Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

dont see how this player only meeting will help these self entitled pricks. people dont change.

MrShrink
    MrShrink's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    One more thing to mention re this game. rumors of the knicks openly offering Stoudemire for Howard surfaced today: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...o-rent-howard/
    Ohhhhhhhhh, snap... drama...

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

Quote Originally Posted by Phillth View Post
    dont see how this player only meeting will help these self entitled pricks. people dont change.
    "people don't change, they just have momentary steps outside of their true character"

This is their momentary steps outta their character.

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

well if you want to go by that premise, the knicks only two wins came via 1) with the best single 4th qtr performance of the season which was 2 weeks ago-melo-.. and 2) hitting a ridiculous 30 threes in the 1st half vs Sac which was a great aberration for them.,

in every other game the opposing team was in total control of the games (which include GSW, Raps, and dreaded Bobcats)

To top it off, these guys dont seem to be listening to dantoni. To be honest, it looks like they cant stand him by tuning him out. Everything seems to be falling on deaf ears. Furthermore, dantoni isnt running a system that best suits the players (talents) on the team. Theyre in total disarray & its become a dysfunctional mess. Dantonis days are numbered imo, and things will continue to look bleak unless replacements on the coaching staff and FO are made.

lets see which team changes tonight or stands true to their colors.

Last edited by PR9; 01-06-12 at 05:03 PM.

PR9

You know what, this could potentially be the best game of the docket tonight. Two teams desperate for a win.

Here is a video Mo Evans of the Wiz talking about how we can expect considerably more effort from the Wiz in tonights game after the players only meeting.. in his words laying it on the line for each other, playing with unity, playing for the community etc:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...s=iref:nbahpt1

.. interesting..

jbreez
    jbreez's Avatar Become A Pro!

PR9 I was just curious if you had a thread going where you track your picks?

PR9

PHI-DET OVER 186 , 2.2 units

mag
    Last edited by PR9; 01-06-12 at 06:29 PM.

PR9

magic 1.5, 2 units.

like this spot for magic as its a sandwich home game for magic and bulls have trouble covering there. bulls play tomorrow night in another game vs atlanta while magic have day off -including day off yesterday-.

Wiz looking very good early with 12 point lead over knicks. I have 1Q and 1H bets on Wiz at 1u each. Also ML on Wiz at $100 to win $230 + 5 units at +6 pts full game

xxdjstriderxx
    xxdjstriderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

PR9

covered the 1Q and 1H plays but knicks really stormed back late in the 1st half playing with a real purpose. Might have to hedge some here for the 2nd half. Hit 1H Nets. And I am slapping myself because i wanted nets at +6.5 but didnt go through with that heavy lean. Raps embarking on a 7 game in 9 night set coming off 2 straight wins, and consecutive games as a good favorite spelled nets covering here.

missed opportunity.

the over unders look like total stinkers tonight. Tailed slapstick for the sixers over as he said he got -THE CALL- , and he hits at a solid 80% clip but this one wont.

line movement again on bulls-magic right before game time. ahem
    Last edited by PR9; 01-06-12 at 07:14 PM.

migz
    migz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 856

What's happening to Was? Lol hope they turn it around

migz

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

Bibby getting hot like that was so random... 3 3s and a nice mid range created off a pump fake

JNic

Singleton may have missed that breakaway dunk but boy is he playing well, did have a tough time covering Melo though

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Fukkin Knicks let em back in.....now sweating my 2h -4 bet

PR9

Wiz playing with real emotion here down 3 with 2 minutes to go. Most emotion they have shown in the 4th quarter all season so far.

I like the fact that they keep attacking the rim and the interior of that knicks D with high percentage shots. Wall looks to be on a mission tonight going to the hole.

PR9

Wiz up by one with 24 seconds left

;-)

JNic

Melo... such a dagger. PR9 what do you do if you are the wiz here

PR9

Wow. This is a great game like i thought it would be.

Melo hits a clutch 3. Knickers up by 2 with 15 seconds left.

Barnburner here !

possible OT

migz

no OT please, Young for 3..

JNic

Wow wall whyyy do you take that 3. He should have drove the lane

migz

Nice call PR9.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Cash the Wiz +6

JNic

At the end great shot by Young but someone was wide open at the other side of the court. I'm not sure who it was? Looked like maybe Rashard?

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Nice win BUT this will be the last time I put $$ on Wizards. They aren't a 1H team, they're a 1P team. I don't know enough about bball to see what is there problem, probably too short a bench, but they can't play a full game, and they can't close games.

But thanks for the pick PR. Great way to start the day.

PR9

WIZ COVER !!!!

Players only meetings >>>>>>>>>

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

WIZ COVER !!!!

Players only meetings >>>>>>>>>

Cashed it too, with Wall, Young, Blatche and McGee all leading the Wiz to an almost win. Looks like we had different reasons for the play, but we both ended up with same result.

Now get some sleep

PR9

line movement again on bulls-magic right before game time. ahem
    I knew it.

They were begging you to take Orlando.

Glad I hedged that one before losing money.

ATL/CHA hits the over. Looks like a slightly profitable night, barely over even if 2H uOKC under and Indy +5.5 2H doesnt come in, could have been so much better. Now for the late games to get ahead

EDIT - OKC u2H looks like it will come through here at the end of the 3rd. Generally when a team has a big lead at the half, the under comes through in the 2nd.

Last edited by PR9; 01-06-12 at 08:44 PM.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

I knew it.

They were begging you to take Orlando.

Glad I hedged that one before losing money.

ATL/CHA hits the over. Looks like a slightly profitable night, barely over even if 2H OKC under and Indy +5.5 2H doesnt come in, could have been so much better. Now for the late games to get ahead
    I read up above you were on Orlando....where did you hedge?

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    I read up above you were on Orlando....where did you hedge?
    right when i saw the line move before the game.. just like spurs last night.. and heat to an extent (but for different reasons)

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

nice call dude. I tailed you after i read your write up . MAd props.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

cahsed wiz +6.5.

You the man PR9

PR9

Yup, these team meetings work more often than not. You gotta keep your head on a swivel and always look for it..

- Grizzlies had an "intense team meeting" (a team spokesman said those words before tipoff on NBA tv broadcast during pre-game show) before playing the nuggets, and won with a great 4th qtr effort.

- The Heat had what they called an "intense" team meeting as well before facing the Sixers and winning by 20

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...,1710926.story

In the wake of Wednesday's troubling 105-97 road loss to the Milwaukee Bucks, when they blew an 18-point lead, the Heat went to school in Philadelphia, first with an intense team meeting Thursday at the Philadelphia 76ers' training facility at the Philadelphia College

Before walking the walk, the Heat talked the talk at the Thursday meeting.

"It was no-holds barred, no tongues being held," forward LeBron James said. "If we're going to be held to a championship standard, we need to go out and play like it. No one can take things personal if someone says something to him. We've got to take constructive criticism."

And take it to heart, which they did against the 76ers, in making it nine victories in their last 11 games.

"Everybody was pure about it," Spoelstra said of the raw discussion. "Everybody's intention was to find a way to get better and correct some of the things that ailed us against Milwaukee. It was a long day and we improved."

To guard Dwyane Wade, it was necessary discourse.

"Every team, especially good teams, you have to sit and reflect and see what you can do better. It was a wake up day for us," he said of the Thursday session. "We came in and did what we talked about. The biggest thing was the lines of communication opening between players and coaches. It should be that way, but sometimes you get lost and there's a separation."

Against the 76ers, the Heat found their way, Their nine turnovers were their fewest since committing eight against the Washington Wizards on Feb. 25, 2011 and their fewest in a road game since committing seven at the Los Angeles Clippers on Jan. 12, 2011. In fact, in their last five victories, the Heat have averaged just 11.6 turnovers per game.

It was an efficient effort across the board, with season lows in personal fouls (12) and points allowed (79). The 79 points were the fewest since allowing 79 to the Raptors in the 2010-11 regular-season finale in Toronto.
    Last edited by PR9; 02-05-12 at 07:46 AM.

First 12