SaffaCappa
    SaffaCappa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

Are the Knicks -4 the play for the 76ers?

76ers on b2b2b @ Knicks Wednesday night.

Knicks on a 3 game win streak and rested while 76ers on the road. 76ers have been immense this season but is this a let down spot or am I completely off?

I fancy the Knicks -4. Good or bad play?

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

Capping that as we speak, i really liking the play but something is gotta be up. maybe i might buy it down to 3.5 and jump on it.

BaLLcappin99
    BaLLcappin99's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can an underdog ever be in a letdown spot? When you arrive to the answer of that question I shall await your rebuttle!

SaffaCappa

Ok. Underdog cant be in a letdown spot. Fair comment.
    Do the 76ers cover though? Or even win the game?

Knicks beat them 117-103 last time in NY and Stoudemire had a monster of a game!

Im leaning Knicks -4

BaLLcappin99

Rest has never been an issue for the Sixers as far as I've known them. What interests me more is the strength of each team and the home court advantage. The knicks were a team that could rebound from losing streaks when they originally formed with Amare, felton, and Chandler/Gallo (they were there first obv). But, ever since Carmello joined they just lose all the time and the bench is exponentially worse too. I think the public might be split on this game through sportsinsights of a distribution around : 62/38 (NYK/PHI). Last time PHI played them @ NY, they were +5.5, and now that they're +4 without rest on a b2b is quite telling. NYK has no bench, and believe me when NY bench has to be subbed in that's going to be when the game gets out of control for NYK, or when PHI makes a comeback if they're behind. I don't like the Knicks to have a field day at all vs the sixers D, and I honestly think this is a really bad spot for the knicks considering how every good team that goes to The Garden absolutely lights it up. Lean is PHI +4 for now, but I may not even play it just b/c it's only 4 points and it might get backdoored by Melo in the 4th if it's a tight game.

SaffaCappa

Thanks for the insight BaLLcappin99

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Carmelo might be ruining the chemistry but Amare is just awful.

If you've watched a Knicks game, you know it's a run-and-gun offense, but one of their top scorers can't score. I'm too lazy to look up the stats, but I think Amare is shooting 50% or less.
    It only seems they win against mediocre teams with heavy home cooking.

Until I see better stats, I'm staying away from a side, but I'm loving the OVER 197 for a small bet.

BaLLcappin99

Over is not a good bet vs the sixers imo

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

on a b2b2b I can see the 76ers looking to slow it down to avoid getting into a running game with the Knicks.

bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

HAHA Phila will just fukk up this team with their defence and that's it.. Iggy will lock up Melo, but I expect more from Amare this time. They cover and win SU!

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

b2b2b game for sixers, but these are at home b2b2b- so resting is not an issue for this young sixers, like someone said above the Knicks has no bench & no PG, Brand & Hawes will be a good match up against Stoudemire & tyson. I think the sixers will pull an easy upset at MSG,
    it will be a defensive game overall & under is another good choice as well. good luck

kobstopa
    kobstopa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3520

Quote Originally Posted by bureK View Post
    HAHA Phila will just fukk up this team with their defence and that's it.. Iggy will lock up Melo, but I expect more from Amare this time. They cover and win SU!
    right on

Future24
    Future24's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minnesota was the first team to lose the 3rd game of a b2b2b. Teams are 6-1.

Also last i checked 6ers were first in defensive efficiency.

Also Knicks are 0-5 ATS at home.

ballsyman
    ballsyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

ALERT!!! HOLLYWOOD@PHILLY also picked the Knicks-4.....You might want to think about this play

SaffaCappa

Quote Originally Posted by ballsyman View Post
    ALERT!!! HOLLYWOOD@PHILLY also picked the Knicks-4.....You might want to think about this play
    Noted!!!

76ers the clear play then

larry040681
    larry040681's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3323

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    on a b2b2b I can see the 76ers looking to slow it down to avoid getting into a running game with the Knicks.
    It's too early to say that philly will slow the game tom.. on a b2b2b game, they still have fresh legs and might play hard on NYK tom.. its just two and a half weeks since the season began.. seeing it as 100+ points for each team...

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Quote Originally Posted by SaffaCappa View Post
    Noted!!!

76ers the clear play then
    Pfew! Am I glad I played Philly.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

alert!!! Hollywood@philly also picked the knicks-4.....you might want to think about this play
    Go Sixers !!!!!

rnunez91
    rnunez91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4981

they beat charlotte by 4 and wash by 3... pretty pathetic

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I like the OVER much better....these teams should be able to put up 200pts

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

That is not even 50% of a Lang fade. Bottom line you play or fade with fire unless you fade Lang. It's not funny or a joke, it is fact. Do not lead faders in the wrong direction please.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

If i'm going to play this game i'm going with Sixers ML. TONS of value there imo. I dislike NYK but its not my reason for this pick. I know NY has plenty of talent and these guys like to show up vs big teams in big games. Buuuuutttt, despite the talent, NYs record speaks for itself. It was borderline 500 last season after the Melo trade and this year they really have no impressive wins over anyone good teams. Boston is the best team they beat and Boston has fallen off hard this year.

Sixers on the other hand and clicking. Dont see b2b being an issues and going from Philly to MSG isn't much of a road trip, they can take the bus if they wanted.

NY has a tendency to play UP (or DOWN) to the competition, Sixers are a good team so i think Knicks will come with their A game. That does not mean they will win though. I look at games like these as a 50/50 game and if you're giving me one of the teams at +160 it looks very tempting.

kl06ty
    kl06ty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spencer Hawes is a game time decision, Im going to wait on the status

million2one
    million2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 404

I agree that Spencer Hawes will make a big difference has been most improved player so far.
    Sixers are a young team and the other thing to consider is that they blew out Sacramento last night and were able to rest most of their guys in the second half of the game. Sixers are for real and should beat NY. Sixers ML all day.

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

knicks won the last games with shumpert starting. toney douglas is not a point guard, knicks offense is much better without douglas. looks like hawes is not playing, i take the rested knicks

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

This is hard bet for me since I bet against 76ers last 3 games.... Now do I take them or fade them again?

anoraxx
    anoraxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Philly are as good as their record says, I think they are about to regress to the mean where they should be.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah i'm staying away. There are just better games to pick from. But I think if you do go with a side, I'd probably go with the 76ers just because they have been money ATS, and the Knicks have not been. But at the same time, I think the line seems a bit high, and IMO, it seems as if Vegas wants people to jump on 76ers +4, but what do i know. Either way, I'll pass on this one and just root for the 76ers to beat the Knicks.