Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Knicks -11.5

what the hell

are they gonna win by 25 and fukk a lot of people?

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Amare back and i hear the promising rook Schumpert (who brings them a lot of energy at SG) is back as well.

and of course, it's the bobcats who are total garbage.

after the loss to the Raps at home I expect NYK to cover tonight.. with a similar performance they had in Sacramento when they blew out the sad-sacs

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

charlotte has been giving up some points as of late go wth nyk

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

charlotte gets buried constantly (which is a no brainer) and amare is back here so this is easy. take charlotte. good luck!

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

yeah charlotte is garbage, dont think ima ever put money on them again. but still -11.5 is a BIG line... opens a lot of room for a backdoor cover.

PR9

knicks had a disappointing road trip and lost to Toronto as soon as they got back home. And A LOT of fans and NY media are all over the knicks for their lackluster performances..

so considering all that...

If they have a chance to put a team away in madison square garden, They're going to put them away and not take the foot off the pedal. With everything going on in NY, and a piss poor team like charlotte coming in, this is blowout territory to calm the natives.

PR9

I'm laying some moolah on Knicks 1Q and/or 1H

They're a team that plays very well early anyway. With amare and schumpert back, and with all the criticism they're receiving from the NY media, I suspect they'll come out jazzed at home against that horrid team that lost by double-digits to the cavs last night

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Over 200

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    A LOT of fans and NY media are all over the knicks for their lackluster performances..
    This is really not a new thing though for the Knicks. The fans are always upset with their poor performances.

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    This is really not a new thing though for the Knicks. The fans are always upset with their poor performances.
    they've had more preseason buzz this year than any recent year. Much higher expectations coming into this year. So many of them thought they could compete in the east with the miami's and chicago's after the chandler signing.

this is the first year "coming into" a season with Anthony,.

It's nothing like last year. they just had amare coming into last season. Knicks were just hoping to make the playoffs. A lot of people in NY were deluded enough to think they are on par with miami and can beat them in a series now, with the addition of chandler (to combine a front court of chandler, amare and Melo)

you should hear how some of those new yorkers talked about their team this preseason. At least before, many of them knew deep down inside that they sucked.. but now, they're totally deluded.. there in lies the difference.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

True. I feel like any team that's changed as much as the Knicks needs transition time. Look at the Heat last year in the first few weeks. Out of sync, no identity, etc. The Knicks are the same story, IMO. They'll flounder for a few weeks and then really start to jell. The addition of Chandler alone made for a severe disruption to how the Knicks play ball.

I think this spread is high, but will make more sense later in the season as it's based on the Knicks potential. As of now, it's pretty tough to lay -11.5 against a Bobcats team that plays a high tempo game, although I could see the Knicks 2H being a potentially solid play if the Bobcats can hang around in the 1H by relying more on their starters. Once you're into the Charlotte reserves, it will be all Knicks.

shift_knob
    shift_knob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Knicks are garbage!

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

man this team is bad. if i ever see a double digit spread again, i'll know which side to choose.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

knicks will never ever ever ever be a double point fav again this season.

EvilBettor
    EvilBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Fading NYK = .
    2H CHA +11 = also.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32291

Quote Originally Posted by beerman2619 View Post
    knicks will never ever ever ever be a double point fav again this season.
    Maybe Friday, April 13th in the Garden against Washington, if the Knicks get their shit together, they might be -12