ballsyman
    ballsyman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ballysman's NBA Picks for 1/6 with write ups

TOP PLAYS
    4 UNIT PLAY
    POWER ANGLE PLAY
    Atlanta/ Charlotte Over 186.5: WINNER Both teams should be a bit tired as they enter this game as the Hawks are off a triple OT game last night, while the Bobcats have played 6 games in 10 days, but i feel it will hurt the defenses more than the offenses. I feel te tired legs could lead to a lot of easy baskets. It does take more energy to play defense than offense. The Hawks haven't that many problems scoring this year as they are 10th, putting up 97 ppg and they should really find plenty of holes in a Charlotte team that is 30th in points allowed (107.5 ppg) and 28th in FG% defense (48.3%). The Bobcats don't defense the three ball that well either as they are 27th in that category, allowing teams to hit 41.5 of their long range shots and the Hawks like the three ball as they are 12th in the league from behind the arc (36.9%). The Charlotte offense is a faced paced offense this year and while the struggled to score in the early part they have picked it up of late, averaging 106 ppg in their last three games. Thos last 3 games for the Bobcats have averaged 221 ppg. Atlanta is tough on defense, but I don't expect them to have the legs to stop Charlotte too much in this one. With two tired teams I see little defense in this one. POWER ANGLE FOR THIS PLAY-- Play Over in a game where the total is between 180 and 189.5 points and a team (Charlotte) is off a huge upset win as an underdog of 10 points or more and they are playing 6 or more games in 10 days. This play is 28-4 since 1996.

3 UNIT PLAYS
    Chicago +1 over ORLANDO: WINNER Chicago is on a nice run and tonight a healthy Derek Rose will certainly help them. The Bulls have done it at both ends of the floor this year as they have put up 97.1 ppg on 45.75 shooting, including a solid 38.2% from long range. Chicago did struggle vs Atlanta (76 points), but in their other 4 games during their 5 game win streak they did average 106.3 ppg. This is a very balanced offense, as they have 6 players that average at least 8.4 ppg, with the leader being last years league MVP Derek Rose (20.9 ppg). Rose, though, banged his left elbow on the floor after a drive to the basket late in the fourth quarter vs Detroit. He stayed in the game but had the elbow wrapped afterward, and told reporters an X-ray was negative and he should be 100% for this game. Orlando has put up 95.7 ppg (15th), but haven't played a team with this good a defense just yet. The defenses are even at 1-2 in the league, but Chicago get a solid edge on offense and even though they have struggled in this building they will find a way to get a big road win here.
    BOSTON -6 over Indiana:LOSER The Pacers are off to a fine start at 4-2 and they are 2-2 on the road, but just 1-2 on this trip and their last won was a 35 point loss to the Heat. I don't feel they are ready to tangle with the big boys just yet. The Celtic got off to a slow start this year, but have since righted the ship to go 4-0 in their last 4 games. They have outscored their last 4 opponents by 11.5 ppg and they have won all 3 of their home games by at least 8 points. Overall the defenses are about even, but on the road the Pacers have allowed 98.2 ppg, while Boston allows just 83.2 ppg at home. Boston is very hot right now and I just don't see Indiana scoring enough points to keep this one close. Indiana is 3-8 ATS the last 11 in this series and I don't see them improving on that tonight.

5 POINT TEASER--- Philadelphia 5 & Golden State +15.5 winner

OTHER PLAYS
    2 UNIT PLAYS
    Portland -2 over PHOENIX:LOSER PORTLAND is 16-3 ATS in road games versus poor passing teams, averaging <=20 assists/game over the last 3 seasons and 28-13 ATS when playing on back-to-back days over the last 3 seasons.

5 POINT TEASER--- Charlotte +6.5 & Boston/ Under 192 WINNER

1 UNIT PLAYS
    Minnesota/ Cleveland Under 198.5 WINNER

CHARLOTTE +1.5 over Atlanta
    LOSER

BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE

I also cap at PG under jeff scott sports, like it here better
    Last edited by ballsyman; 01-07-12 at 09:48 AM.

ballsyman

Overall my record since joining is 8-4 +7.8 units won....Best of Luck

Bbobbi
    Bbobbi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

thanks for the write ups! Tailing on the power play sounds Good!

ballsyman

Best of Luck Bbobbi

harthebar
    harthebar's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9580

need a answer on this...the total in nba what is the ratio of o/u is under about 60% can anyone confirm

ballsyman

Profitable Night again hitting my 4 unit play......5-3 +6.6 units.......Overall 13-7 +14.2 units since joining SBR
    Last edited by ballsyman; 01-07-12 at 09:49 AM.

IllyPhilly[DOC]
    IllyPhilly[DOC]'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7288

Quote Originally Posted by ballsyman View Post
    Profitable Night again hitting my 4 unit play......4-3 so far +3.6 units.......Overall 12-7 +11.2 units since joining SBR
    Very nice my man

ballsyman

Thanks Doc.....born and raised in philly , now live in MA. Even thou I have a Pats picture on my profile, I will always be a philly fan first. Can't wait till the season starts.....I truely believe the Phillies will win it this year, it will be nice seeing THOME get his first ring in the majors. Best of Luck