t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Statement game for the Grizzlies tonight

No Zach Randolph. Already lost at home by 3 to the Thunder a couple weeks ago. We all know about the 7 game series in the playoffs last year.

Memphis is going to be the hungrier team tonight. We're still early but with the shortened season they really can't afford to continue to drop more games below .500. This Grizzlies team is still among the deepest in the league and I am confident that other players will step up in Randolph's absence. Rudy Gay is showing some good signs after a slow start but he doesn't need to carry the load. Guys like Mayo and Allen will play an important role tonight. I expect Memphis to get off to a fast start and not look back tonight.

Grizzlies +3 -108 (4x)

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

I like the pick, looking a lot like the Mavs game a week ago or so, except Mavs didn't have their star player out. Still, I think Grizz should win this by about 8 IMO.

larry040681
    larry040681's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3323

this is really hard.. we can't ignore the fact of what KD is doing for OKC.. it's ok to wait to bet on MEM on a better position rather than facing a good team...

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Public is all over OKC yet the line is still -3...how has this line not moves to -4 atleast...weird

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Public is all over OKC yet the line is still -3...how has this line not moves to -4 atleast...weird
    Yes. Very interesting indeed.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by larry040681 View Post
    this is really hard.. we can't ignore the fact of what KD is doing for OKC.. it's ok to wait to bet on MEM on a better position rather than facing a good team...
    Memphis knows how to be physical with KD.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Hard to see them beating an elite team in the West without Z-Bo. If they didn't have Gay instead, it would've been a whole new monster.

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

I think OKC is gonna pull it off at the end. Unless the line gets to 5/5.5 I'll pass.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

line says grizz but match up wise I can't take grizz without z-bo

BetRanger
    BetRanger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Grizzlies have not beaten a playoff team this season yet. Can't see them winning today either, especially OKC being so hungry.

larry040681
    larry040681's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3323

the way this season is going, 3 or 4 games straight is still not an issue... too early..

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

I had this game circled and been watching the grizzlies play because it would have been a really nice spot for a bigger wager imo(based on the line of course). they do play tough at home, revenge factor is big here and of course you could talk about the "missing star" trap. But the grizzlies are a completely different team now. Based on what i seen them, with Rudy gay inserted back into the starting line up, the team now play more of a dribble drive team. Before they use to always go in the post and work off Z-Bo and Gasol. That is what made them a really solid squad last year. With Rudy gay back in the line up, he tends to control the ball alot and put up alot of questionable shots. He does have the ability to explode and have a great game. But im wondering if the injury has effected him. I would have played Grizzlies in the spot, but based on what i seen on the court i dont know if i could pull the trigger.

OKC looks like such a hungry team, winning 8 of 10, losing a game in dallas and then on b2b vs Portland. It was their 7th game in 10 days against Portland(their 5th) 8. Tough spot to bet against OKC since they have a two game road trip and this could be a spot where they play their best and look past a weaker NO team.

Which is why i am going to lay off the game and probably bet NO tomorrow. Good luck tho, never wanna see people lose money. Just my 2 cents.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    line says grizz but match up wise I can't take grizz without z-bo
    Not really bro. They were +1 on the last game and I'm sure Z-Bo is worth a couple of points so it's the same as last game.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

WTF is going on here.

OKC getting 90% of the bets as of an hour ago the last time i checked.

Line not moving at all, all day long... except

we have a RLM at some places as greek and others have moved the line to -2.5

And in other places they are heavily juicing Memphis to make OKC look like a nice wet juicy irresistible steak (IE: Mem -113, OKC -102) ???

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Not really bro. They were +1 on the last game and I'm sure Z-Bo is worth a couple of points so it's the same as last game.
    Should of said line movement.

Durant torched the grizz down the stretch last game. Without Randolph gay is going to need to have a big game

Pauulzcappin

I think Memphis can cover/win. Just really hard to bet it matchup wise.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

me should have won te first time. too many wide open misses by that clown gay

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

The line is saying one thing but hard to bet against okc with a day off yesterday. Love betting against them on b2b when teams are gunning for them like HOU recently and Portland after OKC played the night before.

with that said, this is OKCs 4th game in 5 days. but a day off yesterday.. hmm

though memphis is more rested as they were off for 2 of the last 3 days, and off for 3 of the last 5 days.. plus memphis is off tomorrow while OKC plays at NO. Three wins in a row now for OKC coming into this one (covering 2 that were both blowouts)

really leaning: Grizz after looking at this more today

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    me should have won te first time. too many wide open misses by that clown gay
    Goat says Rudy Gay is a superstar in this league

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Small play on Grizz. Hard to beat a team in their own house twice within a month. OKC plays tomorrow, Memphis doesn't. I think Memphis wins SU. But I'm going small, because betting against OKC can be unhealthy sometimes.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

He is just not a 3pt shooter

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Let me know what small forward puts up 20 and 10 boards on average at the end of the season. He will be the only one to do it. Make sure you save your knee-jerk statements when the playoffs start and Memphis is winning because of rudy's all around game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Let me know what small forward puts up 20 and 10 boards on average at the end of the season. He will be the only one to do it. Make sure you save your knee-jerk statements when the playoffs start and Memphis is winning because of rudy's all around game.
    Rudy's a stat guy right now. Nothing else. His numbers aren't helping the team; they weren't even before Z-Bo went down.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Rudy Gay is a really good player, but without him the Grizz didn't fall off at all, if anything they may have played better without him.

Dude is one of my favorite guys to watch live. Had really good seats for a Lakers game and got to see him live, and the dude can just jump over everyone.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Rudy's a stat guy right now. Nothing else. His numbers aren't helping the team; they weren't even before Z-Bo went down.
    Zbo can't play defense but he is a great o player. This is basically a new memphis team w/o him and they need to adjust to gay. He's there best player and its not even a debate. All that matters is the playoffs where Memphis will sneak it guaranteed. These 1 game regular season games don't mean anything to me. Give me a 6'10 Rudy Gay in a 7 game series any day, that can defend multiple positions and create plays off the dribble.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    no.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    no.
    keep looking at your 8 game sample. thanks.

t-wizzle

Obviously Gay is the better player but the team plays better with Randolph. Basketball is all about players and their roles and matchups. You know that.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Obviously Gay is the better player but the team plays better with Randolph. Basketball is all about players and their roles and matchups. You know that.
    I do think GM's right long-term re: Gay, but right now, they're worse off with him in the lineup.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

I do think GM's right long-term re: Gay, but right now, they're worse off with him in the lineup.
    Randolph is at a stage in his career where he can't afford knee injuries.

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

I don't know why but this thread gave me some confidence in memphis so I've already made 115€ by in-play hedging
    thank you and I hope that the grizzlies can get the W

t-wizzle

Gonna need a strong second half effort. Thunder won't back down.

Kadinni

Gonna be close, and this is a team you dont want it to be close against because they shoot FTs very well. See how rudy changes this team? They gotta keep feeding Gasol.

And rudy gay is 6'7''/6'8''TOPs not 6'10" lol

t-wizzle

Rolled the dice. Lost.

Kadinni

Could be a team to fade in games to come. Esp as road favs.