No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Blazers +1.5 Friday

Like Portland to go into SA and get a statement road win against the depleted Spurs. I think the Blazers are one of the top two teams in the West this year and this will be a chance for them to prove they can hang with the big boys away from the Rose Garden. Already own a win at OKC and I think they get another one here. Aldridge, Wallace and Matthews all present real matchup problems for SA.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I'm feelin it.

I'm not a believer in the spurs without manu

only question is if Portland comes to play or not. Friday nights in SA aren't easy games for the visitor

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Tempted also to fade the T'Wolves as a road fave at New Orleans. Hornies are bad, but who is Minnesota to be favored on the road vs. anyone?

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Love the Blazers. They are better than the Spurs plus we get a bucket worth of insurance.

Sign me up.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minny favored on the road is questionable to me.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Tempted also to fade the T'Wolves as a road fave at New Orleans. Hornies are bad, but who is Minnesota to be favored on the road vs. anyone?
    Hornets outplayed OKC the other night the only difference was OKC was nailing 3's and NO couldn't make one to save their lives, they just couldn't fukkin buy a 3 in the 2nd half

SoxSide Irish
    SoxSide Irish's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spurs will really want this one. Portland is a tough team to figure out away from home. I say let it get to a pick and take spurs

br33ze
    br33ze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Just remember what happened to Portland when they went into Phoenix last week....They were the favorite's and got blown out of the water. Portland is not the same away from the Rose Garden, and the Spurs are much, much better at home. Just saying, proceed with caution!

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

I bet the Over.

GL

Jahfiyah
    Jahfiyah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Portland has been playing a lot better than expected this year. The chemistry of this team has looked far greater than of years past. Aldridge will get his in this game, the only question mark I see is Gerald Wallace. Wallace has played lights out in the Rose Garden, but has disappeared in a couple games this season on the road (0 pts. @LAC, 1 pt. @PHX). Despite that interesting stat, I still see Portland pulling out the W. I believe Portland is deeper and overall the better team with the better weapons.Aldridge, Camby, Wallace, and Batum will play good defense and control the boards which will be a huge factor in this game. Portland cannot allow 2nd chance points to a smart and crafty team like the spurs.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Quote Originally Posted by br33ze View Post
    Just remember what happened to Portland when they went into Phoenix last week....They were the favorite's and got blown out of the water. Portland is not the same away from the Rose Garden, and the Spurs are much, much better at home. Just saying, proceed with caution!

Portland was on a back to back vs Phoenix. Got into Phoenix at 5 in the morning after beating the Lakers the night before. Lets not get carried away about Portland not the same team from the rose garden. Beating Oklahoma City away was a pretty nice win by the way.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Blazers are the better team right now. Friday night home angle scares me a little

PR9

yup.it was a nice win @ OKC, and the score wasn't indicative of how they really dominated OKC in that 2nd half. And I think they win tomorrow in SA. Though hawley makes a good point on the Fri night angle. The spurs are not easy to beat in this spot.. rested and at home on a fri night.

lose on road @ LAC, then respond to that loss with an impressive win on road @ OKC 2 nights later, then lose on road @ PHX (after impressive home win), lost last night at home for the 1st time in a nailbiter to ORL off a b2b (after impressive home win), and I think they're due to take it in SA tomorrow on the road. They're developing a pattern, and knowing them they will view this SA game closer to how they viewed the OKC game rather than the Phx one.

But of course we have the line mvmt issue. So have to see the lines tomorrow.

if most of the bet % is on SA and the line stays at -1.5 without moving then go Portland.

if the line moves like it did for the Grizz today when it started at -1, -2, -3, then -4 and ultimately -4.5... then bet Spurs

of course there could be a middle ground but that's where good intuitive capping comes in.

chefko
    chefko's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive that feeling that portland is mighly motivated against the high Prestige teams as okc, chi, mia, .....and SAS as well.

ginobli is exactly the one missing who could decide such close games in favor of sas

BaLLcappin99
    BaLLcappin99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yet again, PR9 completely releasing all his bowels through his mouth onto another thread without even making a pick. Oh, how convienient!

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by BaLLcappin99 View Post
    Yet again, PR9 completely releasing all his bowels through his mouth onto another thread without even making a pick. Oh, how convienient!
    chill man, he i just giving his outlook for tomorrows game. Who said he has to chose a side, he's just giving some perspectives on the matchup.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

Surprised that the total is dropping.

I capped that total at 203. hmmmm

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Two ways to approach. 1. Spurs only -1.5 at home never happens gotta take them no matter what theory. 2. Spurs at home only -1.5 free money take the opposite theory. It's one or the other.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    Two ways to approach. 1. Spurs only -1.5 at home never happens gotta take them no matter what theory. 2. Spurs at home only -1.5 free money take the opposite theory. It's one or the other.
    This is sound advice. Im leaning towards taking either SAS or Portland here at 1.5.

BetRanger
    BetRanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Spurs usually only lose a couple of games at home per season. They are a very strong home team. I'm surely going with the Spurs here.

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

Quote Originally Posted by B1AZE View Post
    This is sound advice. Im leaning towards taking either SAS or Portland here at 1.5.
    LOL, I was going to reply something similar....

"If I flip this coin there is the theory that 50% of the time it will land heads, so maybe I'll take heads. But then there is also the theory that 50% of the time is lands tails, so maybe Ill take tails."

PR9

Portland 5-2 (ATS) Vs SA (Last 3 seasons)

Portland 6-1 Vs SA last 3 seasons

And this Portland team looks like a more cohesive unit than previous years. Plus no Manu for SA this time around,

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Adding (as leans):

Raptors +5.5
    Nuggets +3.5

dynamite140
    dynamite140's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 38349

As usual. No Coin putting his leans and clutters more space. Then at the end, he will complain how he would have went 3-0 on his leans but didn't play it. Of course he won't mention his leans at the end had it went 0-3.

You said all you were going to do was talk in one thread. Yet you create more useless threads everyday.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Leaning South Florida, Penn and Illinois State in hoops.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Leaning South Florida, Penn and Illinois State in hoops.
    I'm really liking So Fla with that fishy line.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

big RLM in CHarlotte Detroit game tonight. CATS-4.5 to -3 with 70% on Charlotte.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I like Portland tonight as well. The line should be flipped.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Spurs are getting tired. Almost lost to Houston and the Rockets didnt even play that well. Too bad whole sbr likes portland.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Portland will respond well after that loss to the Magic

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Spurs FTW. With rest this team is not joke @home.

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

kawhi leonard on SA has been a BEAST proceed with caution...i like spurs at home

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

love the blazers here, was going to make a thread about them myself but saw this one from no coin...some additional info:

portland has won 3 straight and 9 of the last 11 meetings
    has won 3 of its last 4 in san antonio

only thing scaring me is that SA is undefeated at home this year, that being said, they are bound to lose at home and portland is just the better team here no way around it...especially without manu...aldridge and mathews are beasts and really no one can match up with them very wel on SA...duncan is not even close to as good as he once was...

trailblazers ML

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Game going back and forth. But, crappy 3rd quarter killed the over.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by ksnooksk View Post
    Game going back and forth. But, crappy 3rd quarter killed the over.
    seriously. this game was on pace to fly over. now it doesn't look like it. i'm done betting totals, i've never been good with totals, and this is another case where I can't win a total for my life.

12 Last