cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Leans for Tuesday 2/24/09 schaapattack Week

Wow the F*ckin' Hawks got creamed yesterday, blowing away the PC Play as if it weren't the well researched and planned play tht it was. I am pretty disappointed in how they played considering that they were in a prime position to play well. Bibby didn't score not one single point. I am assuming that he caught the flu or something but without his production the Hawks are not the same team. Joe Johnson also did a moonwalk. They bought the PC Play record down to 14-6 since I joined SBR, and a disappointing 2 game losing streak on them, which doesn't sit too well with me. However I am right back at it again today and I really only liked one game for today's action. I am sure that schaapattack will fill in the blanks as he plays a lot more games per day than i do, so there will be no shortage of games today to make a play on.

As I indicated i am going to start playing more moneyline wagers in this the 2nd half of the season. Detroit really needs a win bad after being dismantled by the Cavs in their last game. Miami traditionally has problems with the Pistons so what better team to take the moneyline on than a team that the Pistons own? False favorite here in this game. I don't want the points in this one. I call plus money crumbs. Don't be offended by the name of this play.

Crumbs play of the day:

Detroit+180 moneyline or more by gametime
    Dallas+180 moneyline
    Chicago+105 moneyline
    Cleveland-3.5 1st quarter (of course)

schaapattack's plays

NBA

Chicago Bulls+2.5 (buy a half point)
    OKC+8.5 (1 point buy)

CBB

Wichita State-8
    Last edited by cocknocker; 02-24-09 at 05:55 PM.

squirrels
    squirrels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree

Hey ck new to this thread but been followig you dex and non for w a while i love detroit tommorow also love two other plays what do you think of minn/tor over, and orl/chi over

cnleaf
    cnleaf's Avatar Become A Pro!

DAL, DET for tomorrow's plays.

BobHarvey
    BobHarvey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 380

Any CBB leans?

squirrels
    squirrels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bobharvey View Post
    any cbb leans?
    florida state

for analysis see my post in college basketball

alittlemoresound
    alittlemoresound's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK LOVE DET $LINE

also PHOENIX to get back on the bad boy band wagon
    ORLANDO -2.5 is glowing on my book right now...last time i took orl like this i got screwed.. but they got that new hot shot rocket point guard. its kind of like a really good band... getting a better drummer... i guess hehe

takin ORL DAL DET LAKERS MEMPHIS

cocknocker

Trust me Bob Harvey, my man schaapattack will have a few college plays for tomorrow

cap10
    cap10's Avatar Become A Pro!

nice thread ck

time to bet the raps for a while;; marion trade should do wonders for them;; joneal and bosh did not compliment eaach other;;
    TOR -6.5;; LAL let minny hang around the other day;; who knows when the lakers decide to cover;;

also some food for thot;;

BRISTOL, CT—Craig Kilborn, the former host of The Late Late Show With Craig Kilborn, actor from the film The Benchwarmers, and SportsCenter anchor from 1993 to 1997, was spotted at 5:30 a.m. this morning broke, homeless, and passed out in front of ESPN's SportsCenter studios.
    According to ESPN sources, Kilborn appeared even thinner and more frail than usual, reeked of cigarette smoke and gin, and his clothes—a moth-eaten dark suit that may have been the same one he wore in his last-ever SportsCenter appearance—were in tatters. Kilborn was reportedly only wearing one shoe at the time of his discovery.
    Onlookers stated that, upon being woken

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Cap10, that's an old article from The Onion - a joke website. And it is a very old article. at least a few years. I read The Onion all the time, it's funny, but not true

cap10

thx jay;; someone just showed me that and i said 'that cannot be true but felt like passin it on'

i wish he still had that late night talk show ;; he was not bad

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

Your taking detroit even though they've been playing like crap. Miami is the favorite and at HOME, what if D-Wade goes for 50 again l0l. I would stay away.

cocknocker

Damn, I am sorry to hear that about Craig Kilborn. This economy is somethin' else

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

Orl (I just have to fade CHI here today, ORL is 4-0 SU and 3-1 ATS in CHI), Dal (BMM rule here, 4-1 ATS in SA plus revenge), Pho (normally char gets 14 pts or so, today only 7 ?) it is for me on tuesday, unless shapp says otherwise, bc I dont want to go against him, he had a nice 3-1 night in nba

tough monday, down around 8.5 , but we will get it back on tuesday for sure guys

cocknocker

I don't know SportsTerminator, we will see by the end of tomorrow. Teams usually respond well to being blown out. Detroit is in need of a win very badly. And don't you know that they have a 8-2 straight up record against the Heat in the last 10 games they have played against one another? It's the right call. the best way for you to find out is to put some money on the Heat, and find out with a risked amount

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Earyl lean on kittens

took out SA im a moron
    Last edited by shoebox; 02-24-09 at 08:52 AM.

cap10

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    damn, i am sorry to hear that about craig kilborn. This economy is somethin' else

ck;;;; jay just corrected this story;; apparently its from a spoof website and not true

cap10

further support for TOR -6,5

• Favorite is 6-0 ATS in the last 6 meetings.
    • Timberwolves are 0-4 ATS in the last 4 meetings in Toronto.
    • Timberwolves are 0-9 ATS in the last 9 meetings.

gl

cs11787
    cs11787's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Looks like the whole world is going to be on Phoenix tomorrow. A very big chunk of the consensus is on Pho yet the line already moved from -7 to -6.5. Last time these two met late Jan Charlotte blew away Phoenix 98-76. Charlotte is also a you know what tomorrow so most likely Ill be buying to +9 and taking the Bobcats! CK what does Stylez think about her Bobcats tomorrow? I also like the Lakers tomorrow night to hand the Thunder a beating. Like CK said earlier this week, I think OKC will go on an ATS losing streak. Lakers almost slipped up a couple of times when OKC visited them. Theres no way Phil Jackson is gonna let that happen again.
    Charlotte +9 (bought 2.5)
    LAL -7.5 (bought 1)
    Last edited by cs11787; 02-24-09 at 12:52 AM.

sprasad03
    sprasad03's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by cs11787 View Post
    Looks like the whole world is going to be on Phoenix tomorrow. A very big chunk of the consensus is on Pho yet the line already moved from -7 to -6.5. Last time these two met late Jan Charlotte blew away Phoenix 98-76. Charlotte is also a you know what tomorrow so most likely Ill be buying to +9 and taking the Bobcats! CK what does Stylez think about her Bobcats tomorrow?
    actually more on charlotte

SportsTerminator

I would only play on 4 teams who are guranteed to win.. Cleveland...Lakers...Toronto... and Orlando.
    And
    cap10 those are good statistics but The T'wolves can't lose all the time, they have to win 1. But tomorrow's not that 1 l0l.

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trust me Bob Harvey, my man schaapattack will have a few college plays for tomorrow
    LOL

cs11787

Quote Originally Posted by sprasad03 View Post
    actually more on charlotte
    Which site do you get your consensus numbers at?

schaapattack
    schaapattack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have some strong leans in NBA tomorrow ck. Ill have them out in the morning. Peace bro

cap10

terminator

true dat;; tor win is not a given but the trends tell me that minny brings out the best in them;;; i would buy it down to tor -6 as i dont like that hook;;

i just think its a good spot for tor even tho they tend to suck on tues according to some other trends;; i think marion is a big upgrade for tor and for bosh;;jmo but remember i am wrong daily but i do hit 6 teamers quite a bit and i've had 2 near misses in bkl lately going 10-1 twice in parlays;; missed one by half a point;; fack kentucky;; missed another by 4pts;;; both lossed involved florida ;;

SportsTerminator

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    I would only play on 4 teams who are guranteed to win.. Cleveland...Lakers...Toronto... and Orlando.
    And
    cap10 those are good statistics but The T'wolves can't lose all the time, they have to win 1. But tomorrow's not that 1 l0l.
    Scratch that... 3 teams... Cleveland...Lakers...and Orlando

Thought about it.. I'm just not cofident in Toronto.(Yes even against the T'Wolves IN TORONTO but remember the Lakers barely beat the T'Wolves by 3...2 days ago...Foyle could go wild...) I don't know if the Toronto who lost by 30 to Knicks will show up or the Toronto who beat the Knicks by 10 will show up. Shaky team...not getting my $$$...l0l

SportsTerminator

u beat me to the post cap10 by a second l0l

cocknocker

Quote Originally Posted by schaapattack View Post
    I have some strong leans in NBA tomorrow ck. Ill have them out in the morning. Peace bro

Right on, homes! I'll check with ya bright and early!

cocknocker

cs,

she is taking the JM approach of course on that one and buying the 3 points and the Bobbies. She hates chase betting but it makes sense in the long run when you do the things that you are supposed to do.

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm feeling inspired after being swept by the books today. Which is why today I will deviate from my usual routine and post 2 picks instead of 1. The books are going to pay for those "wtf" games today. Now on to my picks:

line: ptb@hr 191
    pick: 191 under

Going back to trends analysis:

- The under for Portland is 11-7 when playing on the road this season.
    - The under for Portland is 5-1 after playing 3 consecutive home games.
    - The under for Portland is 4-1 the last 5 games.
    - The under for Houston is 17-11 at home.
    - Head to head, the under is 4-0 on games played in Houston the last 3 seasons.

The second half of this season is all about playoff positioning. The Blazers and Rockets are #'s 4 and 5 respectively in the West. The Rockets now know that Tmac is out for the season. This means that their rotation is finally set. Battier and Artest will be logging more minutes and we all know what these 2 guys can do on D. On the Blazers side, it is also a well known fact that Mcmillan is a tough defensive-minded coach. I expect these young Blazers to play scrappy defense as well. Look forward to a defensive-type of ballgame tomorrow as these 2 teams jock for position to gain homecourt advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs.

Extra play:

line: mt@tr 210
    pick: 210 over

Trends:

- The over is 16-8 for the Twolves against teams with a losing record this season.
    - The over is 15-8 for the Twolves against teams with poor defense.
    - The over is 7-3 for the Twolves on both the month of February and Tuesdays this season.
    - The over is 4-1 for the Twolves in the last 5 games.
    - The over is 17-9 for the Raptors against good offensive teams this season.

I would like to quote how Phil Jackson described the Twolves after their last meeting: "They want to get it to Telfair and Foye, get the ball up the court and find some shots,". He described the Twolves play as "loose net". The term means an "NBA tactic of years past when home teams that wanted to run supposedly had loose nets through which the ball would speed so one of their players could grab it immediately after a made basket and get started back the other way". I believe this does not need further explanation. As for the Raptors, their GM is named Colangelo, the same guy who put together D'Antoni, Nash, Marion and Amare back in Phoenix and they just ran everybody out of the building. His philosophy is still the same. He traded for Marion and now we have a healthy Calderon at the point. Expect these 2 ballclubs to light up the scoreboards tomorrow my friends.
    Last edited by pho3nix32; 02-24-09 at 05:30 AM.

cocknocker

I almost forgot to add on my usual Cleveland(-3.5) 1st quarter wager

cocknocker

Sprasad, no such thing as an NBA Secret Play

mb19
    mb19's Avatar Become A Pro!

rockets are on fire since the TMac cloud has been lifted. They will be looking for revenge for getting cheated in portland to start the year.

Houston -4

cs11787

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    cs,

she is taking the JM approach of course on that one and buying the 3 points and the Bobbies. She hates chase betting but it makes sense in the long run when you do the things that you are supposed to do.
    I think everyone hates chasing but with this it does bank in the long run! Well what we have to look forward to about the Charlotte play is that these plays are now somewhat like 17-1!

cocknocker

That is the correct call, Pho3nix32

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Everyone will be on Cleveland tomorrow and so will I. They are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings with the Grizzlies and they're at home. What else can I say? Delonte West came back with a bang in the last game against the Pistons and it looks like he didn't even miss any time on the court. Cleveland has the best defense in the league and Memphis is the third worst offensively. Tomorrow's game could get ugly really quick. I'll probably be looking at the 1Q and 1H lines as well. I fully expect the Cavaliers to go full throttle tomorrow and have no mercy against the Grizzlies.

Orlando will be able to show off its newly acquired piece in Rafer Alston tomorrow night vs the Baby Bulls. They are fresh off two blowout victories against the Bobcats and Heat and now that Alston has had time to practice with the team for an extended time, I believe the Magic will coast to victory tomorrow. The Magic are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings with Chicago and they have 2 SU victories at Chicago in the last year, winning by 19 points and 20 points respectively. They'll be on the road again and the Magic are one of the best road teams in the NBA. Dwight Howard will impose his will on anyone and everyone tomorrow.

1234 ... Last