh my ass off at all you "sharps".

It seems all a bunch of people on this board do is bet on bad teams when they play good teams.
    yeah, that's all BW does.

And by my count I'm 9-0 tailing his beautiful ass with all these horrible poor teams against these juggernauts like phx over port, GS over miami, and on and on and on. So if the bulls do win I really dont care with such a record. In fact, I've won so much with him that it makes no difference to me if I send the 5 units to the books for this game, or personally send it via mail to BW's house. The man is already proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. So if this doesn't hit who cares, he'll be hitting 5 more soon enough.

but you can laugh all you want over one game, as i laugh at the end of the season looking at the big picture with total winnings so far into the black as deep into outer space.

you were saying?

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Line drops even though 90 percent of the public is on the Bulls.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I wonder if Rose isn't playing.

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just heard that Rose is out for Chicago. Line came off the board and was put back up with only a 2 point drop???? LOL. Only the NBA.

First 1234 Last