Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Denver +5.5 @ Portland 12/29. Get on this play.

Writeup coming tomorrow morning.

This game will come right down to the wire. Take the +5.5 while its available because you will only get +4 at best before tipoff.

ksnooksk
    ksnooksk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Trap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

bad bet. portland will pump denver

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

i'll wait for it to go down and take portland. Portland will be well rested and is playing at home while Denver is coming off the end of a b2b.

Goat Milk

Denver is too deep. Their guys all play 30 min or less. Everyone stays rested when you play 11 guys.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I don't like this one personally, but I doubt I'll play it given how dangerous Denver can be.

Like the Mavs and Knickerbockers.

Goat Milk

Portland is getting way too much love here. It’s not impossible to win at the Rose Garden and Portland is definitely not better than Denver from a matchup perspective.

Nene will be guarding Aldrich in this game with Mozgof probably getting the nod again at C. I would want to see how many LA is gonna score against Nene I’ll take Nene in that matchup all day. Mozgof will do his job against Camby. Camby is washed up and can no longer do anything except rebound.
    Gerald Wallace. Wallce will get his in this game. He is probably going to be guarding by a bunch of guys to limit him to 20 25. Gallinari and Harrington should both see time guarding him. Gallinari is crafty and I think he can hold his ground against Wallace.

Ty Lawson vs. Raymond Felton
    This is the key matchup in this game. There’s a lot of competition between these two now that Felton wants to prove he is better than Lawson after saying he should be starting. I think Lawson will shit on Felton. Lawson is playing out of his mind right now and I don’t see why this will be a let down. I think he will get guys lots of open shots.

Wesley Mathews and Affalo at the 2 will guard one another. Both should play pretty well but I think Affalo is the better player.

Now coming off the bench you got Al Harrington, Andre Miller (former Blazer), Rudy Fernadez (former Blazer), and Birdman. Batum and Crawford are the only highlights from the Blazers bench. I think Crawford could drop 20 but the rest of Portlands bench are scrubs. Also Portland will get like 10 offensive boards tops. Without too many second chances Porltnad is not going to be able to SLOW THIS GAME DOWN, which is what they want to do. These types of defensive teams don’t like playing fast-paced teams.

Denver has way too many weapons. If Nene can handle LA and hold him to roughly 20 or less in this game I don’t see Portland winning. Denver’s defense is underrated and I don’t think they’ll be tired if they’ll playing at the Rose. They are the hungriest team in the NBA with Karl the nuggets are money and they will cover this number.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Good luck man. Hope you win.
    Points Awarded:

Goat Milk gave riffraff24 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Nice breakdown.

Denver is the better team, without question. Just don't like fading the Blazers ever at the Rose Garden. They tend to pull shit out of nowhere there. I think the line is pretty fair, if not inflated a little in Portland's favor. Not really seeing the edge to make this a big play, but BOL. I think Dallas is the better dog choice on Thursday.

FTR, you say this will be +4 at tip. It was actually +4 early, but has since moved to +5 and even +5.5.

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

Does anyone else like the under? I am hoping it get over 201 by tomorrow morning. Any input on this goat? Anyone else?

BranGor
    BranGor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

do NOT go for under

portland looks to push ball more

denver is run n gun team

no value

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I hope people bet Nuggets bc I love Portland

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

I hope people bet Portland bc I love Nuggets, aside how can one not love nuggets =))

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Going from the elevation in Denver to sea level in Portland on an B2B is not a good spot to be in, even coming off the relatively easy win over the Jazz. Portland wins this game, and if the line does drop back down, Portland -4 is a good bet.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 12-29-11 at 02:43 AM.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

leaning over

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Going from the elevation in Denver to sea level in Portland on an B2B is not a good spot to be in, even coming off the relatively easy win over the Jazz. Portland wins this game, and if the line does drop back down, Portland -4 is a strong bet.
    Portland is the strip club capital of America, so you'd have to think that the Nuggets players will likely be out til 4 or 5 AM at the earliest. And most the Blazers are faithful husbands so I'd expect them in bed by 8 or 9 pm. Blazers will be well rested for tomorrow, Nuggets won't.

For those reasons, I like Portland.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Holtgetsback, Avenger, MartR, and Le_Donk

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Going from the elevation in Denver to sea level in Portland on an B2B is not a good spot to be in, even coming off the relatively easy win over the Jazz. Portland wins this game, and if the line does drop back down, Portland -4 is a good bet.
    B2B doesn't mean anything to me or the Nuggets. A couple guys to watch for are Andre Miller and Fernandez coming back to Portland. Like I said fatigue doesn't matter when you play a 11 man rotation all solid minutes.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Portland is the strip club capital of America, so you'd have to think that the Nuggets players will likely be out til 4 or 5 AM at the earliest. And most the Blazers are faithful husbands so I'd expect them in bed by 8 or 9 pm. Blazers will be well rested for tomorrow, Nuggets won't. For those reasons, I like Portland.
    GTFO

Ockert12
    Ockert12's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nuggets or no play here. I don't see how you can bet against a dog team that hasn't scored less than 110 points in a game yet.

ThisGuy
    ThisGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 636

This total seems way too low

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ockert12 View Post
    Nuggets or no play here. I don't see how you can bet against a dog team that hasn't scored less than 110 points in a game yet.
    What? Through 2 games?... Come on.

Rolo1984
    Rolo1984's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can back2back already be an issue this early in the season?

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Rolo1984 View Post
    How can back2back already be an issue this early in the season?
    When you add the elevation drop of over 5000 ft and a turnaround time of less than 24 hours, it's definitely relevant to a team's energy level, even in the first week of the season. It might be more of an issue later on, but it's not insignificant now.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

total tells me that if you like portland, bet under, denver bet the over

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Portland is the strip club capital of America, so you'd have to think that the Nuggets players will likely be out til 4 or 5 AM at the earliest. And most the Blazers are faithful husbands so I'd expect them in bed by 8 or 9 pm. Blazers will be well rested for tomorrow, Nuggets won't. For those reasons, I like Portland.<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Best post of the day!

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under 203 is money.

celtics3388
    Update your status
    celtics3388's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2814

Quote Originally Posted by speedy88 View Post

portland is the strip club capital of america, so you'd have to think that the nuggets players will likely be out til 4 or 5 am at the earliest. And most the blazers are faithful husbands so i'd expect them in bed by 8 or 9 pm. Blazers will be well rested for tomorrow, nuggets won't.

For those reasons, i like portland.
    poty

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Shouldn't Denver be more like +4.5 or maybe even +4?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    FTR, you say this will be +4 at tip. It was actually +4 early, but has since moved to +5 and even +5.5.
    +6 now at a few books.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Shouldn't Denver be more like +4.5 or maybe even +4?
    It opened at +4.

Actually if Denver was the play, I'd say it'd be +2.5 or +3.

mission
    mission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

bookmaker has Denver at +6
    Elevation only matters when you're going UP not down. If anything, nugs have more o2. Let's cash it!

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

It opened at +4.

Actually if Denver was the play, I'd say it'd be +2.5 or +3.
    No they would never make Portland that small of a fave at home against a comparable team.

celticsboy
    celticsboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1621

portland by 10, lets go !

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

anyone who thinks travel schedules do not matter in the NBA, needs a frontal lobotomy

Suarez
    Suarez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough play. Nuggets are looking awesome but Portland can pull off some crazy shit at the Rose Garden. Staying away.

GL!

12 Last