bureK
    OKCity
    bureK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 811

OKC @ Mavs.. Trap game?

OKC -2 seems like a gift. Dallas is on a b2b and the guests are well rested... I'm all over OKC here but this might not be so easy... I think the spread might go up to 4 at least before the tip off

PR9
    PR9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 651

Dallas all the way

bureK
    OKCity

Any good reason?

larry040681
    larry040681's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3323

leaning on the over instead... can't rely dallas giving them +4.. can't trust OKC either...

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Going to see what some of the "sharper" cappers think of this game. It feels like one of those trap games where 75% of the people put money on the losing side.

But I do like the fact that OKC has had a day of rest whereas Dallas played last night in Minnesota.

Deep_Rest
    Deep_Rest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10319

Mavs. They're pissed they lost to MIN last night.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Rest View Post
    Mavs. They're pissed they lost to MIN last night.
    They're pissed they lost by the Durant buzzer beater too last week.

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

The Minny was a trap game leading up to this matchup. DOnt you think they over looked the wolves because they had their rematch at home vs OKC?

Dallas +points for me.

Anyone else see alot of square plays today also?

bureK
    OKCity

I don't know.. Dallas looks like sh1t. Odom is way out, Carter is suposed to be good for at least 15minutes and he fails even that. If Dirk is "out" Thunder are gonna smash them. What about Dirk over 23.5 points? He always looks good vs them, even tough Ibaka is a great defensive player.. Westbrook can rape Kidd any time, KD, who's gona stop him? Haywood vs Perkins means sh1t. OKC bench isn't that much worse than Dallas'

OKC is strong this year and even they are on the road this time I think they will win

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Revenge game here...

Lethalize
    Lethalize's Avatar Become A Pro!

There is no question, honestly, that OKC has a better team at the moment. Still, they will eventually lose and an away game versus the team they barely beat at home? I don't want any part of this matchup, thanks.

Joeb86
    Im on sick tilt :(
    Joeb86's Avatar Become A Pro!

The over sounds right it has a great chance for overtime they will match bucket for bucket

MrSink
    MrSink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4888

like OKC also
    good luck

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

I am on OKC. Dallas is coming off a bad loss in Minny last night and is flat out not playing good basketball. OKC is not the team they wanna see right now.

BigBurk
    BigBurk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5461

Just play the over.. seems solid.

PR9

Come on guys. This is a line call just like utah's first win vs philly at home and the other night when DET beat Indy when 90% of the bets fell in love with the Indy road -2.5 number. Both were easy bets and so is this one.

So let me get this straight, the Mavs are at home and getting +2.5 in a "revenge" game. Vegas sets the line at a ridiculous OKC -2 to get heavy bets on OKC. After all, the Mavs lost last night to the T-wolves, OKC is undefeated and the Mavs are 1-4. The Mavs are comning off a b2b and the Thunder are rested.

And vegas decides to set the line at a paltry -2 ? lol.

Vegas knows Dallas is going to win this one. The Mavs were in a tough spot last night as they were looking ahead to this revenge game vs OKC tonight. I should have seen it last night vs the T-wolves but I was so involved with making $$ on the NFL yesterday in the last weekend of the season, that I didn't have time to check everything out. Only made 2 NBA plays yesterday and 3 bets on 1Q and half bets (going 3-2)

This is one of the fishiest lines of the year. No different than Detroit/Indy from a couple of nights ago. I bombed Detroit and this SCREAMS Bomb Dallas.

OKC gets their first loss tonight in Dallas. The line is telling you everything you need to know. There's nothing else to see here. The line says everything. Vegas is telling you who's going to win.

Last edited by PR9; 01-02-12 at 01:06 PM.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by PR9 View Post
    Come on guys. This is a line call just like utah's first win vs philly at home and the other night when DET beat Indy when 90% of the bets fell in love with the Indy road -2.5 number. Both were easy bets and so is this one.

So let me get this straight, the Mavs are at home and getting +2.5 in a "revenge" game. Vegas sets the line at a ridiculous OKC -2 to get heavy bets on OKC. After all, the Mavs lost last night to the T-wolves, OKC is undefeated and the Mavs are 1-4. The Mavs are comning off a b2b and the Thunder are rested.

Vegas knows Dallas is going to win this one. The Mavs were in a tough spot last night as they were looking ahead to this revenge game vs OKC tonight. I should have seen it last night vs the T-wolves but I was so involved with making $$ on the NFL yesterday in the last weekend of the season, that I didn't have time to check everything out. Only made 2 NBA plays yesterday and 3 bets on 1Q and half bets (going 3-2)

This is one of the fishiest lines of the year. No different than Detroit/Indy from a couple of nights ago. I bombed Detroit and this SCREAMS Bomb Dallas.

OKC gets their first loss tonight in Dallas. The line is telling you everything you need to know. There's nothing else to see here. The line says everything. Vegas is telling you who's going to win.

so okc it is!

rdkjglsk
    rdkjglsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

hahaha

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Its funny how people can view things so differently. Nothing fishy about this line at all imo.

Whats BUSTED? What line do you think would be fair in this one? You really think considering the state the Mavs are in currently they should be favorites here?

Its a 50/50 game. OKC was the favorite to win the West starting the season and they are showing why with a great start to the season. Mavs were expected to regress from their championship form due to losing some key players and generally getting older. And thats what we have seen this season.

Mavs showed they still have plenty of game left in OKC and have revenge factor going for them. Value play would be on them, but they are old and on a b2b plus the Thunder are elite in their own right. Coin flip game, i see no angles that clearly indicate 1 team will win this one. Personally i think OKC is a legit contender this season and overall better team then the Mavs. No situational edge in this game so i'd go with OKC if i had to pick. But its hardly an easy pick no matter which side you like.

Btw, OKC is 3-2 @ Dallas in their last 5 games there. And thats last years Championship level Dallas, not the out of shape struggling old Dallas of this year.
    Last edited by demens; 01-02-12 at 01:21 PM.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by bureK View Post
    I don't know.. Dallas looks like sh1t. Odom is way out, Carter is suposed to be good for at least 15minutes and he fails even that. If Dirk is "out" Thunder are gonna smash them. What about Dirk over 23.5 points? He always looks good vs them, even tough Ibaka is a great defensive player.. Westbrook can rape Kidd any time, KD, who's gona stop him? Haywood vs Perkins means sh1t. OKC bench isn't that much worse than Dallas'

OKC is strong this year and even they are on the road this time I think they will win
    You're totally wrong about Westbrook and Kidd. Look at the numbers the last couple years -- Kidd and Carlisle consistently shut Westbrook down. However, you are right about Odom and Dallas in general. The play is OKC.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Vegas knows Dallas is going to win this one.
    That makes no sense at all. Dallas was a 5-point dog at OKC. That equates to Dallas -2 at home. If the line were Dallas -3 or -4, that might be Vegas telling you Dallas is going to win. But Dallas is +2.5 instead of the -2 that you should expect based on the line from the last OKC/Dallas game. So what is that telling you?

PR9

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    That makes no sense at all. Dallas was a 5-point dog at OKC. That equates to Dallas -2 at home. If the line were Dallas -3 or -4, that might be Vegas telling you Dallas is going to win. But Dallas is +2.5 instead of the -2 that you should expect based on the line from the last OKC/Dallas game. So what is that telling you?
    Look what's happened since that game though. Lines move big in a short period of time. Dallas is now 1-4 getting blown out last night and OKC is undefeated. Dallas is traveling on a b2b while OKC is rested. The opening line should be OKC -3.5 or -4 as everyone and their mother is down on Dallas at the moment.

Proof is, 87% of the bets were on OKC when was OKC -2 before the half pointer.

I got a tip that vegas may be going more with the public however on "some" games. Regardless, I'm going with dallas on this one. not betting big, just 2u and a small moneyline. OKC is due for a loss as they've been winning by very slim margins, and I just feel like this is the spot. The NBA loves story lines.

Also feel Dallas was looking ahead for this game with the loss last night. They didnt have the best energy thats for sure.

I could be wrong. won't be the first time that's for certain. We'll see.
    Last edited by PR9; 01-02-12 at 03:48 PM.

Danskeren
    Danskeren's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look what's happened since that game though. Lines move big in a short period of time. Dallas is now 1-4 getting blown out last night and OKC is undefeated. Dallas is traveling on a b2b while OKC is rested. The opening line should be OKC -3.5 or -4 as everyone and their mother is down on Dallas at the moment.

Proof is, 87% of the bets were on OKC when was OKC -2 before the half pointer.

I got a tip that vegas may be going more with the public however on "some" games. Regardless, I'm going with dallas on this one. not betting big, just 2u and a small moneyline. OKC is due for a loss as they've been winning by very slim margins, and I just feel like this is the spot. The NBA loves story lines.

Also feel Dallas was looking ahead for this game with the loss last night. They didnt have the best energy thats for sure.

I could be wrong. won't be the first time that's for certain. We'll see.
    The line is set right where it's supposed to be. Dallas shouldn't be a 3.5/4 homedog to anybody besides the heat at this point in the season.
    I've never been a fan of the theory of a team being "due for a loss/win". In my opinion it's just an argument for betting on/against a team that's on a streak.

Good luck though.

PR9

Dallas all the way

Vegas knows Dallas is going to win this one.

Vegas robbed you doubters again..

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102