darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    You can have the guy that chokes yr after yr & quits/disappears repeatedly when it matters most. I'll take the guy that has been to the Finals 7x & can cover an entire hand w/ rings until LeBron learns to come through when it matters most he's not even in the debate.
    Exactly the point.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lebron is a stat stuffer but you can't ignore his disappearing act when it matters most. Your not the best player in the league when you continually disappear in big moments.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

@ wantitall4moi

You're no longer credible in this debate. It's pretty obvious you're driven by pure Laker hatred rather than being realistic. Two weeks ago you started a tread claiming the Lakers were a lottery team & predicted they would go 24-42
    You're not even worth the time. I have offered you a bet 3 times now punishing your stupid predictions. Stop making excuse everytime the Lakers lose & either accept the bet or keep quiet.

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Enjoy the movie upscope:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eiPY...feature=relmfu

Get your popcorn ready
    Kobe may no longer be the best player in the game but it won't be LeBron till he shakes his 0-19 streak in game winning situations & actually shows UP & takes his team over the top when it matters most. He couldn't do it w/ 4 all-stars in the starting line-UP in Cle & couldn't do it with 3/5 of Team USA's starting line-UP in Miami.

Guess he just needs more "support" maybe if the Heat can add a few more all-stars then LeBron can be in the discussion??

darkhat

Kobe may no longer be the best player in the game but it won't be LeBron till he shakes his 0-19 streak in game winning situations & actually shows UP & takes his team over the top when it matters most. He couldn't do it w/ 4 all-stars in the starting line-UP in Cle & couldn't do it with 3/5 of Team USA's starting line-UP in Miami.

Guess he just needs more "support" maybe if the Heat can add a few more all-stars then LeBron can be in the discussion??

maybe he just needs a center. Hopefully, D Howard goes to free agency and signs with miami. Maybe that will be enough.

upscope

btw dlunc.....I LOVE how you ragged on the 49'ers & Giants all season prancing around the board telling everybody how horrible they are & have no chance. Yet there they are playing for the NFC Championship

Absolute classic!!!

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    Regardless of percentages, Lebron has no heart and will never carry his team in the 4th the way kobe does. He won't succeed in big games, and big moments.
    comments like this are such garbage... were you saying the same thing about jordan before he won his first title???

Lebron is still younger then jordan was when he won his first ring... if 6 years from now he is still the same guy, then fine... but the kid is still young and has a huge career ahead of him

zsr

maybe he just needs a center. Hopefully, D Howard goes to free agency and signs with miami. Maybe that will be enough.
    He needs Paul and Howard somehow he would still find a way to lose.

btw dlunc.....I LOVE how you ragged on the 49'ers & Giants all season prancing around the board telling everybody how horrible they are & have no chance. Yet there they are playing for the NFC Championship

Absolute classic!!!

darkhat

One of the major weaknesses with Lebron is fear. Kobe has absolutely no fear of failure. He can be shooting 10 percent for the first 3 quarters, but when the game is one the line, he wants the ball. He believes he will win the game. He has no fear of failure.

zsr

Dlunc the Jordan comparisons don't work anymore because Lebron has wade and bosh. He has to win 6 titles I think to end up top 5-6 all time now because his team is so stacked. I still don't understand why he didn't go to new York, he took himself out of the running for top 3 all time because he's playing with 2 all world players. Strange decision.

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    comments like this are such garbage... were you saying the same thing about jordan before he won his first title???

Lebron is still younger then jordan was when he won his first ring... if 6 years from now he is still the same guy, then fine... but the kid is still young and has a huge career ahead of him
    If D Wade and Lebrons band of All_stars get him 8 rings, his legacy is still tarnished. That's why even Jordan hates him, and even Jordan said last season Kobe is better than lebron.

dlunc3

Absolute classic!!!
    And I will continue to rag on them... esp the niners.... that "amazing" d allowed 32 points and brees to pass for 4 tds... luckily the saints were careless with the ball all game. Any good team beats the saints by 20+ last night. Took a last minute td for them to even squeak out a win.

I will give some credit to the giants... though gb was also careless with the ball fumbling 3 times tonight, to go along with 7 drops... they did play well. The have come a long way... but there is no denying that they were a terrible football team most of the season. And you act like they crushed the eagles to the finish line.. pretty sure my statement held true... if vick didnt get hurt, the giants woulda missed the playoffs. If eagles won one more of the 5 games vick was injured for, they made the playoffs at 9-7.. They finished the season hotter then the giants, even beating the giants in ny with vince young either way, giants got hot as well, and snuck into the playoffs over the eagles by one game. I hope they go on to win it all though, and represent the nfc east. Anyone that thinks SF and NYG are the best teams in the nfc are sadly mistaken.. but, unfortunately football is one and done in the playoffs, and as we all know, anything can happen during that one game. So congrats to all the gmen and niners fans

dlunc3

If D Wade and Lebrons band of All_stars get him 8 rings, his legacy is still tarnished. That's why even Jordan hates him, and even Jordan said last season Kobe is better than lebron.
    weird cause pippen said lebron was better then jordan

why is it ok for jordan to win with pippen and rodman, and kobe to win it with shaq, as the 2nd best player on his team, or with pau... but lebron cant have a supporting cast?

zsr

Everyone has had a second guy. Jordan had pippen, Kobe had pau, Shaq won Kobe 3, but Lebron has wade and bosh.

Anyway, were getting carried away with this, Lebron played terrible in the finals and still can't score with the game on the line, shouldn't we let him get 1 as the teams best player before we start the comparisons?

YOUSENKO
    YOUSENKO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

The reason kobe scores so much because he is the only scorer nowadays. LAL can't win a game without kobe scoring 40. He is the point guard and shooter in the team, shows LAL is quite pathetic this year. He takes all the shots and if he scores only 25 Lakers will be losing. No real balance in the team.
    Last edited by YOUSENKO; 01-15-12 at 07:16 PM.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Dlunc the Jordan comparisons don't work anymore because Lebron has wade and bosh. He has to win 6 titles I think to end up top 5-6 all time now because his team is so stacked. I still don't understand why he didn't go to new York, he took himself out of the running for top 3 all time because he's playing with 2 all world players. Strange decision.
    jordan had pippen, rodman and the best 6th man in the league in kukoc along with other solid players.... do you remember what the bulls record was the year jordan retired for baseball??? they were still great... he supporting cast was just as good if not better then lebrons

Jordan obviously is the best ever... but lebron is still young and people hating on him could very well be singing a different tune 5 years from now

darkhat

why is it ok for jordan to win with pippen and rodman, and kobe to win it with shaq, as the 2nd best player on his team, or with pau... but lebron cant have a supporting cast?
    Pippen was always jealous of jordan, and who cares what Pippen's opinion is.. And pippen backpedaled the second he realized 99 percent of the world realized he was just seeking attention and has always been jealous of jordan.

And there's a difference between having rodman and pippen, than having 2 of the top 5 players in the NBA, along with a top whatever you want to call bosh.

dlunc3

Everyone has had a second guy. Jordan had pippen, Kobe had pau, Shaq won Kobe 3, but Lebron has wade and bosh.

Anyway, were getting carried away with this, Lebron played terrible in the finals and still can't score with the game on the line, shouldn't we let him get 1 as the teams best player before we start the comparisons?
    miami would be better with rodman then bosh and pippen was as good as wade... other then those two, the bulls had a better surrounding cast then miami does. They went 55-27 without jordan the year he retired!

zsr

Rodman was never an all star. Wade and bosh are both all stars.

Anyway, like I said above were getting carried away, let him get 1 first.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-15-12 at 07:21 PM.

dlunc3

Im not saying lebron is or ever will be better then jordan...

nor has he had a better career then kobe.. but better believe id bet my whole bankroll that when said and done, lebron will go down as a better player then kobe was

dlunc3

Rodman was never an all star. Wade and bosh are both all stars.

Anyway, like I said above were getting carried away, let him get 1 first.

I'm not sure what the comment on the record means? Miami would be favorites without Lebron as well.
    it does not matter... bosh doesnt fit on that team.. they would be better with rodman playing great d and pulling down 16 rebounds per night

either way, jordans team won 55 games without him... thats a pretty impressive supporting cast..... the cavs went from winning 61 games with lebron, to 19 games without him... that says a lot
    Last edited by dlunc3; 01-15-12 at 07:23 PM.

upscope

Too many excuses. Losers make excuses & blame officials. Winners hang banners~

You're statement doesn't hold true. There is no "almost" in sports. The Eagles played like sh#t when it mattered most & when Vick was healthy. It wasn't till the pressure was off & they were on life support before they started playing well. If Vick remains healthy everything is different. Teams play based on the situation. Do you really think the Cowboys lay down if the game vs the Eagles actually means something??
    The bottom line is the season is 16 games not 4 & remaining healthy plays a role in being the best team. The Giants & 49'ers may not be the two best teams in the NFC but unlike LeBron they actually showed UP when it mattered most. This much is for certain though the Eagles ARE NOT the best team in the NFC!!
    Last edited by upscope; 01-15-12 at 07:23 PM.

upscope

Pippen retracted that statement. The really weird thing is he retracted it after LeBrons yet again Houdini act in last yrs Finals

darkhat

Im not saying lebron is or ever will be better then jordan...

nor has he had a better career then kobe.. but better believe id bet my whole bankroll that when said and done, lebron will go down as a better player then kobe was
    If he didn't go chase down wade trying to form a starting line up for team USA, he would have a chance. He'd still have to somehow have heart and find a way to carry his team when they needed him. He'd have to overcome his fear of failure. Then yes, there is a chance with 6 rings he would be in the discussion with kobe.

zsr

This is all just speculation by you anyway.. Lebron needs to prove he can hit the big shots and not continue to disappear when it matters most. I have a feeling if they get to the finals again wade will just take over in the 4th like he should and not Lebron cost him another one..

dlunc3

Pippen retracted that statement. The really weird thing is he retracted it after LeBrons yet again Houdini act in last yrs Finals
    lebron is 27... how old was jordan when he won his first? give this guy a chance he is still young

dlunc3

If he didn't go chase down wade trying to form a starting line up for team USA, he would have a chance. He'd still have to somehow have heart and find a way to carry his team when they needed him. He'd have to overcome his fear of failure. Then yes, there is a chance with 6 rings he would be in the discussion with kobe.
    what was he supposed to do, stick with his surrounding cast in cleveland with a 19 win team? noone big name player would go there.. why would he stay? kobe was given shaq and pau, and jordan was given a 55 win team even without him.... of course lebron would leave... it would be stupid of him not to

upscope

miami would be better with rodman then bosh and pippen was as good as wade... other then those two, the bulls had a better surrounding cast then miami does. They went 55-27 without jordan the year he retired!
    they were 47-35 not 55-27

dlunc3

This is all just speculation by you anyway.. Lebron needs to prove he can hit the big shots and not continue to disappear when it matters most. I have a feeling if they get to the finals again wade will just take over in the 4th like he should and not Lebron cost him another one..

exactly, he still has a lot to prove... but there has never been a 27 year old with the accomplishments that lebron already has... he has many years ahead of him

dlunc3

they were 47-35 not 55-27
    in the 1993–94 season, the Jordan-less Bulls notched a 55–27 record

the following year, when jordan returned, they only won the 47 games that you speak of

darkhat

what was he supposed to do, stick with his surrounding cast in cleveland with a 19 win team? noone big name player would go there.. why would he stay? kobe was given shaq and pau, and jordan was given a 55 win team even without him.... of course lebron would leave... it would be stupid of him not to
    Pau is a legitimate supporting cast member. He's not that good.. D Wade is not "support," he is "I'm essentially a top 4 player in the NBA and can probably win a title without lebrick." And then there's bosh.

darkhat

Also, the age argument with jordan is always stupid. Jordan came into the league at 21, Lebron has been around since he was a teenager.

upscope

lebron is 27... how old was jordan when he won his first? give this guy a chance he is still young

This is exactly what bugs me about LeBron. This is what I've been hearing for 9 years

He's ONLY 19
    He's ONLY 20
    He's ONLY 21
    He's ONLY 22
    He's ONLY 23
    He's ONLY 24
    He's ONLY 25
    He's ONLY 26
    He's ONLY 27

Bla bla bla......& next yr it will be He's ONLY 28.....You want to be compared to Jordan or even Kobe for that matter @ some point you have to accomplish something. If LeBron goes on to accomplish what Jordan does I will loosen UP on him until then it's a joke & an embarrassment to the game to constantly hear people talk as if he's the best.
    Last edited by upscope; 01-15-12 at 07:37 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Funny seeing the hate for Lebron just ooze out of people. It blinds them. Smh.

darkhat

This is exactly what bugs me about LeBron. This is what I've been hearing for 9 years

He's ONLY 19
    He's ONLY 20
    He's ONLY 21
    He's ONLY 22
    He's ONLY 23
    He's ONLY 24
    He's ONLY 25
    He's ONLY 26
    He's ONLY 27

Bla bla bla......& next yr it will be He's ONLY 28.....You want to be conpared to Jordan or even Kobe for that matter @ some point you have to accomplish something. If leBron goes on to accomplish what Jordan does I will loosen UP on him until then it's a joke & an embarrassment to the game to constantly hear people talk as if he's the best.

First 123456 ... Last