TheUticaKid
    TheUticaKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

TheUticaKid's Thread For Bread

What's going on everyone?...I've been checking this site for years and never actually signed up...I just checked for advice here and there...I bet locally with the book using the Bovada (formerly known as Bodog) spread and wanted to start up a thread to give and get some advice and share whatever knowledge I have as well..I bet on everything! I am a big NBA fan and have no favorite team, so there's nothing biased determining my picks!

My 1 Unit bets = $50

Best of luck to everyone this NBA Season!

TheUticaKid

*Today's Picks*

1 Unit - Wizards -3.5
    1 Unit - Cavs/Raptors Under 196
    1 Unit - Lakers -2.5

1 Unit to win 6 Units - Wizards - 3.5...Cavs/Raptors Under 196...Lakers -2.5

TheUticaKid

Shitty night after a perfect opening Christmas Day is disappointing...but still ahead!
    On Christmas I won 1 Unit on the Over in the Mavs/Heat game at 189 and...
    Won 6 Units on a parlay with the Lakers +5.5...Thunder -7.5....Clips -6 plus each team flat for 1 Unit

My account was not verified so I could not post and it was Christmas...so I was preoccupied
    Anyways..I'm now at 4-3 with flat bets and 1-1 with parlays for a total of +6 Units for the NBA Season
    Here's what I have for tonight with write-ups for my picks that I didn't have the time to write up yesterday Maybe had I did one the outcome would of been better.

So maybe Kris Humphries isn't the bum the media wants everyone to perceive him to be (for no-good reason), and aside only from falling victim to a family of rich whores with no morals and a twisted idea on reality, his NBA career (all I'm concerned with) hasn't been too shabby. Even amongst the abundance of fans booing him, it quickly tapered off after the first quarter once the Wizards decided they didn't want to win games this year either. But don't let a win over a Wizards team full of talent that doesn't know what to do with it have you believing the Nets will contend for anything other than a top lottery draft pick. D-Will is a stud and is going to win a few games single-handily, but not many against quality teams like the Hawks especially without Brook Lopez or a consistent scorer for Williams to distribute to. Sure the Nets have some good 3-point threats to compliment D-Will's style but they're inconsistent, and that will get you behind quick against a good team that is far more physical & athletic than the Nets. Don't expect a Hawks team to get out-rebounded by almost 20 boards either like the Wizards were. Even being just a stones throw away and it being their home opener, the Nets are still playing a back-to-back that I don't see them being able to hang around very long in, much like the beginning to last nights Wizards game without the collapse. The Hawks coast to an easy cover.

Maybe the 2012 NBA Season is primed to be the passing of the torch. The teams we've been so accustomed to see winning (Lakers, Celtics, Spurs), and at a high level, have been getting older and older in-front of our eyes and the younger smaller market teams (Thunder, Grizzlies, Pacers) are set to take the spotlight. With the level of talent per team much higher than ever before in the NBA, when a team starts to show age they tend to fall behind. It's not to say they won't be back, but just that they might be M.I.A. for a little while. Welcome to the Boston Celtics season. A team that has seen a great deal of a success is going to need to get younger before they get any better, especially with the injuries the team has faced since their championship run. Even with an elite point guard they are no-longer "THE" Big 3 in the East and tonight's game with the Heat will further display that. It's looking like Pierce will not play again, and even though the Celts kept it close on Christmas, it was more so the Knicks lack of defense and a pathetic 3rd quarter that prevented a blowout win for the Knicks as opposed to the nail-biter. On the other hand, the Heat traveled to the defending NBA Champs house and ended the game by the half. The Mavs are a similar team in-regards to conditioning as the Celtics and are no comparison to a team with legs like the Heat. This shortened season is going to take a big toll on older teams like Boston be it less time to get up-to-speed or the back-to-back-to-backs. Expect the Heat to get up early on the Celts like the Knicks did, but not look back. I don't know if Pierce even plays that it makes a difference in this game even with the inflated spread. Miami has won their last 4 games at home by at least 9 points against healthy Boston teams. The Heat are just beginning their tear, so get on board.

The Lakers can't go 0-3 to start the season, can they? Well they probably could..but I don't see that happening, although I do see a close enough game where the Jazz cover. Even at home I don't see an older and tired Lakers team playing too explosive (maybe angry) tonight at the end of a back-to-back-to-back to open the season. The absence of Bynum and the presence of Al Jefferson, Millsap & Favors are too much for the weak Lakers frontcourt and the edge Kobe gives the Lakers over the Jazz backcourt (and almost any team for that matter) may be mentally diminishing with all the media surrounding him and his personal issues as he just doesn't seem to be himself. The game is in Los Angeles so I don't see the Lakers falling completely flat, and I could even see Kobe hitting a game winner to stop some of the grumbling. But in the end the Jazz cash in with the points.

*Today's Picks*

1 Unit - Hawks -4.5
    1 Unit - Heat -9.5
    1 Unit - Jazz +5.5

1 Unit to win 6 Units - Hawks -4.5...Heat -9.5...Jazz +5.5

Last edited by TheUticaKid; 12-27-11 at 03:38 PM.