ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

Rasheed Wallace is contemplating a comeback to the NBA

Rasheed Wallace is contemplating a comeback to the NBA, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Wallace, who retired after 15 seasons in 2010, has been working out and probing some close league friends about possible destinations to sign for the rest of the season, sources said.

Rasheed Wallace averaged 9.0 points and 4.1 rebounds per game for the Celtics during the 2009-10 season.

At 6-foot-11, Wallace, 37, had been one of the most versatile and talented power forwards of his era. One league source who has talked with Wallace recently describes him as “serious” about a return to the NBA this season. Nevertheless, no teams contacted by Yahoo! Sports reported that they had any contact with Wallace, or his representative.

When reached on Friday, Wallace’s agent, Bill Strickland, would only tell Yahoo! Sports’ Marc Spears: “As a veteran player, [Wallace] knows what it takes to be reinstated.”

Wallace holds appeal for several contending teams, but all wonder about his shape and conditioning after sitting out 18 months. Wallace played 79 regular season games for the Celtics in his final year, but the organization never felt he truly got into playing shape until the playoff run to the NBA Finals in 2010. In a limited role, several GMs told Yahoo! they still believe his scoring and defending ability would probably be better than anyone else available to them.

One NBA GM with potential interest in signing Wallace said, “I’d be worried about his conditioning in a condensed season.”

In his 15 seasons with Washington, Portland, Atlanta, Detroit and Boston, Wallace averaged 14.6 points and 6.7 rebounds.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

good reporting...hope it doesn't happen

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

I dont know why he did not play for the Heat last year, thought this guy would play until he was 40

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Has no money left. Sports players don't know how to handle their funds.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

He's 1 cheap ****. Once me and my boys were sitting next to him and his 2 friends at a TgiFridays bar watching a game. All 3 of there food bill came to like $45 and they were arguing about who owes how much, dude ur a fucken ball player trying to divide a $40 tab amongst ur boys? On top of that , once they left, I asked the bartender how much they tipped her, she laughed and said "nothin, as usual"

**** his ass.

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

He would be a great fit on the Heat. It would just make that team even more entertaining. If they would have picked up Baron Davis then signed Wallace they would been the most entertaining team since the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls, maybe even more so. There's still time for them to add entertaining players.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He could help lot of teams

Maybe Heat

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

He won't be in shape. He wasn't before he retired. Waste of space.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    He won't be in shape. He wasn't before he retired. Waste of space.
    His last game was a game 7 of the NBA finals and he was in the game to the end. That speaks for itself.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

sheed!

let's get him here in milwaukee then the bucks could throw bogut, leuer, and wallace in the same lineup.
    milwaukee would lead the league in blocked shots and nobody would be getting any easy ones

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

If this fukker would have taken care of his body over his career and actually gave a shit, he could have been one of the greatest players of all time, instead all he will be remembered for is his bitching and moaning and leading the league in technical's and being albeit a good player who could have been great. Rot forever Rasheed..

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post

His last game was a game 7 of the NBA finals and he was in the game to the end. That speaks for itself.
    That game 7 was the best shape he was in all season. Is that what you want? Someone is out of shape the whole season and when the chips are down he shows up for one damn game. If he were in shape it would not have been a game 7. Boston would have finished the Lakers off in Boston.

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    That game 7 was the best shape he was in all season. Is that what you want? Someone is out of shape the whole season and when the chips are down he shows up for one damn game. If he were in shape it would not have been a game 7. Boston would have finished the Lakers off in Boston.
    What you're saying reminded me of this article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...7&sportCat=nba

It was so funny I still remember it all this time later. Let me know if it makes you laugh.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

The heat need all the help they can get.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Hope he comes back. Wanna see more dance moves...

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by cleaveland View Post
    All that means is he was better than Brian Scalabrine Perkins was hurt.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Is he well aware of the rules in the NBA? If he comes back to the NBA, that means he has to stop smoking weed.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    He's 1 cheap ****. Once me and my boys were sitting next to him and his 2 friends at a TgiFridays bar watching a game. All 3 of there food bill came to like $45 and they were arguing about who owes how much, dude ur a fucken ball player trying to divide a $40 tab amongst ur boys? On top of that , once they left, I asked the bartender how much they tipped her, she laughed and said "nothin, as usual"

**** his ass.
    Apparently he's so damn cheap if he wasnt almost 7 feet tall and ppl recognized him for playing bball you'd think he was homeless going by how he dresses and carries himself outside of ball games. T-Shirts with holes and stains and nasty old flannel