ZigZags
    ZigZags's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

Quote Originally Posted by szyy604 View Post

i completely agree, anyone who thinks b2b2b matters that much to bet it blindly on the opening week of nba is insane. Do you guys realize the flight from LA to sac is like an hour???

Your missing the point here, which is that the lakers lost yesterday because they couldn't contain cousins. Plus, sac shot lights out yesterday. So now you have utah, who's playing their first game today. I know millsap is a game time decision, but they SHOULD win the low post battle. favors+millsap+kanter+ okur will beat gasol and mcroberts any day. Bottom line is vegas got this spot on imo. 4.5 is just enough for utah backers to not want to bet utah ats, really close spread and if lakers win i don't think it'll be that close. Much more value taking the utah ML or bet it live
    Okur isn't on the Jazz anymore.

sexmann
    sexmann's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10562

there are much more games on the card tonight ... just skip this one

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

I completely understand the Lakers fatigue argument,
    but I don't think they lose 2 home games in a row
    especially against a bunch of scrubs like the Jazz.

Baller85
    Baller85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Definitely going with Utah +4.5 on this one. I would probably stay away from the ML though.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I agree that it's overrated -- but in the Lakers' case, there may be something to it given the age and general shape of their star players (with Kobe and Pau already banged up).
    Well then the angle for taking Utah should be that the Lakers are banged up and just not as good of a team as they have been.

Playing B2B nights shouldn't effect the best athletes in the world that much.

"How is Fisher going to guard Harris?"

That has nothing to do with playing back to back. It has to do with match ups. See
    My point?

When teams go on the road and play B2B, they probably have a goal of splitting the games or winning at least one. That's probably why you see them struggle in the second game as opposed ti the first game if they win. They relax a bit because psychologically, they already accomplished their goal.

These guys practice everyday. I don't see how they could be tired after having to play two 48 minute games in two days.

How do you guys think athletes train anyway? Guys like Jordan were hitting the weighs for over an hour everyday at 6 a.m. Did they get overworked from working out two days in a row?? Lmao.

Didn't Uconn win 4 games in 4 days to win the Big Easy tournement? That didn't hurt a bunch of college kids.

The game is 48 minutes with tons of timeouts, stoppages in play, and halftimes. Not to mention players come out for periods of time. I would venture to guess that these guys have a lot harder off-season workouts that are part if their daily routine.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 12-27-11 at 03:51 PM.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

I dont see how the lakers are favored by this much on their 3rd b2b game.. yes they are looking for that 1st win but damn.., books are saying jazz must suck

reallydog
    reallydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

what you have to realize is that the Lakers are used to winning. yes they are short handed and tired from playing 2 games already, but do you honestly think they will go 0-3, with 2 losses at home. they will give a max effort tonight and utah is a terrible road team. Kobe has to much pride, look for him to get over 35 tonight. im actually taking lakers ml tonight -210. i just dont see them going 0-3 against one of the worst road teams, kobe will be too pissed to be tired and teammates will follow his energy and lead tonight.

reallydog

There is also lots of pressure on the new coach to win a game so he will be all over them if they dont hussle on defense

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by reallydog View Post
    what you have to realize is that the Lakers are used to winning. yes they are short handed and tired from playing 2 games already, but do you honestly think they will go 0-3, with 2 losses at home. they will give a max effort tonight and utah is a terrible road team. Kobe has to much pride, look for him to get over 35 tonight. im actually taking lakers ml tonight -210. i just dont see them going 0-3 against one of the worst road teams, kobe will be too pissed to be tired and teammates will follow his energy and lead tonight.

So they weren't trying the first two games but will try now because they are a winning team and don't want to go 0-3?

In that case, I will take Jazz...

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZags View Post
    Okur isn't on the Jazz anymore.
    Yeah...you have to love people that are really confident on a side and don't even know who is on the team.

It's kind if reminds me of people telling me Texas would beat OU this year because they were the home team. (Game is on a neutral field).

Or

People taking the under in a bowl game because it's played in Detroit. (Bowl game was in a dome).

I think the line is about right. I would play LA but am laying off.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

i don't see how you can say 3 games in 3 days is not bad against a team that is completely fresh

plus the lakers aren't that good anyway

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Utah will try really hard to give the Lakers their 3rd straight loss, cant wait to see Raja Bell against Kobe,
    not a fan of Bell's offensive game, not sure how he's still starting in this league, but I love his feistiness.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    i don't see how you can say 3 games in 3 days is not bad against a team that is completely fresh plus the lakers aren't that good anyway
    Then go big on Utah, on the road, against the Lakers.

smallbluedonkey
    smallbluedonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 933

b2b2b stats from 1998
    Teams playing their third game in 3 days:
    35-28-1 ATS (23-8-1 on the road, 12-20-0 at home)
    37-27-0 O/U (17-15-0 on the road, 20-12-0 at home)

So the stats from 1998 say bet UTAH and the OVER

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Same thing was said 1000 times last year when Lakers lost to Utah and Indiana, everybody said no way the Lakers lose 3 straight, they went on to lose
    the next two also.
    Last edited by BernardMadoff; 12-27-11 at 05:41 PM.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Besides Utah did beat them last year at Staples, with Bynum having 23 boards.

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

I'm a fan of Utahs youth...I think favors and hayward will suprise people watching the game tonight..Ive already made my points, but anyways should be fun to watch...either way Ill enjoy seeing how kobe responds to this early season adversity

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    I completely understand the Lakers fatigue argument,
    but I don't think they lose 2 home games in a row
    especially against a bunch of scrubs like the Jazz.
    I expect you to know better.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

There is also lots of pressure on the new coach to win a game so he will be all over them if they dont hussle on defense
    Im sure he was on them for the first two games also.

BettingWizard

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Then go big on Utah, on the road, against the Lakers.
    OK

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

bad bet considering utah is now +5.5

bringdownthehous

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    we'll be okay...public always bets on the "lakers"...the name that is haha, half of the public prob thinks bynums playing tonight lol

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    LOL at people loading up on the Jazz.

This isn't the Bulls and this isn't the Kings at home opening night. That was a huge game for Sacramento for a variety of reasons.

I realize the public typically always like the Lakers but I feel like this is a good spot to play them. How tired can they be? They have been off all winter and have only played two games.

I would worry more about the injuries if anything.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by bringdownthehous View Post
    we'll be okay...public always bets on the "lakers"...the name that is haha, half of the public prob thinks bynums playing tonight lol
    And some of the people in this thread that are taking Utah think that Okur is still on the team. LOL.

bringdownthehous

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    And some of the people in this thread that are taking Utah think that Okur is still on the team. LOL.
    Haha can't argue with that one lol...wasn't me

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

Lakers under 95.5?????

reallydog

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Same thing was said 1000 times last year when Lakers lost to Utah and Indiana, everybody said no way the Lakers lose 3 straight, they went on to lose the next two also.
    you are correct, but not to go down 0-3 after so many people are saying they are done. of course they were trying to win the first 2 games but we all know there are times where the team has something extra to prove and they just husstle more. we have all seen it a million times. I hope im right, we will find out soon. gl to all

BettingWizard

wtf when does the game start?

MatI

started

Antwon1825
    Antwon1825's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lakers are gunna stomp

bringdownthehous

Quote Originally Posted by Antwon1825 View Post
    Lakers are gunna stomp
    pretty easy to make a call half way thru the game....this game shud be a lot closer, utah jus cant finish at the rim right now

RITZ
    RITZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12473

Lakers are stomping/41-31 half but this is the NBA where no lead is safe and backdoors are left open.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

To take Utah here you have to be an idiot. You can "lean" it but to play it, you're nuts. Lakers are 0-2. Do you really think the Lakers are going to lose in Staple Center to a Jazz team who won't smell the playoffs and start 0-3? Unless backdoor, this is the safest bet this season so far.

MatI

Only 10 points to Lakers and utah shooting 26% to Lakers 40%. I think Jazz will cover this easy if they can hit at better %.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    About time someone says this. I think everyone is jumping to conclusions to quick on on these b2b2bs. It's not like Sacramento is a 5 hour flight to and from LA. It's just how will their legs hold up. I've already seen that Dexter is auto fading teams on their 3rd game in a row as long as their opponent has at least 1 day rest. I think that is a bit premature since we are yet to see how a team does in b2b2b situation. Lets be patient and see how this all plays out. But last time I checked, the Lakers still have Kobe and Gasol, and the Jazz were not very good last year, and this is in LA (but LA's home crowd sucks)
    how do you "wait" to see how it plays out? if you wait and watch that teams are terrible in this spot, then you jump on when you already missed say a 5-1 start.

chasing runs, hot handicappers etc is always a losing angle to take.

stick with something you believe in, and ride it out....

First 123 Last