jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Miami has no inside game and no big man defense and rebounding so they cannot win a title

Its real simple

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

.wtt0315...........i have adopted a dog from pound,

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

What I noticed was an Atlanta team that played like Ive never seen them play before, they attacked the whole game relentlessly, hit some lucky shots and were hot and still only won by 8. This thread is really silly, also would like to know where you got those stats from, just this game? Then thats even more laughable, making a blanketed statement based on one game and one game only. There are many ways to beat a zone, what a zone is more used for is to lower shooting percentages though, its not just about dribble penetration, more about ball rotation, high lows usually work well if done correctly, still it works best if one can force teams to take jump shots and even with that get a hand in their face. I cant wait to see the next team that plays zone alot on them and the Heat win by a good amount or even the next time they play Atlanta because surely they will employ the same defense, so basically Atlanta should win every time they play the Heat according to this statement, they wont, should be fun.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 01-03-12 at 07:14 AM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by tullamore21 View Post

lol, you people think it's easy for a team to play 48 minutes zone D?
    It requires absolue concentration and need much physical and MENTAL energy to be spent, in order to achieve a good result. That's the reason most teams cannot play as many minutes as they wanted to this zonal marking.

There is a point of zsr's early post, but i guess Miami is good enough to penetrate the Zone D too. And guess what? This year Miami doesn't shoot as much as last year beyond the arc and at least it seems that their offensive game is more sophisticated and mentally balanced. At the end of the day, Miami will survive of this zone-defense and there is no reason to discuss about an artificial drama situation.
    Good day
    Playing a zone expends the least amount of physical and mental energy of any defense, come on now, man to man is the most physically and mentally exerting, basic common sense.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol sports mushroom still doesn't get how stupid he is and continues try to prove hes right. Wow. Did you really just say miami would thrive against the zone? Really? I take it you couldn't figure out google then. Ive posted nothing but facts, you didn't like the facts I posted, so I invited you to check for yourself, you couldn't figure out how. You also don't seem to realize that Miami scores a lot of there points in transition, which is neither against man to man or zone, so obviously isn't included in the figures.

Lol at basing my whole theory on 5 minutes. Your Internet ego is so big you can't admit you came into this thread thinking you were right about everything, never actually looked at the numbers, and made yourself look like a fool. For some reason your pointing the finger at everyone else being stupid, when in fact your the only one who doesnt seem to get it.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-03-12 at 12:17 PM.

zsr

This thread clearly got off track because everyone was too lazy to look themselves. This is not based on one game.

EVERYONE CHECK THE ADVANCED STATS FOR YOURSELF AT SYNERGY

They cannot score on zone. That was the point of this thread. Sports mushroom can't figure out how to check advanced statistics so he will continue to argue
    Last edited by zsr; 01-03-12 at 10:59 AM.

zsr

Miami Heat's offense in 2011-12

PlaysPointsEfficiencyFG%TO%FT pct
    vs. Transition125152121.669.715.214.4
    vs. Man56744194.448.015.012.8
    vs. Zone503774.038.112.04.0

There ya go.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

We should ask Jonesy about his home team... oh wait....
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 01-03-12 at 12:30 PM.

Jaug
    1 in 2.7 mill
    Jaug's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2977

Just because they lose one game that doesnt mean they wont win the NBA. All teams lose a game.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Is plays not possessions? If so theyve had 50 plays in a zone, not 100 as you said. You cant speculate as you tried and do math like that because 100 possessions hasnt actually happened yet, so if plays equal possessions, theyve had 50 possessions, not 100 as you said.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Is plays not possessions? If so theyve had 50 plays in a zone, not 100 as you said. You cant speculate as you tried and do math like that because 100 possessions hasnt actually happened yet, so if plays equal possessions, theyve had 50 possessions, not 100 as you said.
    Nobody has faced 100 possessions against zone. Synergy does the calculation, they are the best advanced stat site in the world and are used by scouts and executives. The efficiency number is the "per 100 possessions"

Just to put there 74 points per 100 possessions into perspective, the AVERAGE team is averaging over 102 points against zone per 100 possessions. Just something to watch.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-03-12 at 03:32 PM.

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by BetterBizness View Post
    so you can't shoot.. run over people!!!

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post

Nobody has faced 100 possessions against zone. Synergy does the calculation, they are the best advanced stat site in the world and are used by scouts and executives. The efficiency number is the "per 100 possessions"

Just to put there 74 points per 100 possessions into perspective, the AVERAGE team is averaging over 102 points against zone per 100 possessions. Just something to watch.
    So your statement is wrong then, since no team has faced 100 possessions in a zone, then it is impossible to say that the Heat score 74 points per 100 possessions.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami unable to score on zone
    In general, teams that play effective Zone D have a built in advantage early in the season because most players will see a lot less Zone in practice and therefore be more easily contained by it. Also, Zone can be more effectively operated than man-to-man when some of the players may not be in proper game shape.

I love all the hilarious generalizations being made in this forum after ~5 games.

zsr

So your statement is wrong then, since no team has faced 100 possessions in a zone, then it is impossible to say that the Heat score 74 points per 100 possessions.
    Lol. That's the conversion obviously. Don't be an idiot, use your head. Unlike when you said the lakers are a 6-8 seed.

It is 100% accurate the heat score 74 points per 100 possessions. It doesn't matter how many possessions they've had against zone, you convert it to out of 100. Are you this stupid?
    Last edited by zsr; 01-03-12 at 04:54 PM.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    In general, teams that play effective Zone D have a built in advantage early in the season because most players will see a lot less Zone in practice and therefore be more easily contained by it. Also, Zone can be more effectively operated than man-to-man when some of the players may not be in proper game shape.

I love all the hilarious generalizations being made in this forum after ~5 games.
    Lol All your posts are complete garbage and 100% inaccurate. Remember when you say the eagles would crush Seattle because of the power rankings? Remember when you said battier is a great addition? Don't respond to my threads with your garbage.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-03-12 at 05:12 PM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Lol. That's the conversion obviously. Don't be an idiot, use your head. Unlike when you said the lakers are a 6-8 seed.

It is 100% accurate the heat score 74 points per 100 possessions. It doesn't matter how many possessions they've had against zone, you convert it to out of 100. Are you this stupid?
    No youre the dumb one idiot, thats the thing this is the real world, so when Miami actually gets to 100 possessions in a zone and they have over or under 74 points then what? See how stupid you sound? You cant base "on a pace to" in the real world because it 99% of the time doesnt happen as such. Basically if a team has 50 points at the half they will have 100 points at the end of the game is basically what youre saying, its no different and you are wrong and stupid also.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

What is the source of these statistics?

zsr

No youre the dumb one idiot, thats the thing this is the real world, so when Miami actually gets to 100 possessions in a zone and they have over or under 74 points then what? See how stupid you sound? You cant base "on a pace to" in the real world because it 99% of the time doesnt happen as such. Basically if a team has 50 points at the half they will have 100 points at the end of the game is basically what youre saying, its no different and you are wrong and stupid also.
    Your an idiot. I'm not even going to try to explain it to you anymore.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-03-12 at 05:27 PM.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    What is the source of these statistics?
    Synergy. 100% accurate, ignore the trolls filling up the thread trying to argue.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Synergy. 100% accurate, ignore the trolls filling up the thread trying to argue.
    Do you have a link to these stats?

zsr

Do you have a link to these stats?
    I copy/pasted the chart above.

zsr

Here is an idea, how about you provide a link to the stats for the entire league to provide proper context, instead of cherry picking such a small sample.
    Why? The thread is about Miami, to give you an idea, the AVERAGE of the rest of the league is 102 points per 100 possessions.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Here is an idea, how about you provide a link to the stats for the entire league to provide proper context, instead of cherry picking such a small sample.

zsr

Why? The thread is about Miami, to give you an idea, the AVERAGE of the rest of the league is 102 points per 100 possessions against zone. This small sample is all we have right now. I'm sure you remember Dallas also using zone on them in the finals.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK

Why? The thread is about Miami, to give you an idea, the AVERAGE of the rest of the league is 102 points per 100 possessions against zone. This small sample is all we have right now. I'm sure you remember Dallas also using zone on them in the finals.
    Why not???? The fact that you haven't is very curious to say the least.

HendoNation
    HendoNation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1194

Jesus dude, why don't we just say .74 points per possession on average then. We all know what he means

zsr

Why not???? The fact that you haven't is very curious to say the least.
    Synergy is open to the public. Lol at thinking I took the time to make up Miamis offense stats vs man to man, zone, and in transition.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by HendoNation View Post

Jesus dude, why don't we just say .74 points per possession on average then. We all know what he means
    Thank you, my rant was ongoing until he had sense enough to make out exactly what the stat meant, I knew he didnt know so therefore my rant.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol All your posts are complete garbage and 100% inaccurate. Remember when you say the eagles would crush Seattle because of the power rankings? Remember when you said battier is a great addition? Don't respond to my threads with your garbage.
    Internet tough guy. Everyone that disagrees with you is clearly an idiot...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is an inaccurate way to measure a teams efficiency vs the zone.
    its just too small a sample
    even if the stats are correct, they are "currently" at 74points per possession
    the next 50 possessions in zone could be different if they played the nets and jazz

from ur logic, why dont the sixers give the ball to spencer hawes at every possession?
    hes leading the league in fg% @ 65%

zsr

I'm done with this thread. You guys argue amongst yourselves. The facts are the facts.

zsr

Thank you, my rant was ongoing until he had sense enough to make out exactly what the stat meant, I knew he didnt know so therefore my rant.
    Your trying to nitpick when the stat is 100% accurate. Your clueless and your Internet ego is too big to admit your an idiot.

Ok now I'm done lol. Have fun.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Your trying to nitpick when the stat is 100% accurate. Your clueless and your Internet ego is too big to admit your an idiot.

Ok now I'm done lol. Have fun.
    If you really wanna make substance to your point, instead of trying to rag Miami after a few games why don't you put up this for last season.

zsr

If you really wanna make substance to your point, instead of trying to rag Miami after a few games why don't you put up this for last season.
    I don't have the information for last season. We all remember Dallas using zone on them in the finals, and this year I just started checking the advanced statistics and this is the only sample size we have.

I know 50 possessions isn't a giant sample, but there lack of getting to the free throw line and obvious inability to score against it is going to become a problem. If I can find this info, obviously NBA scouts/coaches knew of this well before me.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but idk why your trying to nitpick it, I didn't make these up, the facts are the facts. Lets wait till the end of the year and see what happens.
    Last edited by zsr; 01-03-12 at 06:19 PM.

First 123 Last