AdamStock1983
    AdamStock1983's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 384

Terrible product so far with the NBA

I am an NBA guy but the product that we have seen has been awful so far. We are basically still in preseason and with the condensed schedule looks like it is going to continue. I am thinking this is going to be a lost year for me wagering. I made a few wagers the first few days but I am laying off for at least a month possibly for all of 2012. Anyone else feeling this way? I can't imagine people are happy with this years NBA

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I am definitely with ya. I still enjoy watching but I don't think I will buying nba league pass once the free trial runs out. Will just watch the games online/tnt. Also split seasons tickets with 3 buddies the past 3 years and will not be doing it this year.

AdamStock1983

I have had the league pass for the last 6 years, I also will not be getting it this year. Product is so sloppy and seems impossible to handicap at least for me. I also love up and down, break neck, fast passed basketball. This year has been a defensive brick fest. I will be watching NCAAB more than NBA for the first time in years

LovetoSpooge
    LovetoSpooge's Avatar Become A Pro!

started watching ncaa when the lockout was on went back to NBA for the first week. Am now back to NCAA for the forseeable future.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

You just need to adjust your capping. Its about making money, not seeing high scoring basketball. If you had played a few unders, youd be fine right noe. The scoring will come and then adjust back. GL.

AdamStock1983

Rather than fight trends, team motivation, and unpredictable sloppy basketball, I think it is best for me to just sit out the season. The fast pace basketball I enjoy as a fan, I was not talking about that from a gambling aspect. Rather than playing UNDERS blindly I am going to pass because it will normalize just like when the OVERS dominated the first half of the NFL season and ended about 50/50 Same thing is going to happen here

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

to each their own... you will 100% not lose a dime...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    You just need to adjust your capping. Its about making money, not seeing high scoring basketball. If you had played a few unders, youd be fine right noe. The scoring will come and then adjust back. GL.
    I agree with this... I am also a degenerate and can't back away from a challenge... it's just a bit of a different challenge... ball goes in the 10 foot mesh, same as always...

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

The NBA has always been the hardest for me to cap with their brutal travel, motivation, etc. The Pistons and Pacers brawl fallout killed alot of interest in Indy as well. I do have to say the playoffs were great last year though. I'm with you Adam on scoring...don't need 140-135 ABA basketball but both sides shooting under 40% is pretty pathetic. In their defense guys are taller/faster/longer than ever so more shots than ever are being contested. For example the Pacers small forward Paul George grew to 6'10" and runs with guys on the perimeter...he guarded Derrick Rose pretty well last year 1 on 1.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Coaching @ all time low..

Teams have not been around each enough for judgements to be made on the overall product. @ least wait until everyone plays have their schedule.

AdamStock1983

HoulihansTX I am going to disagree with you. If you have watched NBA in the past and compared to this year its awful. This would be the preseason portion of the schedule and instead were about 8 games in. Does not pass the eye test or even the numbers. Look at the percentages or the shape of some of the players playing. Perhaps playoffs will be better because you don't have to handicap motivation as much. I love betting the NBA but just not this year. No point in this thread other than to wonder if I am alone on this.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Just wait for the playoffs if you feel that way. The playoffs get better and better every year. Last year's playoffs were great. Back in the day you had teams like the Cavs getting to a ECF with 4/5 starting white boys pretty much. There are way more variables to consider and if you are an NBA guy you will win money in the playoffs and you will enjoy the play. I could care less about regular season. I already know 14/16 teams that will be in the playoffs before the season starts.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 01-03-12 at 10:44 PM.

AdamStock1983

Won't disagree there. Playoffs last year were AMAZING