WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Celtics are finished....old

Just said they have failed to reach 80 in 3 of their last 10 games. Their scorers are too old. Scalabrini got biggest cheer from Boston crowd tonight

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Shine up the wheel chairs.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are. So much talent but age takes its toll. I'll be interested in seeing what this organization does to bring some youth to the team.

romecloneout
    romecloneout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 489

team is turrrrrrrible

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

One of worst teams in the NBA

Doc should of left

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Ray Ray could go to Lakers to be Kobe's backup.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

lol at all these threads during the regular season. these games don't mean anything. Boston doesn't show up til the playoffs. It's been that way for years. These guys are not even in shape yet.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

they have some good pieces but they need to make some trades to bring in some youth and add some depth.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    lol at all these threads during the regular season. these games don't mean anything. Boston doesn't show up til the playoffs. It's been that way for years. These guys are not even in shape yet.
    f\*\*k are you talking about dude? It's been just the opposite for years. Boston is the effing king of hot starts to a season. Boston has started:

23-4 in 2010-2011
    20-4 in 2009-2010
    29-3 in 2008-2009

You really don't see the difference between this year's Boston team and the prior few seasons?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Does anybody really believe this? Celtics trademark is not losing for the first couple months. But they can't beat anybody decent early this season.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Who cares? They have zero shot in the eastern conference. Bulls should come through against the Heat this year. Sixers are scary good too.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

the miami heat destroyed their psyche and mojo after that playoff series last year.

they know they have no chance. It's going to an ugly demonstration of a geriatric team aging 5 years in one year

Business3587
    Business3587's Avatar Become A Pro!

Id hate to think that Im the most logical NBA fan in this place. I HATE Boston. I am a die hard Laker. However you idiots fail to realize that (Yes, they are old), but the off season has been nothing but turmoil, meaning no team workouts, no team practices. Which old players need to keep it together and stay on top of their game. Im tired of hearing players are too old, if they were too old they would retire. The only cases of a player being too old is Brett Favre, and Michael Jordan with the Wizards. The Celtics are playing a cramped schedule too by the way. So, before we say this team sucks. Lets try to wait until atleast a month into the season...

Business3587

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    the miami heat destroyed their psyche and mojo after that playoff series last year.

they know they have no chance. It's going to an ugly demonstration of a geriatric team aging 5 years in one year

Way to rep your team. Good win last night against Denver.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I love boston sucking ass

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Business3587 View Post
    Id hate to think that Im the most logical NBA fan in this place. I HATE Boston. I am a die hard Laker. However you idiots fail to realize that (Yes, they are old), but the off season has been nothing but turmoil, meaning no team workouts, no team practices. Which old players need to keep it together and stay on top of their game. Im tired of hearing players are too old, if they were too old they would retire. The only cases of a player being too old is Brett Favre, and Michael Jordan with the Wizards. The Celtics are playing a cramped schedule too by the way. So, before we say this team sucks. Lets try to wait until atleast a month into the season...
    But they're basically the same team/same coach they've had for the past 3+ years. What do they need to practice? They always get out to fast starts for the season. This year is the opposite. Goes way beyond the offseason and schedule. I thought they would fall off more than they would last year. But the time is now. They might squeak a 7 or 8 seed, at best.

Business3587

Possibly, but their definitely NOT finished. That is my argument.

PR9

taken from the stands Game 5 in Miami

Trust me, they KNOW

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Season still young. Too early to start counting decent teams out.

Are the Heat done because they lost 3 in a row?

Most tend to play off of ESPN. Remember, they are there to make up drama and keep you interested. They will down play any team when they are struggling, and praise them when they are winning.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

There only chance is if they sweep up Kenyon Martin and jr smith in march. No chance with there bench the way it is now.

PR9

Way to rep your team. Good win last night against Denver.
    And what is that supposed to mean ?

What does a "regular" season game have to do with the "post" season ?

Were you one of the ones who looked at regular season records to predict a playoff series ?? you know, like the people who claimed that miami was 0-3 in the reg season so that must mean they'd lose in the playoffs to the bulls ?! RESULT = miami wins convincingly in 5. Or how about all the ones who claimed miami was 1-3 in the reg season vs boston ? RESULT = miami whips boston making them look silly in the postseason in 5 games (4-1 again)

NEWSFLASH: as Riley and Spo have stated many times. They don't care much about regular season success. They don't even really game plan for reg season games.l The reg season is only a phase for lineups/rotations/sets/plays etc and preparing for the "post season".

IE- The Heat under Riley were 2-8 against the Nets, Pistons and Mavs combined in the 2006 regular season. Later in the post season however, the Heat beat em all in 6 games or less.

So come again ?? what does a regular season game even mean when it comes to a 2-weeks playoff series when teams really hunker down their game planning ? People always overreact to the regular season.

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

pierce missed the whole training camp , he is out of shape and besides brandon bass they dont have a any good bench players.

zsr

I'd be pissed off at everyone too if I was a heat fan and my team threw a party before the season guaranteeing championships and then got picked apart by Dallas in the finals.

But hey, wait till next year
    Last edited by zsr; 01-14-12 at 01:08 PM.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

And what is that supposed to mean ?

What does a "regular" season game have to do with the "post" season ?

Were you one of the ones who looked at regular season records to predict a playoff series ?? you know, like the people who claimed that miami was 0-3 in the reg season so that must mean they'd lose in the playoffs to the bulls ?! RESULT = miami wins convincingly in 5. Or how about all the ones who claimed miami was 1-3 in the reg season vs boston ? RESULT = miami whips boston making them look silly in the postseason in 5 games (4-1 again)

NEWSFLASH: as Riley and Spo have stated many times. They don't care much about regular season success. They don't even really game plan for reg season games.l The reg season is only a phase for lineups/rotations/sets/plays etc and preparing for the "post season".

IE- The Heat under Riley were 2-8 against the Nets, Pistons and Mavs combined in the 2006 regular season. Later in the post season however, the Heat beat em all in 6 games or less.

So come again ?? what does a regular season game even mean when it comes to a 2-weeks playoff series when teams really hunker down their game planning ? People always overreact to the regular season.
    When Miami plays well and is winning convincingly it proves their the greatest and when they lose then it's "only" the regular season.

zsr

The funniest part is, Miamis problems in the regular season last year are exactly what cost them in the finals.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I'd be pissed off at everyone too if I was a heat fan and my team threw a party before the season then got picked apart by Dallas in the finals. :
    That was just miami's first year together. They have 6. Don't worry, miami will win multiple titles, that much is certain.

Last year the only series I was 50/50 on was the Mavs series. The Heat matched up great against the C's and bulls, neither team had any chance against miami. However, the Mavs were very different. It wasn't about having 2 PG's and with Barea causing problems with his penetrations opening up their offense, and his spark, It wasn't so much about Stevenson's fantastic defense, and the fact that the Mavs finally got a strong inside defensive presence (chandler) next to Dirk.

What MOST concerned me was their outside shooting. Whenever they needed it, whether it was Kidd, Barea, Stevenson, Terry, Dirk etc, they nailed those long distance shots, every time. That was the only way dallas would win that series, i said at the time, and that's exactly what happened .

let's not forget though that the Heat were only one shot away from going up in the series 3-0 (they won games 1 and 3 and if they made one more shot in the 4th of game 2 they would have went up 3-0 and the series would have been over -- that's how close that series was).

with that said I've always liked Dirk and happy he got a ring. Finally they gave him a really good supporting cast

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    When Miami plays well and is winning convincingly it proves their the greatest and when they lose then it's "only" the regular season.
    Sounds like Lakers fans.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

That was just miami's first year together. They have 6. Don't worry, miami will win multiple titles, that much is certain.

Last year the only series I was 50/50 on was the Mavs series. The Heat matched up great against the C's and bulls, neither team had any chance against miami. However, the Mavs were very different. It wasn't about having 2 PG's and with Barea causing problems with his penetrations opening up their offense, and his spark, It wasn't so much about Stevenson's fantastic defense, and the fact that the Mavs finally got a strong inside defensive presence (chandler) next to Dirk.

What MOST concerned me was their outside shooting. Whenever they needed it, whether it was Kidd, Barea, Stevenson, Terry, Dirk etc, they nailed those long distance shots, every time. That was the only way dallas would win that series, i said at the time, and that's exactly what happened .

let's not forget though that the Heat were only one shot away from going up in the series 3-0 (they won games 1 and 3 and if they made one more shot in the 4th of game 2 they would have went up 3-0 and the series would have been over -- that's how close that series was).

with that said I've always liked Dirk and happy he got a ring. Finally they gave him a really good supporting cast
    Well if you say so, crescan.

PR9

Last year you had Haslem playing at just 60% in the playoffs coming back 6 months early from that serious foot injury (that injury he had takes 6 months longer to fully heal).

You also had Mike Miller playing with 2 broken thumbs. Hurting his game greatly.

Those two guys healthy for a playoff run, with the additions of Battier and Norris Cole (MASSIVE upgrade over Mike Bibby who was just putrid )... and no one is beating a healthy Miami team 4 times in a 7-game series this year.

Nobody

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Now they need to get Wade healthy. He should sit out until the end of the All-Star break.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Last year you had Haslem playing at just 60% in the playoffs coming back 6 months early from that serious foot injury (that injury he had takes 6 months longer to fully heal).

You also had Mike Miller playing with 2 broken thumbs.

Those two guys healthy for a playoff run, with the additions of Battier and Norris Cole (MASSIVE upgrade over Mike Bibby who was just putrid )... and no one is beating a healthy Miami team in a 7-game series this year.

Nobody
    No team will be "healthy". You have your excuse right there for when Miami loses.

zsr

Heat bandwagon fans are funny. That much is certain.

Keep running your mouth now, I have a feeling you will disappear in June like heat fans did last year
    Last edited by zsr; 01-14-12 at 01:32 PM.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Vegas is still showing them love with the lines, might be some money to be made.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

No team will be "healthy". You have your excuse right there for when Miami loses.
    people forget the bulls 2nd best player had turf toe and played the worst basketball he's played in his life, and they STILL could of won every game in that series.

I can see it now, well eddy curry was injured and never got in a groove. Wait till next year!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Vegas is still showing them love with the lines, might be some money to be made.
    Vegas has everyone where they want them now. People will start to fade the Heat after this difficult road trip, and get buried. That wouldn't surprise me, that's for certain.

12 Last