blackberry_juice
    blackberry_juice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 287

Pacers +9 at Miami?

I'm scared to death of betting against Miami this year. I still am spooked from the way they came out and absolutely demolished Dallas before halftime. But Pacers play at a slower pace, are in the top 10 at crashing the boards, especially on the offensive end. Atlanta plays at a slow pace and they took care of Miami Monday. They don't turn the ball over and are currently the most defensively efficient team in the league.

The problem I'm having pulling the trigger is Miami's "spot". I'm not great at reading these so far this year. They're coming off their first loss, so I'm wondering how much more fire they come out with than they would after a win.

I don't think Indiana is terribly overmatched talent-wise like most teams who play the Heat. Hibbert should protect the rim while Hansbrough and West fill out the front court. As I said their low TO rate is going to be huge in limiting easy transition buckets for Miami. Anyone want to throw in their 2 cents?

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

I'm staying away from that one.

There's much better plays on the board imo.

blackberry_juice

Yeah this is looking like a no play, but I am strongly leaning Indy at this point. PR you're good at reading spots from what I've seen, what do you think Miami's chances are of blowing Indy out start to finish? I'm much more worried about this than a late sweater coming down to the last few buckets and the Pacers not covering.

nbaprofit
    nbaprofit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do not think you should go against Miami, in games like that, especially at home,
    Miami can Win by 30 points almost every team, so if you dont go with them, dont go against them.BOL.

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

Im leaning under on this game.

blackberry_juice

I'm already in on the under at 199. Saw the line jump up to 9.5 and then quickly back down to 9.

Full-Grown
    Full-Grown's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Indiana today, biggest play of the year for me. Hope it wins.

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

If wade is out, i think miami might be the play. Give LBJ to go back to his Cleveland days.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think Miami wins by double digits tonight...

They usually come out strong after a loss with something to prove (first loss of the season and at home)

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Quote Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post

They usually come out strong after a loss with something to prove (first loss of the season and at home)
    And they don't cover after blowing a team out. Didn't happen after mavs , didn't happen after a rival game vs Boston where miami spent a lot of energy.. and it didn't happen after miami destroyed charlotte by 39.

Stay away from this game and just wait until miami blows a team out, or has a real difficult game where they expend playoff type energy (possibly against a rival like chicago, or lakers, or boston , or a big team with media attention like OKC)... Miami gets up for those teams then in the following game bet against miami

those are the spots to look for.

blackberry_juice

Yep I can't play this one with any confidence. Wade injury would cost me a point and as much as I love Indiana's matchup here, I don't want to be against a Miami team coming off Monday's loss. Thanks as always for the insight PR.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I wanted to bet this last night at 9.5 when it opened but I passed. GL if you take it.

mann2chc
    mann2chc's Avatar Become A Pro!

im liking the under here... indy are playing more controlled versus the last couple of years... they are also playing a little defense... they havent given up a 100 yet (i dont think)... but this is miami at miami after a loss so i see why one would second guess themselves here... a lot of miami points have come off fast break points... the style of ball that indy is playing this year will make miami play half court more than they want to so that will limit the heats fast break points... GL!!!

LeagueCapper
    LeagueCapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

Don't make assumptions if your not sure.

MIAMI: 2-15 ATS in home games after 1 or more consecutive losses

chankng
    chankng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14483

plus*** No Dwade tonight... lol some f\*g on my thread said the heat can score outside of the big 3... i think he was high or smoking styrophone when he typed it lol

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

heat only up 21

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!