Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK Mafia Leans for 3/1/09..

i guess cocknocker is hungover or somethin, so here is todays thread. what i will do is make the big board a consensus of all of our plays..so please cap games without being influenced by others. newer guys are more then welcome to post, but lets see some work from you before your plays get posted here. a 2-1 ratio of plays from cappers would not make the BB - the plays have to be in agreement by 2-0, 3-1 etc ratio. so there will be adding/deleting of plays thru the day.

*due to phx3nix's popularity with his best bets of the day (and great succes) he's an auto for the big board.

*HT's plays auto make the BB since he is the exclusive hockey capper here.

~BIG BOARD~

over mavs (phx3nix)
    celtics (brandonlaz, solobass, adabarber, ck, dfjay, bcald, peetliu, suckjob)
    celtics 1Q (peterpan, joanapoker, peetliu, ck)
    lakers (dexter, solobass, peterpan, peetliu, suckjob)
    rockets (repski, bcald, peetliu, suckjob, nonsense, dj)
    michigan st (non, solobass)
    pacers (adabrber, wang, lunt, peet)
    Last edited by Dexter; 03-01-09 at 08:59 PM.

showtime2000
    showtime2000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    i guess cocknocker is hungover or somethin, so here is todays thread.

nice dex, i like it...

Dexter
    Update your status

the lakers just dismantled the suns in la last week, and i expect much of the same on sunday with or without nash. the lakers are coming off a su loss in denver, and should be hungry to roll in phx where they are 3-1 ats the last 4 - those 3 wins have come by an avg margin of 13 points.

-lakers (projected line of -3.5 or -6.5 depending on nash)

barackobama
    barackobama's Avatar Become A Pro!

When I first saw the odds. The CLE@ATL+3.5 Line: 189.5. Doesn't this look great for the CAVS. They're the better team, and ATL doesn't seem to have someone to defend Lebron. What do you guys think?

I'd also like to add the the DEN game. DEN@IND+2 Line: 216. IND may have been playing great basketball lately even without Granger and Dunleavy, but DEN looks solid and I'd have to go with this one.

I'd also go with HOU. They'd probably be frustrated because they let a 17 pt lead go to waste when they lost to CHI. Poor minny, HOU would take out all their frustrations on them.

I'm also thinking of going with UTA. They're the hotter team, and GSW Coach Don Nelson would try experimenting with the younger players in their bench.

As usual, I'd also take phx's lean
    Last edited by barackobama; 03-01-09 at 07:47 AM.

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

line: tr@dm 207
    pick: 207 over

Trends:

- The over for Toronto is 19-12 on the road this season.
    - The over for Toronto is 19-13 against above .500 teams this season.
    - The over for Toronto is 19-9 against good offensive teams this season.
    - The over for Dallas is 16-13 at home this season.
    - Head to head, the over is 8-1 since 1996.
    - Head to head, the over is 2-0 in last 3 seasons.

The Mavs have Jason Kidd running the point. Enough said about that. The Raptors on the other hand rid of their back-to-the-basket guy in favor of the athletic ex-"7 seconds or less" player. The total tomorrow is a bit high which gives me good reason to expect both teams to run-n-gun tomorrow.

pho3nix32

the lakers just dismantled the suns in la last week, and i expect much of the same on sunday with or without nash. the lakers are coming off a su loss in denver, and should be hungry to roll in phx where they are 3-1 ats the last 4 - those 3 wins have come by an avg margin of 13 points.

-lakers (projected line of -3.5 or -6.5 depending on nash)
    how about the "over"?

Dexter
    Update your status

back to basics for me pho3-totals are not my game

Dexter
    Update your status

Monday 3/2-

the cavs will be on a btb and their 4th game in 5 nights vs a heat team who was off on sunday. miami has also won 3 of the last 4 su in mia vs the cavs. projected line of +4.

heat (big)

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

we like the pacers today

FORMULA FORTE
    FORMULA FORTE's Avatar Become A Pro!

pickS:

CLE
    DEN
    NOH

LVD09
    LVD09's Avatar Become A Pro!

new here.. just wanted to share my picks

DET +9 With KG still out and Iverson not playing, i expect the pistons to keep it close. 9 points is a lot to give and i still believe the pistons are better than that. Rip also played great as a starter. He was sick of coming off the bench and this is a good chance for him to show it. W

NO -3.5 Last game they had they almost lost to the bucks. Charlie Bell went off and it took Chandler, the guy they almost got rid of to save them. I expect them to be at full throttle at this game from start to end. Playing it close might give Harris another half court shot! L

Then again this is the NBA, expect the unexpected.

playing IND as well as i played CHI yesterday and hoping for another UPSET. W
    Last edited by LVD09; 03-02-09 at 04:45 AM.

pho3nix32

why the pacers? no granger, no dunleavy. im puzzled with this line.

LVD09

Quote Originally Posted by pho3nix32 View Post

another upset? CLE-HOU LAL-DEN HOU-CHI next DEN-IND?

Ludovike
    Ludovike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm leaning towards

New Jersey +4
    Harris vs. Paul. Last meeting in New Orleans Harris had his worst game playing with bruised ribs. Today he will not only be at full strength but dedicated to give the #1 point guard a hell of a fight. Harris is coming off games of 42 & 39 points, helping the 4-games homestand go up to 2-1 after the embarrassing loss to the wizards. Hornets with three wins in a row, but the margin is getting smaller (7 pts against the Kings, 3 pts Pistons, just one point Bucks). Guess they are due for a letdown. Still the Nets are able to manage the playoffs, and with revenge factor I'll take the well prepared homedog and two baskets.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

Usually with a line that looks out of place with a top tier team it usually means go the other way. I think it was Indy/Jax game and the spread was -2 for Indy. 98% of the public was on it and Indy lost SU. Ever since then I have been going the other way.

I was right on those other picks because I rode Denver and Houston in those upsets.

It looks like the books are playing with us by giving these low spreads on these playoff teams.

My picks today are:
    Atl +3.5
    Indy +2
    GS +4.5
    I am going to wait these out because I feel the public pounding the favs in these games.

Leans I may play:
    Hou -5.5
    Dal -6.5
    NJ ML

Any comments are welcomed.
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 03-01-09 at 09:08 AM.

pho3nix32

*due to phx3nix's popularity with his best bets of the day (and great success, he's an auto for the big board.

~BIG BOARD~

over mavs (phx3nix)
    whoaaa dex...i appreciate the compliment but i think my pick should also be part of consensus before included in the BB. there are lots of other great cappers including yourself in the group...
    Last edited by pho3nix32; 03-01-09 at 09:14 AM.

pho3nix32

Quote Originally Posted by AdaBarber View Post
    Usually with a line that looks out of place with a top tier team it usually means go the other way. I think it was Indy/Jax game and the spread was -2 for Indy. 98% of the public was on it and Indy lost SU. Ever since then I have been going the other way.

I was right on those other picks because I rode Denver and Houston in those upsets.

It looks like the books are playing with us by giving these low spreads on these playoff teams.

My picks today are:
    Atl +3.5
    Indy +2
    GS +4.5

Leans I may play:
    Hou -5.5
    Dal -6.5
    NJ ML

Any comments are welcomed.
    IDK guys, but sometimes the public also wins. I guess there is just something i'm missing here. Power ranking favor the Pacers too. Well NO PLAY for me in this game then.

pho3nix32

time to get some snooze...its night time already here...see ya all tomorrow! good luck to everyone!

LVD09

IDK guys, but sometimes the public also wins. I guess there is just something i'm missing here. Power ranking favor the Pacers too. Well NO PLAY for me in this game then.

thats true tho with ORL-PHI, ORL being the heavy favorite and still won the game even with a fishy line. It was one hell of a comeback. Got me shaking throughout the game.

the linesmaker couldve given a higher line with the public still all over DEN. It just smells fishy.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Pho3nix, u are correct with the public being correct. But these are the best teams in basketball with lines that are more than capable of being covered by the favs without question. It isn't that easy and the books know this just like we cappers do. These lines should be much higher.

I am really liking that NJ ML. This game is straight up Harris vs CP3. Anything u can do I can do better is at play here. Harris is on fire and when he is so is his team. Plus they are home. NO is ready to leave Jersey already because of the storm that will be heading their way.

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys I need another book to try out,I use SKYBOOK right now but looking to add another,I need USA freindly and Credit Card FREINDLY,any suggestions

solobass
    las vegas.
    solobass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Michigan State ML -103

MSU is playing for the big ten title more or less, and have only lost 1 true road game this year. the Spartans always load up their pre-coference schedule to be prepared for the big games (like this one) at the end of the year and tournament time. they played NC, Texas, Kansas, while illinois played clemson and missouri. rpi wise, msu is the stiffest challenge all year, and msu already beat them @ home. raymar morgan is back to 100% and the spartan playing rotation will wear illinois down, as illinois really only plays 8 or less in most games. msu's contributing rotation is 11 players. illinois is averaging 56 pts their last 5 games, and msu is averaging 61.2.

solobass
    las vegas.

Yikes, here is one for 3/3

Denver over Detroit (whatever the number is)

Chauncey makes his return to motown and the pistons have their first game back from a 5 game road trip. Also if Sheed gets a tech in today's game at boston (what is the over/under on that!) he sits out the next game automatically.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Come to think of it what does anybody think about Boston. I think this the easiest play on the board. We all agree the AI experiment is a bust. They are not the same without Billups. AI doesn't know how to play team ball. That is why he is no longer in Philly or Denver. He drives the basket and his team is under it and getting in his way. Rip comes off the bench because he can't play with AI. Why run through all the screens and not get the ball when you get open?

The C's just don't stop. KG get's hurt. Oh well. We will just sign Moore for a back up to a back up. We will sign the perennial loser in Marbury. Biggest little move of the year! Steph's best years were with KG. He is happy. He knows his role and he is anxious to show he can play and be a good guy and NY made him a scapegoat because of him being Isaih's guy. Of course he would only do this in Boston. So with Detroit being small up front I can see this lineup at times during the day: Rondo, Marbury, Allen, Pierce, and Davis.

Early blowout! Boston -9 Line should move some with Detroit getting a lot of action.
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 03-01-09 at 09:46 AM.

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytown11 View Post
    Guys I need another book to try out,I use SKYBOOK right now but looking to add another,I need USA freindly and Credit Card FREINDLY,any suggestions
    Oddsmaker.com They don't get a very good rating but I have no problem with them. I get my money sent to me on their debit card. They like to give a lot of free money but I don't use it because they have clauses that are attached to that free money that will nullify your winnings.

solobass
    las vegas.

Today

boston -9

pistons are ending a 5 game road trip and they already have their upset SU victory @ orlando. that little flash they showed there will be gone. the c's can win without KG and adding marbury just means another player the pistons cannot guard, assuming they even try to play defense for a whole game. rondo on stuckey will be interesting and look for rondo to find his shot. pierce on hamilton, let's get real there. sheed will be high and disinterested. points in the paint by the c's will kill detroit today as easy baskets will be abound. i have this capped at a 14 pt celts win.

solobass
    las vegas.

celts just went to -8.5 as i was about to book the play.....

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

solo what book do you use?

solobass
    las vegas.

kobe wants to dominate and his all around game will be on display as he gets his team ready for this one. the suns are without their spiritual leader, and shaq will be solid but a step slow guarding the spanish marshmallow. -4 is a gift here. as much as i enjoy contrarian betting against the public this is the play here.

Lakers -4

solobass
    las vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytown11 View Post
    solo what book do you use?

it starts with a g and ends with a reek. they have been great so far, but brush up on your jafaican accent! payouts i do $35 fedex 3 days tops, tracking number and all.

yah be bookin yah bumberclot!

billcat
    billcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Been awhile fella's, howdy. I happen to be watching the Boston line as well and I can't pull my trigger when I see the edge to Boston, the money on Boston, the odds for Boston and yet the line drops from 9 to 8.5.

Dexter
    Update your status

and guys - please let me know if i missed a consensus play. i should be around the house most of the day doing baseball research, but im sure i'll miss a play or 2.

so far, we have 2 plays that are of course subject to change if others go the opposite way.

solobass
    las vegas.

also parlayed boston ml (-440) and lakers ml (-175) and it returns slightly higher than your typical 11 to 10 -110 play.

BrandonLaz
    Update your status
    BrandonLaz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Boston Celtics -8.5

The Pistons have only covered 3 games in their last 10. For the first time in 8 games they get a win against the Magic and that is supposed to impress us. It really did not the Magic have been playing horrible basketball lately and had to come back from 10 down to beat the 76ers last night. So no I am not impressed at all with the play of the Pistons. The Celtics looked good with the first game having Marbury in the lineup and you know the whole team is going to come out to play hard tonight. Here are some stats to show you just how horrible Detroit has been this season. On Sunday games they have a record of 0-11 ATS, when playing teams with winning records the second half of the season they are 2-9 ATS, and versus teams that average scoring over 99 points per game in the second half of the season they are 1-7 ATS. Boston is a solid team when it comes down to playing basketball in March it is when they are at their best. Over the last 3 seasons they have a nice 22-9 ATS record in March so what better way to start of the month than an easy win against a pitiful Pistons team tonight. That is my two cents on the early game.

billcat
    billcat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by solobass View Post
    Michigan State ML -103

MSU is playing for the big ten title more or less, ... msu is averaging 61.2.

Solo-

I liked your writeup so much that I played it blind.

1234 ... Last