will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

D'antoni thinking NBA Title--radio link included

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio-on...ke-francesa-1/

Click on Mike D'antoni interview. This is the best sports radio station (1st one to ever exist 24 hours a day)---WFAN--NY/NJ

D'antoni thinks the Knicks are "elite" status and contend for championship

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

they are. probably third best team in the east after boston and miami

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Anyone that has Anthony on their team is automatically eliminated

He is a loser

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

The Knucks are going to be a speed bump for Miami, Chicago, and others

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The team would probably do better with a different coach... but he's right about them being a contender that should be a 3-4 seed.

phillysfinest4
    phillysfinest4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Too many solid teams in east. Its top heavy about 6 deep

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

you have to be an extreme homer or extremely clueless , or both, if you think this team is a championship contender right now...

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    they are. probably third best team in the east after boston and miami
    Boston? I think boston is 4 after Miami, Chicago, new york.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    you have to be an extreme homer or extremely clueless , or both, if you think this team is a championship contender right now...
    They played an entire season with turiaf at center. Adding a defensive monster like Tyson makes them contenders right now, although the back court is a major concern. Not that it matter much when the ball will run through Carmelo and amare anyway.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by phillysfinest4 View Post
    Too many solid teams in east. Its top heavy about 6 deep
    In part. The Heat and Bulls are the definitive #1/#2 teams in the East. No contest. Then come the second tier teams in transition that will take up the 3-7 spots.

Losing ground: Magic, Hawks, Celtics
    Gaining ground: Knicks, Sixers

Then the Bucks or Pacers will probably take the #8 spot, however any of those 3-7 teams could fall apart or pull themselves up depending on health/luck. A lot is up in the air with all of them.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    In part. The Heat and Bulls are the definitive #1/#2 teams in the East. No contest. Then come the second tier teams in transition that will take up the 3-7 spots.

Losing ground: Magic, Hawks, Celtics
    Gaining ground: Knicks, Sixers

Then the Bucks or Pacers will probably take the #8 spot, however any of those 3-7 teams could fall apart or pull themselves up depending on health/luck. A lot is up in the air with all of them.
    Don't sleep on Indiana, they added George hill and David west. I think they may sneak into 5 or 6.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

He can think all he wants but that Euro mentality of outscore your opponents and play no defense will never win in this league.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Don't sleep on Indiana, they added George hill and David west. I think they may sneak into 5 or 6.
    Not sleeping on them at all. I think they'll be a great bet ATS this season, however, I really doubt that it will translate into a higher seed than 7-8 unless the teams above them really fall off the rails. I'd say they're in a great spot to capitalize on the mistakes of other eastern teams, but they also have a long way to go.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Not sleeping on them at all. I think they'll be a great bet ATS this season, however, I really doubt that it will translate into a higher seed than 7-8 unless the teams above them really fall off the rails. I'd say they're in a great spot to capitalize on the mistakes of other eastern teams, but they also have a long way to go.
    Yea I agree, I was thinking Orlando and Atlanta falling back would open the door. But I guess we really don't know how anyone will do with all the back to backs and the two back to back to backs. I'd say your right though 7 sounds about right

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a Knicks fan and I think this guy and this team is a joke. Worry about defense first and foremost.

Goat Milk

Boston? I think boston is 4 after Miami, Chicago, new york.
    I hope Chicago plays the Knicks in the playoffs because Chicago will lose. Everyone on this site is so high on the Bulls like they are something special. They had a joke of a path to the ECF, having to play Indy and ATL, and struggling to beat the Pacers, no less. Meanwhile Miami was playing a very talented sixer team (who will be in the playoffs again this year prbably) and Boston. If you take Thibbedue off that team they are a 6 seed at best.

If Boston played Chicago in a 7 game series right now there is no doubt in my mind who would win that series.

zsr

I hope Chicago plays the Knicks in the playoffs because Chicago will lose. Everyone on this site is so high on the Bulls like they are something special. If you take Thibbedue off that team they are a 6 seed at best.
    Lol. They were 2 missed game winners from beating Miami. That doesn't even answer the question of how is Boston number 2? Btw, the Knicks would beat miami in a playoff series as well. I know you think Miami is the best thing since sliced bread, there not. Showed last year. Will show again this year.

zsr

Are you joking? A talented Philly team?

Goat Milk

Lol. They were 2 missed game winners from beating Miami. That doesn't even answer the question of how is Boston number 2? Btw, the Knicks would beat miami in a playoff series as well. I know you think Miami is the best thing since sliced bread, there not. Showed last year. Will show again this year.
    ZSR, Miami got to the NBA finals playing average basketball. Chicago got to the ECF playing their hearts out. Dallas beat Miami playing the series of their lives, Dirk having the series of his life. You realize this right?

edit- also bulls lost in 5, so no they weren't 2 game winners away

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phila very underrated, they came on strong last year

zsr

ZSR, Miami got to the NBA finals playing average basketball. Chicago got to the ECF playing their hearts out. Dallas beat Miami playing the series of their lives, Dirk having the series of his life. You realize this right?

edit- also bulls lost in 5, so no they weren't 2 game winners away
    Dirk played bad in game 6. I didn't say the bulls were going to win a championship, I said Miami isn't.

I meant they would of been up 3-1, basically ending the series. Like I said, you want to put Miami on the level of teams like th Kobe/Shaq lakers and the jordan bulls, Miami is not that team. We saw it last year. They did nothing to improve there weaknesses.

zsr

You also seem to forget that boozer was hurt and averaged 10 points a game in that series. The bulls would destroy Boston in the playoffs.

Goat Milk

Dirk played bad in game 6. I didn't say the bulls were going to win a championship, I said Miami isn't. I meant they would of been up 3-1, basically ending the series. Like I said, you want to put Miami on the level of teams like th Kobe/Shaq lakers and the bulls, Miami is not that team. We saw it last year. They did nothing to improve there weaknesses.
    Lebron is a different player. The team will have a different chemistry this year. I thought Miami would win it all last year. But to be honest they played some horrible basketball in the playoffs save for the clutch moments of 4th quarters when Wade and Lebron bailed them out many times. And their bench consisted of guys like Bibby, Big Z, Maglore. They dropped all these guys. Riley will bring in better pieces. Haslem never had time to adjust really. Miller was a non-factor.

1. Bro, Pat Riley is not an idiot.
    2. Wade had the worst playoff series of his career against Bulls (that's saying a lot considering how many playoff games he has played)
    3. As much as people don't want to see Lebron James win a ring, just look at it unbiasedly. The guy is a narcissist but who cares, I watch the NBA for the game. You can't deny that when its all said and done the Heat have two of the 15 greatest players in NBA history on 1 team, and 2 of the 3 greatest in the world, and the only other time that's been done (arguably) is when Kobe and Shaq won 3 straight.

Goat Milk

ZR,

I'll take Miami to win the East and I'll let you take any 2 teams in the East. We'll transfer all our daily points somewhere and collect at the end of the year. I'll also let you do this for the championship. I'll take Miami and let you take any 2 teams in the league.

I will always call at least 1 team that will be in the NBA finals. Miami last year and had both Boston and LA making it out of their respective conferences the year before on this site.

zsr

They didn't upgrade there bench at all. There rotation is going to be the big 3, chalmers, Joel anthony, battier, mike miller, haslem, Norris Cole maybe? I guess mike miller being healthy adds a dynamic, battier was a strange signing since they already have Lebron to lock down the opponents best player.

You have to look at it deeper than Lebron and wade being 2 of the greatest of all time. They can't feed the post, be realistic bosh is a soft face up player. You think they'll be able to beat new York in a playoff series? I know you think the bulls suck, but rip can defend wade like bogans did, a healthy boozer last year and there's no doubt in my mind the bulls win that series. Now, if they get out of the east can they beat OKC? Can they beat the lakers? I think the answer is no.

zsr

ZR,

I'll take Miami to win the East and I'll let you take any 2 teams in the East. We'll transfer all our daily points somewhere and collect at the end of the year. I'll also let you do this for the championship. I'll take Miami and let you take any 2 teams in the league.

I will always call at least 1 team that will be in the NBA finals. Miami last year and had both Boston and LA making it out of their respective conferences the year before on this site.
    Sorry man, borrowed 1k from somebody and still owe 800. I would love to do this though

Goat Milk

They didn't upgrade there bench at all. There rotation is going to be the big 3, charmers, Joel anthony, battier, mike miller, haslem, Norris Cole maybe? I guess mike miller being healthy adds a dynamic, battier was a strange signing since they already have Lebron to lock down the opponents best player. You have to look at it deeper than Lebron and wade being 2 of the greatest of all time. They can't feed the post, be realistic bosh is a soft face up player. You think they'll be able to beat new York in a playoff series? I know you think the bulls suck, but rip can defend wade like bogans did, a healthy boozer last year and there's no doubt in my mind the bulls win that series. Now, if they get out of the east can they beat OKC? Can they beat the lakers? I think the answer is no.
    1. I watched Rip Hamilton in my home city of Detroit for the past decade. The guy can't defend Dwayne Wade. He is not a good defender like Bogan or Brewer. Let's settle down. Rip's career is over. We are maybe talking about the best offensive player in the NBA in Dwayne Wade...

2. Chris Bosh gained 10-15 pounds.

3. Lebron developed a post game. Lebron weights 270 pounds. Don't listen to NBA.com. Lebron weights more than most PF's in the NBA. He weighs more than Amare.

4. Boozer and Gasol have both struggled playing face-up PF's their whole careers. That's why Gasol has been abused time and time again by Amare stoudemire in the playoffs.

5. Oklahoma City has a 0 percent chance to win more than 1 game against Miami. If anyone has a chance to take 2+ games against Miami in the finals its Bryant (although he's not getting to the finals with this roster, not even a chance), Dallas, or this new Clippers team if they somehow get hot at the right time.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    The Knucks are going to be a speed bump for Miami, Chicago, and others
    chicago blows we used them as a speed bump in the reg. season

Goat Milk

oh alright. Well if you figure out a way that we can bet, let me know. I'm open to any amount in cash as well up to $500

phillysfinest4
    phillysfinest4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 834

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Phila very underrated, they came on strong last year
    Agreed. They just don't have the firepower to hang with the big boys. If jodie lou and jrue r banging 3s, et getting 15 and 8 a game, with hawes and brand taking up space, then they can steal some games and be that 4th or 5thmore team out of the east
    Last edited by phillysfinest4; 12-16-11 at 08:36 PM.

zsr

Come on now, you know rip hasn't been engaged in any game for the last 2 years. Hes a gritty tough, long player and can bother wade. Bosh will never be a legitimate post up player no matter how big he gets. Noah guards bosh anyway, otherwise yes bosh would just destroy boozer. No argument about that. Completely disagree number 5, I don't think Miami even makes it there, but if they do I don't think they can beat anybody coming out of the west.

Theres really no reason to keep arguing, neither of us are going to change are minds about this. Season starts next week so the time for talk will be over.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-16-11 at 08:42 PM.

zsr

oh alright. Well if you figure out a way that we can bet, let me know. I'm open to any amount in cash as well up to $500
    I think anything cash is against the rules here, we don't wanna get banned. I'll pm you when I pay off the guy and we can work out something for points.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Dirk played bad in game 6. I didn't say the bulls were going to win a championship, I said Miami isn't. I meant they would of been up 3-1, basically ending the series. Like I said, you want to put Miami on the level of teams like th Kobe/Shaq lakers and the jordan bulls, Miami is not that team. We saw it last year. They did nothing to improve there weaknesses.
    Disagree. Battier was a smart addition to an already extremely talented team. Chalmers and Jones are one year more experienced, Bosh has bulked up and really embraced the need to be a more physical presence in the paint, Haslem is healthy, and overall the team is past the awkward period they had to start the season last year where expectations were through the roof and team chemistry was at its lowest point.

This Heat team is a much better team than what they had to start the year in 2010, and the small amount of turnover in roster moves will serve them better than if they had tried to make a drastic addition to the team.

Goat Milk

Come on now, you know rip hasn't been engaged in any game for the last 2 years. Hes a gritty tough, long player and can bother wade. Bosh will never be a legitimate post up player no matter how big he gets. Noah guards bosh anyway, otherwise yes bosh would just destroy boozer. No argument about that. Completely disagree number 5, I don't think Miami even makes it there, but if they do I don't think they can beat anybody coming out of the west. Theres really no reason to keep arguing, neither of us are going to change are minds about this. Season starts next week so the time for talk will be over.
    lol I can let you keep all your arguments if you want but you will not get away with the Hamilton one. Hamilton cannot guard Dwayne Wade. He was the worst defender the pistons had on our championship team and all those ECF's runs we made. Rip is notoriously a horrible defender. Wade just too strong and fast for a guy like that. Bogans/Brewer much better defenders.

zsr

Goat, look back at the pistons heat playoff battles. Rip guarded Dwayne wade every single game.

123 Last