cleaveland
    cleaveland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1358

Lakers +7 at Kings means Kings = Lakers?

If a road game on a second of back to back is worth 2.5 points that means that basically the oddsmakers consider the Kings to be equal to the Lakers sans Bynum. Is that right or is there something wrong with my logic? And, where are we the Twilight Zone?

Koldazzice
    Koldazzice's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4257

I expect the line to drop but you factor this is just not any back to back. xmas day game after a big loss in a game they should of won. Emotionally then having to travel on xmas up to sac. Sac was at home relaxing waiting to play LA and the crowd will be loud and the players into the game. Think the line is about right but wouldn't be surprised if it settles around 5 ish

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

kings 1st qrtr anyone?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

When was the last time the Lakers were 7 point underdogs in Sacramento? Wow. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the line. Lakers +7 seems like a great play.

Before I saw the line, I was thinking the Lakers would be favored by a point or two. Line seems way off. I know it is a back to back, but c'mon, these guys have been resting the past 6 months. Lakers will keep it close.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

cleaveland

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    When was the last time the Lakers were 7 point underdogs in Sacramento? Wow. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the line. Lakers +7 seems like a great play.

Before I saw the line, I was thinking the Lakers would be favored by a point or two. Line seems way off. I know it is a back to back, but c'mon, these guys have been resting the past 6 months. Lakers will keep it close.
    The possibly deciding factor that few here may be considering:

If the Lakers are in a hole in the second half they may wave the white flag and save their energy for Tuesday's game against the Jazz. Welcome back to the land of back to back to backs thanks to another lockout. This is gonna be an interesting season.
    Last edited by cleaveland; 12-26-11 at 05:00 AM.

cleaveland

Another thing worth mentioning is that you can be certain the oddsmakers have done the research and they know how many points the middle game of a back to back to back is worth (especially when it's on the road), I'm sure none of us know that but the real experts do...they're out there somewhere.

Now the line is starting to make more sense indeed.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Everyone in the town of Sac hatew the Lake Sho. Fans, and players will put on a playoff performance.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Why was this game taken off the board? for kobe health? Lakers really dont have much of a chance if Kobe isnt playing

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

must have been a line error, Lakers are -3 now

GREGREEK
    GREGREEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

I have -3 as well

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

trap game?...really wanna throw lakers in a ml parlay but havin second thoughts

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I think right now, you just take whoever the underdog is in Lakers games

demens
    Square -910
    demens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Clearly a line error.

-2.5 for LA smells fishy. It just goes to show that books have no idea what to make of this team. 90% on LA line dipped from 3 to 2.5.

Well, actually it seems the books DO know what to make of LAL as they are clearly betting against them. Not so sure about that, they looked pretty damn OK last night vs a very good team. Was it all motivation, Christmas day, hype (or no-hype i should say)?