RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree
    RabidGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Opinion on the refereeing crew variable for a game

I was just curious on what some of your opinions are about the crew of refs that officiate a game and the role they play in the O/U or spreads. Also for those of you who are into the actuarial aspects of an NBA system how do you go about applying the ref variable in a system. Any links about this stuff would be much appreciated too!

Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Some refs are foul happy which add more free throws which adds the chance for more points in the game.

RabidGoat
    I smoked my xmas tree
    RabidGoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by Riceboi View Post
    Some refs are foul happy which add more free throws which adds the chance for more points in the game.
    I agree, but does that really play enough of a role in a games outcome that it should be accounted for when attempting to handicap a game?

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Dan Crawford + Mavericks = no bet. Dude is a sack-hugger for Kobe and hates the Mavs.

Joey Crawford + anything = no bet. I think Crawford's new name should be Henchman. He's one of Stein's enforcers, if you know what I mean.

Bavetta + anything = over, I think... there's some refs who keeps the game exciting. I think it's Bavetta who likes setting the pace of a game. And if it's a blow-out game, take the points. I think I read somewhere he doesn't like blowout games because they're boring.