loungee
    loungee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3396

Record as of 2/15/12
    ATS Record: 49-49-1 (+2.00 Units) (50%)
    O/U Record: 49-42-3 (+30.00 Units) (54%)
    ML Record: 1-1-0 (0.00 Units) (50%)
    Overall Record: 99-92-4 (+32.0 Units) (52%)

Absolutely brutal night last night. I could not buy a win if I even tried, but it's time to bounce back tonight, with a large slate of games. There was quite a few plays I liked, but I'm going to limit them to 3-4 plays, at least at first. Let's try and get that record back up to 58%-59% range. Today is looking like a dog type of day, as well as a "fade the public" type of day. Today very well may be the day the public gets buried. Good luck to everyone.

PHI +3 (1U) LOSS
    PHI has had a tough go as of late, going 2-2 in their last 4 games SU, and 1-3 ATS, while ORL has been playing well of late going 3-1 in their last 4 both SU and ATS. Both of these teams are coming in rested, so that is a wash. However, in close games (spreads of 3 or less) they are 4-1 this year, with 3 of those coming on the road. In conference, they are 13-6 ATS, while going 10-5 in conference in their last 15 games. This is going to be a tough game, but given the inconsistency of ORL and PHI having both top 5 offense and defense, I'm taking the points with PHI

DET +9.5 (2U) WIN
    I am loving this game for so many reasons. Obviously, the negative part is DET is coming off a B2B and BOS is rested. DET has covered 6 of their last 7 (winning 4 of those SU). BOS, on the other hand, has been 3-4 ATS in their last 7, and haven't been that great ATS this year for a reason: they are an older team, and they are not going to expend a ton of energy trying to blow teams out this year; they're getting ready for the playoffs. DET hasn't been good as double 9 point or worse dogs this year (1-6), but have been playing exceptionally well lately, due in part to them being finally healthy. This is also a revenge spot for DET (albet the loss was early in the season), but this team is motivated and ready to play. I think BOS winning by double digit is going to be too difficult, given their age and the toll this shortened season is taking on all teams, especially the older ones (LAL, DAL, BOS). Even if this gets out of hand for whatever reason, DET can easily backdoor cover, given that BOS will let up on the gas pedal and rest their starters. Lastly, let's not forget that BOS is more than likely looking ahead to tomorrow night with their rematch against CHI.

TOR +7 (1U) PUSH
    TOR is coming off an absolutely brutal loss at home last night against the Knicks and Linsanity's last second three. TOR has covered 4 of their last 5 home games, while SAS has covered 5 of their last 7 away games. SAS are an older team, and it showed in their last game against DET by giving up a big lead and failing to cover ultimately. This is also SAS's 5th straight road game, while this is TOR's 5th straight home game. SA isn't looking to come in and blow TOR out.. just looking to win, while TOR is going to try and bounce back after said bad loss last night. The reason for this thinking is that after this game, SAS get two days off before hitting the road in a big game against LAC. TOR, on the other hand, has CHA and DET on the horizon, and this game they will be coming out and giving SA everything they have to straight up win this. I just think a 7 points spread is too much for SA to cover on the road, especially on a back to back.

SAC +6.5 (1U) LOSS
    I am loving the fact the NYK have become such a public bet nowadays, what with the Linsanity running wild. This just means better odds for those that are still fading the Knicks. First of all, both are on a B2B, so that part of the equation is a wash, as well as they both traveled last night. Both of these teams have been on quite a roll lately, ATS at least, with NYK getting most of the attention for obvious reasons. NY is 8-1 in their last 9 games ATS, while SAC is also 8-1 in their last 9 ATS. NY was on a roll with their two superstars out, covering 8 straight, but as soon as Amare came back, he disrupted the flow and feel NY was having, and they did not manage to cover against TOR. SAC has a lot of good, young pieces, and have proven recently that they can hang with just about anyone. They've covered against CHI, OKC, UT, POR, SAS and IND, all since mid Jan. They're a young, good, up and coming team like OKC was a few years ago (although not as good of pieces). NY is getting overvalued here because of Lin and the amazing play he has displayed recently, but as Amare and Melo come back, the chemistry will continue to get disrupted. Neither team is impressive away or home, respectively, but I think this spread is just way to high given the way SAC has been playing lately, and especially given the way they have been able to score almost at will (averaging over 100 points a game the last 6 games). One of the most overlooked reasons for the turnaround in SAC's play is the return of Marcus Thornton, who has been one of their top players since returning. I expect a close game, almost mirror to the NYK/TOR game from last night.

OKC -3 (1U) LOSS
    Sigh.. this is the one public play of the night but this just seems like the right play for so many reasons. WARNING: This year, when I bet with OKC, they don't cover and win I bet against them, they cover. So, perhaps, it is best to fade me in this spot, just to forwarn you. Anyways, both teams have been exceptionally good ATS this year, with OKC 16-12 and HOU 16-13, with the away/home records being pretty evenly matched. Both are playing good lately, with OKC being 4-1 ATS their last 5 and HOU being 3-2 in their last 5. The one thing that worries about me with this play is OKC has already beaten them twice this year, so there is a define revenge factor here. But given that they are both on a B2B and OKC was able to rest their starters last night in the blowout win against UT, I'm taking OKC tonight.
    Last edited by loungee; 02-15-12 at 09:22 PM.

loungee

Adding:
    ATL -1.5 (1U) WIN
    Last edited by loungee; 02-15-12 at 10:29 PM.

loungee

gsw -5 (1u) LOSS
    wsh/lac o198.5 (2u) LOSS
    Last edited by loungee; 02-16-12 at 04:29 PM.

loungee

ATS Record: 51-53-2 (+1.00 Units) (49%)
    O/U Record: 49-43-3 (+28.00 Units) (53%)

Overall Record: 100-96-5 (+29.0 Units) (51%)

Well, after a couple of days off after about 4-5 days of just brutal hits, it is time to get back on it and improve the record to where it once was.

PHI -1.5 (1U)
    No time for a full writeup but I like PHI in this spot for a couple of reasons. For one, they have lost three in a row SU while MEM is on a B2B so why is this line only -1.5? For one, PHI has struggled recently as previously stated, dropping the line as faith has been lost a bit in PHI. But that's fine. This is the type of game PHI can seize control of early with their defense, and keep the pressure on MEM with their jump shooting. Despite Brand being out and MEM having a far superior interior offense with Gasol, PHI has proved this year (perhaps not of late) that they play well as a team unit, and will be able to go into MEM and win by 5.

jincka
    jincka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1028

where you been man?????

loungee

Well I decided to take a bit of time off after hitting a cold streak and wanted to wait a couple of data after the all star break to jump back into things. But time to get back at it tonight. Picks will be coming soon.

loungee

ATS Record: 51-54-2 (0.00 Units) (49%)
    O/U Record: 49-43-3 (+28.00 Units) (53%)

Overall Record: 100-97-5 (+28.0 Units) (51%)

Alright, well after some time off in order to regroup and, well, just take a break after quite a cold streak, it is time to get these picks rolling with some winners tonight.

MIA -5 (1U)
    I doubt I can say much here that everyone doesn't already know but I'll give it a shot: MIA is the hottest team in the league since being blown out by ORL on 2/8, in both the SU sense and ATS, covering 8 of their last 9 (winning all 9). MIA has also been blowing out everyone (didn't know that?) and I mean everyone, from playoff teams (ORL, IND, NYK, ATL) to scrubs (WSH, CLE, SAC). There is no real reason to bet against this MIA team until they actually come back down to earth. No overthinking here, even though I hate being on the public side. The line is set at -5, which means the books are esentially telling us this UT is just as good as POR, which I don't buy. You can go up and down each roster and POR is better. So why the similiar lines? Maybe trying to trap the sharps of the world. Fact is, UT just hasn't been playing good lately, onnly covering 3 of their last 8, and some against bad teams (MIN, NOH, SAC). Even though MIA is coming off a B2B, UT is coming off a big, blowout-revenge victory against HOU and I just don't see them keeping pace with MIA, not to mention D. Harris and P. Millsap are on the injury report but will play (which tells me they may not be 100% tonight)
    UPDATE: As most probably know, Lebron is listed on the injury report as questionable, injuring his wrist on a dunk last night. However, he said he should be able to go. Without him, Heat will be without Bosh and James which could be troubling. However, without him, I really like the bench to step up.

MEM -3.5 (1U)
    TOR has been surprisingly good ATS, both as of late (covering 3 straight, and 6 of their last 8) and overall for the year (20-14). However, 2 of their last 3 covered games have come against the worst teams in the league (DET and NOH), and failing to cover against CHA. MEM, however, has been on a mini-roll themselves, winning, and covering, their last two by double digits against two of the top 8(ish) teams in the league in DAL and PHI. Both teams are coming in rested, and in these spots, I like to take the better team, for obvious reasons. The one part that scares me a little is that MEM seems to get up very well against good/great teams (going 7-4 in their last 11 ATS against playoff teams including SU wins against DAL, PHI, ATL, DEN, IND) but seem to play down to their competition constantly, going 1-4 in their last 5 against sub .500 teams after starting the season 6-2 against sub .500 teams (given todays standings). However, I see enough value in this game to roll with the Grizz to win by 4.

CHA TT U91 (2U)
    I don't like betting anything CHA, weather its with them or against them, but one bet that has been pretty safe for me all year is their team total under, being 3-0 (I think) so far. And now they're getting 91? Against a good defensive team? A team coached by Pops? At SAS? I'll take this all day, especially considering SAS just lost a tough game against CHI at home. They are going to come out and give CHA all sorts of problems, both offensively and defensively. They may not be the defensive team they once were, but CHA, is in fact, REAL BAD.. quite possibly the worst team I can ever remember seeing play. SAS bench is actually pretty good, so I don't expect a lot of garbage time points from CHA. In fact, I don't expect them to reach 80.

That is all for now. I have a few other leans but not ready to make a play quite yet. GL all.
    Last edited by loungee; 03-02-12 at 06:20 PM.

loungee

NJN +6 (1U)
    BOS can't cover against anyone, weather they are a playoff team, above .500, sub .500 or a high school basketball team. They're not playing to blow anyone out.. they're looking to win, make the playoffs without any injuries and try and make a run. Ray Allen will not be playing tonight either, and he's really the only really good player left on that team aside from Paul Pierce, not to mention they haven't covered a game since Feb 12th (0-7 ATS) and haven't covered well in a little over a month, going 3-13 ATS since Jan. 29th. On the other side, NJN have been playing decently as of late (for Nets standards I guess), covering 4 of their last 6 and are actually pretty decent on the road as well (12-8). Despite being on the injury list, Williams and Humphries will play and they are getting Farmar back on the bench tonight. Given the circumstances, I'm taking the Nets, but only for 1 unit as I don't like taking road dogs very often or for very big. Good luck.

loungee

Lac -2.5 (1u)

loungee

Rough day yesterday but im liking today pick:
    IND -5.5 (2U)
    IND is a defense oriented team who seems to have been playing better of late (granted the all star break just happened). NOH is strong on D and just came off a huge win against DAL. But that is exactly why to fade them. I don't have time for a complete writeup but I think IND D with their average O handles NOH. Don't be zuprised if NOH keeps it close the first 3 quarters.. az usual.

loungee

Not a lot of time for writeups but there are two plays:

CHI -3.5 (1U), CHI/PHI, U180.5 (1U)
    These are both top 5 defenses in just about every category possible (opp. PPG, shooting %, etc.) and I expect this to be a slow moving, methodical-type of game, where CHI where run their half-court offense and force PHI to run theirs. It's one of those primetime, grind it out type of games, where CHI comes out on top and wins this by 6. Not a lot of value with the spread but I'm taking a shot with it because Rose has proven over the years that he gets up either against top PG's (which PHI does not have) or for primetime games (see LAL at Christmas Day, first game at BOS, against MIA, despite losing). I like both these plays for a 1 unit play.

loungee

Quote Originally Posted by loungee View Post
    Not a lot of time for writeups but there are two plays:

CHI -3.5 (1U), CHI/PHI, U180.5 (1U)
    These are both top 5 defenses in just about every category possible (opp. PPG, shooting %, etc.) and I expect this to be a slow moving, methodical-type of game, where CHI where run their half-court offense and force PHI to run theirs. It's one of those primetime, grind it out type of games, where CHI comes out on top and wins this by 6. Not a lot of value with the spread but I'm taking a shot with it because Rose has proven over the years that he gets up either against top PG's (which PHI does not have) or for primetime games (see LAL at Christmas Day, first game at BOS, against MIA, despite losing). I like both these plays for a 1 unit play.
    Updated Record:
    ATS Record: 52-59-2 (-2.00 Units) (47%)
    O/U Record: 50-43-3 (+30.00 Units) (54%)
    Overall Record: 102-102-5 (+28.0 Units) (50%)

loungee

CHI-7 (2U)

No time for a writeup. Revenge game, Rose is hungry and u expect this to be a double digit win.

loungee

Record at the start of the day of 3/6/12
    ATS Record: 54-59-2 (+1.00 Units) (48%)
    O/U Record: 50-44-3 (+29.00 Units) (54%)
    Overall Record: 104-103-5 (+30.0 Units) (50%)

HOU/BOS O188 (1U)
    WIN
    Coming out of the ASB, BOS played a solid defensive game against CLE (albeit it was CLE but improving), only giving up 83 points. Since then? They have given up an average of a little over 100 points per game in three games against the likes of MIL, NJN and NYK (ranked 12th, 23rd and 12th respectively in PPG). They've also been scoring at an un-Boston like pace, averaging 108 points per game. On top of that, all three of those games were at home, where they typically play better defense then on the road, but lately, they just haven't been able to. HOU is 10th in the league in points per game, although almost 5 points lower on the road then at home. HOU has a nice inside game with Scola, as well as jump shooters like Martin (a little cold as of late), Lowry, and Budinger, who like to run a fast paced game. Given BOS recent offensive surge and defensive struggles up against a fast, offensive minded team, I like the over here.
    Last edited by loungee; 03-06-12 at 09:57 PM.

loungee

Record at the start of the day of 3/6/12
    ATS Record: 54-59-2 (+1.00 Units) (48%)
    O/U Record: 50-44-3 (+29.00 Units) (54%)
    Overall Record: 104-103-5 (+30.0 Units) (50%)

HOU/BOS O188 (1U)
    WIN
    Coming out of the ASB, BOS played a solid defensive game against CLE (albeit it was CLE but improving), only giving up 83 points. Since then? They have given up an average of a little over 100 points per game in three games against the likes of MIL, NJN and NYK (ranked 12th, 23rd and 12th respectively in PPG). They've also been scoring at an un-Boston like pace, averaging 108 points per game. On top of that, all three of those games were at home, where they typically play better defense then on the road, but lately, they just haven't been able to. HOU is 10th in the league in points per game, although almost 5 points lower on the road then at home. HOU has a nice inside game with Scola, as well as jump shooters like Martin (a little cold as of late), Lowry, and Budinger, who like to run a fast paced game. Given BOS recent offensive surge and defensive struggles up against a fast, offensive minded team, I like the over here.
    Well, after a rough first day back after about a week and a half absence, I think we're back on track, going 4-1 (+5.00 units) in the last 4 days. Hoping to continue this into tomorrow. Hope everyone had a profitable night.

loungee

ATS Record: 54-59-2 (+1.00 Units)
    O/U Record: 51-44-3 (+30.00 Units)
    ML Record: 1-1-0 (0.00 Units)
    Overall Record: 105-103-5 (+31.0 Units)

Plays for 3/7/12
    MIA TT O100 (2U)
    ATL is on a B2B, first of all, and last night was a big road win where they just weren't supposed to win without their two stars. The fact is that they have tired legs from the tough game last night, haven't been playing defense very well as of late and are going up against the number 3 scoring offense in the league. This will (should) be a shootout, with MIA scoring at least 105 points. BOL.

loungee

sac +2 (1u) WIN
    Last edited by loungee; 03-10-12 at 12:08 PM.

loungee

ATS Record: 55-59-2 (+2.00 Units)
    O/U Record: 51-45-3 (+29.00 Units)

Overall Record: 106-104-5 (+31.0 Units)

Have been getting things going as of late, and there are quite a few I'm liking tonight. However, I'd like to keep it to a 2-3 play type of day. I'll be posting a little later. Best of luck everyone.

loungee

O/U Record: 51-45-3 (+29.00 Units)

Overall Record: 106-104-5 (+31.0 Units)

Have been getting things going as of late, and there are quite a few I'm liking tonight. However, I'd like to keep it to a 2-3 play type of day. I'll be posting a little later. Best of luck everyone.
    No plays last night because I ended up getting swamped with family obligations but plays on the way tonight. Should end up being a 2-4 play type of day.

loungee

BOS/LAL U180 (1U) LOSS
    Both of these teams have been scoring well as of late, with BOS going over 5 of their last 6 and LAL going over 4 of their last 6. But when these two teams play each other, you can normally throw out recent trends and statistical angles. When these two teams play each other, it is hardly ever a run-and-gun type of game but a slow moving, methodical game where each team is interested in playing half-court offense then running the other team out of the gym. Both of these teams are top 6 in defensive scoring allowed, top 10 in DEFF, top three in opp. shooting %, top 4 in opp. eFG%, top 5 in opp. 2 point shooting %, and top 4 in opp. true shooting %. These teams are defensive minded teams, and given the slow pace the game is expected to be at, I don't see either team eclipsing 90 points.

MEM/DEN O199.5 (2U)
    As DEN has been getting healthier and playing more as a team, they are getting back to their old form: fast-paced offense. They've alternated over/under in their last 7 games, going 4-3, however. DEN, at home, averages 102.5 PPG (4th in the league), and over their last 5 home games, have averaged 106.2 PPG. On the defensive side, they play little to no defense (28th in the league at 101.3 PPG), which is to no suprise to anyone. On the MEM side of the play, it looks pretty good. Despite MEM struggling to score on the road for the season (26th at 90.3 PPG), they have averaged 100.2 PPG in their last 5 road games, and given they are on a B2B (defensive effort won't be tremendous) and DEN doesn't play defense at all, I like the over here. Lastly, the referee assignments are mostly neutral, with a slight lean to the over: Brothers is 14-19 overall (2-8 on numbers between 195-204.5), Buchert is 14-11 overall (6-2 on numbers between 195-204.5) and Mott is 18-14 overall (5-5 on numbers between 195-204.5). With all this being said, I am going to take the over.

I'll have a few more plays later but those writeups may not be as indepth due to the fact I will be on the go the rest of the day. Best of luck.
    Last edited by loungee; 03-11-12 at 07:02 PM.

loungee

mem +6 +(1u)

loungee

I apologize for the mixup, as I did not update the units part of my record correctly. So far, we are up $3,000 for the year, which is pretty good. But the goal for the year is $5,000 so let's hope we can get these last two for the night. Best of luck. I'm already eyeing a few winners for tomorrow.

O/U Record: 51-45-3 (+28.00 Units)

Overall Record: 106-104-5 (+30.0 Units)

loungee

MIA -4 (1U)
    To start off, let's get the negative out of the way: ORL has been playing good as of late, winning 4 of their last 5 and covering three of those, including a win at CHI and a blowout of IND. This is also the same building where ORL blew MIA out by 13 last time. MIA has a big, nationally televised game tomorrow night against one of the best in the league and, basically, their rival and only competition in the East so they could be looking ahead. So why take MIA? It's a classic revenge game, where they got embrassed in ORL last time, and they want to build momentum going into the CHI game. I don't have time for the statistical aspect right now as I am at work but that, and more plays will be added later. BOL
    Last edited by loungee; 03-13-12 at 07:47 PM.

loungee

MIA -4 (1U)
    To start off, let's get the negative out of the way: ORL has been playing good call as of late, winning 4 of their las 5 and coveringthree of those, including a win at CHI and a blowout of IND. This is also the same building where ORL blew MIA out by 13 last time. MIA has a big, nationally televised game tomorrow night against one of the best in the league and, basically, their right al and only competition in the East so they could be looking ahead. So why take MIA? It'd a classic revenge game, where they got embrassed in ORL last time, and they want to build momentum going into the CHI game. I don't ha e time for the statistical aspectright now as jam at work butthat, and more plays will be added later. BOL
    Updated Record as of 3/13
    ATS Record: 56-59-2 (+3.00 Units)
    O/U Record: 51-47-3 (+25.00 Units)
    Overall Record: 107-106-5 (+28.0 Units)

IND -3.5 (1U) WIN
    I will save some time by not going into too much detail about how bad POR is on the road because, well, I think any intelligent capper/gambler already knows that. POR has slowly been slipping as of recent, falling further and further in the standings with each embrassing loss (They're 2-5 in their last 7, and in those 5 losses they lost by an average of 13). The last time they covered the spread on the road was 2/11 against DAL and the last time they won an actual road game was against one of the worst teams in the league, NOH, the night before. They're 2-5, both ATS and SU, in their last 7 games against current playoff teams. To say they struggle on the road is an understatement. IND, however, is far from steller ATS at home. In fact, they're a couple of percentage points at home (.375) better then POR is on the road (.350). IND has struggled themselves, recently, going 0-4 SU and 1-3 ATS, all against top 4-5 seeded East teams (covering against MIA). They're last SU win and cover against a playoff team was 2/3 against DAL so they haven't exactly been playing top notch ball. But I like them in this spot for a couple of reasons. First, as stated before, its against POR and POR is on the road. Secondly, IND is a very good team, potentially a top 4 seed in the East (which isn't saying much in a 2 team race) but they play very well together despite lacking a superstar. They come into this game on a 4 game skid and the best way to snap that is against a struggling, bad road team who are starting to look more like sellers then buyers as the trade deadline approaches. With rumors swirling around Crawford being traded and POR all but giving up on the season with the soon-to-be dismantled team, IND is the right play here. They are hungry for a win, play well together, are well coached and have the right chemistry to win this game by 6-10 points.

ATL +5 (1U)
    ATL has been covering quite well lately, even without their two stars Horford and Johnson. They have covered 5 of their last 6 and against better teams then DEN like MIA, OKC and IND (ok.. that may be questionable), and their last 4 games have been on the road, where they covered 3 of them. Despite their recent play, overall this year ATS, ATL has been above-average on the road at 12-10-1. DEN, on the otherhand, has struggled recently trying to intergrate their injured players coming back. After covering against POR, HOU and SAS consecutively, they've only covered 1 in their last 4 games, in which, they failed to cover against the likes of SAC and CLE, and only covering by a basket against NOH. On the road (9-13) this year, they've been no where near the covering machine they are when they are at home (15-5). With both teams coming in on one days rest (and both playing their 4th in 7), I'll take ATL and the points in this situation.
    Last edited by loungee; 03-13-12 at 08:28 PM.

loungee

I was thinking about making a play on the GSW/SAC game, but with GSW just trading away Ellis for Bogut, I'm a bit hesitant now. The play would've been the over but I'll monitor this a bit more.

loungee

GSW/SAC O205 (1U)
    I don't have all the resources to give a full writeup right now, so I'll just keep it basic. Even with the news of Ellis being traded roughly an hour before gametime, I still like this play. Both teams are very uptempo, high-pace teams and with Ellis gone, Curry does not have to worry about Ellis getting his 20-25 shots per game (although I doubt he really was before). SAC is a young, run-and-gun team who, like GSW, plays little to no real team defense. I see both teams easily eclipsing 100+ points with the formula of no defense and high tempo offense.

loungee

Rough night of capping the other night but after Wednesday night and tonight, I've learned a few things:

1.) Fade the Blazers and Lakers on the road
    I don't think either of these need much explanation.

2.) Rarely play unders
    I don't have the exact stat in front of me, but since the all star breaks, offenses seem to be clicking more, scoring more, etc. I know I've been burned by quite a few understand I've taken. It seems like if one or both offenses arrived inept, then it will have a better chance of going under. Top defenses will not hit unders (i.e. CHI V. MIA, IND V. PHI)

3.) Stop playing CHA

I've noticed a lot of players and some "sharps"and playing CHA recently because they've got healthy. Come on. They're still one of the worst teams in history, healthy or not. They've covered once recently off the top of my head.. don't ocerthink it.

First ... 4567