t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Big time game from Rudy Gay tonight

Grizzlies needed this from him. With no Randolph, Rudy needs to lead this team and be able to take over games. He's extremely talented and has all the tools to be a great player but what he really needed was some confidence. Tonight's game will be huge for him going forward and could help propel the Grizz back into the discussion for contenders in the West.

Note: I know the Knicks don't play much defense but regardless, tonight was all about building confidence.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

O.J. Mayo should step up too.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

at reggie miller for saying Rudy Gay should play 3rd fiddle to both Zbo and Gasol. I agree that the team should run through Zbo, but I don't think Gay comes after Gasol. Gasol is a solid center, probably one of the better centers in the NBA, but no way does Rudy Gay play second fiddle to Marc Gasol.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Gay will never be able to put up these numbers consistently. He's another Danny Granger/ Iguodala type

I agree Rudy is very talented and should be a very good fit in Memphis.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Gay will never be able to put up these numbers consistently.

He's another Danny Granger/ Iguodala type I agree Rudy is very talented and should be a very good fit in Memphis.
    wrong.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Gay will never be able to put up these numbers consistently. He's another Danny Granger/ Iguodala type I agree Rudy is very talented and should be a very good fit in Memphis.
    What do you mean? Gay has averaged 19 points or more a game since his rookie year. And Granger has been averaging between 20-25ppg the past 4 years. 4 years in a row is "consistent" in my opinion.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

who cares how many points per game you average? It's all about how efficiently you average them. John Lucas put up 25/8/8 the other day but it took him 31 shots to do it.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    What do you mean? Gay has averaged 19 points or more a game since his rookie year. And Granger has been averaging between 20-25ppg the past 4 years. 4 years in a row is "consistent" in my opinion.
    Gay had 18 points at halftime, he doesn't shoot 80% and score like this every night, just saying