bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I love these kind of threads.

HighFive
    HighFive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

one hack in the NBA, players go down crying like their arm fell off.. NBA players have durable legs, NFL players are durable to 40+ full contact shots per Sunday.. Graham and Gates are the exception, they are the definition of hybrid.. Howard is too tall, would receive too many leg shots.. I do, however, believe Griffin and Bron-Bron are tough enough, and big enough to be dominating tight ends.. IMO, I think Westbrook, with the proper fundamentals, would be ridiculous corner

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    this thread is really awful and the argument made to support the claim in the opening post is also awful.

obviously more players will get into the NFL and there will be a lot more stories about people leaving basketball to join the NFL...

you know why?? cause the roster has 55 people whereas an nba roster usually has 10-15 MAX

in terms of "athleticism".... NFL wins HANDS down. bigger star players like ray lewis, patrick willis, suh, joshua cribbs, antonio gates, are way more athletic than bigger nba star players like tim duncan, paul gasol, shaq, etc.... in fact there is almost no comparison

"smaller" players, its about even. however, one could argue that due to the physical nature of football, smaller the players are even more athletic than the smaller nba players because they have to not only make plays with their arms and legs, but they also have to put the rest of their body on the line and also constantly get hit by guys who are bigger than them.

in my opinion, what jerome simpson did on sunday (front flipping over a grown man in order to get into the endzone) is no different than what vince carter accomplished in the slam dunk competition a few years ago. its all a matter of perspective.

the fact of the matter is, when it comes down to "athleticism" and factors that can measure ones athletic ability (40 yard dash, acceleration off the line, vertical leap, horizontal leap, etc etc etc) , the NFL is more or less parallel to the nba.

the argument you are making in the opening post is so rediculously flawed, that its pretty clear either A) you were sounding off in drunkeness after being able to jerk off to some nba for the first time in months or B) youve lost a lot of money in football, won some money on some nba ML's and all of a sudden feel the need to big up nba and put down nfl.

thread is garbage

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

great post 4th and stupid

i roasted barhma with your part b.... its an endless cycle

suck at nfl

i love nba

suck at nba

i love mlb

suck at mlb

i love nfl

repeat

PlayTheSpread
    PlayTheSpread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1651

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Shows you how much easier the NFL is than the NBA. NBA is the most select league in the world. LOL scrubs like Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham that have 0 shot to play in the NBA yet played basketball their whole lives and in college and only picked up a football a few times just go to the NFL and become stars instantly. The level of talent in the NBA is unmatched. Any PF in the NBA could play any offensive position in football except quarterback. If you think Jimmy Graham is a good tight end Blake Griffin Lebron or Dwight Howard would be studs in the NFL and wouldn't even have to know how to play football. As far as pure athleticism, the NFL is a joke compared to the NBA. That's all. Thanks and merry christmas.
    I can't believe I just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this thread and I'm wasting another minute to type this out but I've got to say this....are you fn kidding me? I completely agree that Howard is a beast could play in the NFL. His shoulders are as wide as my front door but just because he doesn't have a ring doesn't mean the NBA is more athletic. News flash bro....it's a team sport...he's sure as hell not athletic enough to win individually.

DoubleRedDragon
    DoubleRedDragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 519

stop bumping this thread. it's seriously a waste of space. Please.

Edit: and also show some respect to the players. They're out there competing and we're lucky to even be able to bet on these games. They are top class athletes, no doubt about it.
    Last edited by DoubleRedDragon; 12-26-11 at 10:31 AM.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

NBA the worst league of the big 4 to watch by far

NFL #1 by the way

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    one good shot to howard's knees Plus he would need to be able to catch
    yup. Randy Moss is strong.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 4TH AND STUPID View Post
    this thread is really awful and the argument made to support the claim in the opening post is also awful. obviously more players will get into the NFL and there will be a lot more stories about people leaving basketball to join the NFL... you know why?? cause the roster has 55 people whereas an nba roster usually has 10-15 MAX in terms of "athleticism".... NFL wins HANDS down. bigger star players like ray lewis, patrick willis, suh, joshua cribbs, antonio gates, are way more athletic than bigger nba star players like tim duncan, paul gasol, shaq, etc.... in fact there is almost no comparison "smaller" players, its about even. however, one could argue that due to the physical nature of football, smaller the players are even more athletic than the smaller nba players because they have to not only make plays with their arms and legs, but they also have to put the rest of their body on the line and also constantly get hit by guys who are bigger than them. in my opinion, what jerome simpson did on sunday (front flipping over a grown man in order to get into the endzone) is no different than what vince carter accomplished in the slam dunk competition a few years ago. its all a matter of perspective. the fact of the matter is, when it comes down to "athleticism" and factors that can measure ones athletic ability (40 yard dash, acceleration off the line, vertical leap, horizontal leap, etc etc etc) , the NFL is more or less parallel to the nba. the argument you are making in the opening post is so rediculously flawed, that its pretty clear either A) you were sounding off in drunkeness after being able to jerk off to some nba for the first time in months or B) youve lost a lot of money in football, won some money on some nba ML's and all of a sudden feel the need to big up nba and put down nfl. thread is garbage
    I'm up units in NFL this year. Dwight Howard stronger than any player in NFL, end of story. Hey jimmy graham, you suck at basketball? hey just pick up a football, you'll be a superstar in the NFL.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6771

Shows you how much easier the NFL is than the NBA.

NBA is the most select league in the world.

LOL scrubs like Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham that have 0 shot to play in the NBA yet played basketball their whole lives and in college and only picked up a football a few times just go to the NFL and become stars instantly.

The level of talent in the NBA is unmatched. Any PF in the NBA could play any offensive position in football except quarterback. If you think Jimmy Graham is a good tight end Blake Griffin Lebron or Dwight Howard would be studs in the NFL and wouldn't even have to know how to play football.

As far as pure athleticism, the NFL is a joke compared to the NBA.

That's all.

Thanks and merry christmas.
    this right here proves how dumb you really are

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

NBA Players are pussy's compared to NHL Players!!! word.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

If Paul Pierce or D-Wade took one hit from an NFL player they would be crying like little girls and I don't think they have wheelchairs on NFL sidelines. It would be interesting to see Howard and LeBron in the NFL though.

ImakeBets
    ImakeBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I thought this was a NFL BETTING forum????

Goat Milk

Wade- 6'4 240 pounds pure muscle.

Randy Moss/Jerry Rice/Brandon Lloyd.

Yup if Brandon Lloyd can take a hit over the middle wearing pads then I'm sure Wade has no chance

Nothing futher

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Impossible comparison to make. To attempt to do so is not only retarded but it's childish. If you need attention this badly you should just keep starting those ridiculous threads on your Red Wings' wagers, Goat Milk. Keep your stupidity limited and whatnot.

God bless.

rapidfire5
    Update Status
    rapidfire5's Avatar Become A Pro!

dumbest thread i've read in my life

psycho44
    psycho44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

you do know some offensive lineman compete in the world's strongest man competition and some football player's are track stars. Don't know how you can compare strength of a basketball player versus a football player when basketball is mainly a run and shoot game.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

mods, please move this thread to the Mongoloid forum.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Goat this thread is seriously retarded

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

One major difference between the NBA and the NFL is steroids. Even the kickers in the NFL are on the sauce. While I am sure some NBA players do take steroids, a lot of them don't. Can Kevin Durant bench press 95 pounds yet? Of course Lebron and Howard are both freaks of nature that could play any sport they chose and they would excel at it, but the sport I would like to see them play the most is soccer. Can you imagine Lebron or Howard putting headers in the back of the net for team USA in the world cup? Those guys could dominate on athletic ability alone. Did anyone see that Bengals receiver do a front flip 8 feet in the air over a defender to get in the end zone? You're telling me he couldn't dunk on somebody after seeing him do that shit?

Blackroc78
    Blackroc78's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shows you how much easier the NFL is than the NBA.

NBA is the most select league in the world.

LOL scrubs like Antonio Gates and Jimmy Graham that have 0 shot to play in the NBA yet played basketball their whole lives and in college and only picked up a football a few times just go to the NFL and become stars instantly.

The level of talent in the NBA is unmatched. Any PF in the NBA could play any offensive position in football except quarterback. If you think Jimmy Graham is a good tight end Blake Griffin Lebron or Dwight Howard would be studs in the NFL and wouldn't even have to know how to play football.

As far as pure athleticism, the NFL is a joke compared to the NBA.

That's all.

Thanks and merry christmas.

Wow! This guy a ******* idiot! Let me guess anyone suffering from anorexia can play in NBA?

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

The most atheletic people are in the NFL. The NBA does not compare.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Dwight Howard would make a great enforcer in the nhl too, but can he skate?

SportsPedagogy
    SportsPedagogy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

He is retired now, but Larry Allen would destroy Dwight Howard. (I remember you saying he would beat up any player in the NFL)

BoutDemCowboys
    BoutDemCowboys's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3124

Hahahahaha what an idiot! Dumbest thread. NBA is nothing but car-jackers in shorts! Wasting my time here

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Any PF in the NBA could play any offensive position in football except quarterback.
    lol, You notice that they all play tight end. That is a 'tweener position. They aren't big and strong enough to play guard or tackle and wouldn't be fast enough to play another skill position. However, Power they actually make decent tight ends because they have good hands and are much bigger than DBs. In general, NFL dbs are the best athletes you will see. They can dunk at 5'9", are the fastest players on the field, and are proportionately easily stronger. Their change of direction and acceleration is unparalleled.
    There isn't a single NBA power forward that ever lived that could bench press 700 lbs and do this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcWMC9vkZg

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

The one thing everyone is overlooking is toughness. The only kind of real toughness NBA players endure is mental and endurance over the course of the season.

The abuse NFL players take, the physical toughness of the trenches, of being hit at full speed, of being thrown down while in mid air, leaving it all on the line... that's something no NBA player ever does.

Fukk, I actually hate you Goat Milk for being this stupid. Seriously.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Funny they are talking about just this on MNF....

First 12