hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I assumed you knew what you were talking about when you responded in the thread.

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Wow, Chauncey gets the short end of the stick again...

Great player who hasn't been utilized correctly since leaving Detroit.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by mattmc419 View Post
    Wow, Chauncey gets the short end of the stick again...

Great player who hasn't been utilized correctly since leaving Detroit.

Clippers are going to have to make him the starting two guard. What else do you do with him? He's not riding the bench and you can't trade him.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Paul.
    Billups.
    Butler.
    Griffin.
    Jordan.

Not a bad starting 5.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1515

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Paul.
    Billups.
    Butler.
    Griffin.
    Jordan.

Not a bad starting 5.
    It'll be fun to watch. There's a few West teams on the decline so if you can keep Paul after season 3.....

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Clippers are only paying 2 million for Billups, so anything they get out of him is plus money.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

this just made clippers a contender....CP3 to blake ????? how many top 10 highlights will they be in????

mattmc419
    mattmc419's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Clippers are going to have to make him the starting two guard. What else do you do with him? He's not riding the bench and you can't trade him.
    Yeah, but he isn't a shooting guard. He spent his years on the Pistons developing his game and becoming a great point guard. Making him change positions at this point in his career is dumb.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Why would they trade so much for Paul, does he really want to be a Clipper? Or is he just going to sign with Lakers when he is a free agent?

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    Why would they trade so much for Paul, does he really want to be a Clipper? Or is he just going to sign with Lakers when he is a free agent?
    number 1 he would sign with the knicks if he was a free agnt number 2 hes signing with the clip

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Paul.
    Billups.
    Butler.
    Griffin.
    Jordan.

Not a bad starting 5.
    Jordan signed with the Warriors. Clips need a big man bad.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

It will sell tickets. Gordon could be better than paul in 4 or 5 years, but NOW Paul is the name on everyone's lips. Never should have traded him. But I guess they wanted to sell some season tickets. Billups is cheap so he is almost free. And even though he is old he can teach these guys a few things. But I thikn Gordon was way too much to me it was an either or, you give hem Gordon OR the 1st rounder, not both. So I think they basically traded Gordon for 2 second round picks. Which isnt worth it.

So to me it was a here and now move. Clips could have stood pat and then looked to the draft, with the team they had befre the trade they were borderline play off team (barring injury) If they get the number one pick theyr then a top 3 team maybe next year, Gordon, Griffen, #1-3 pick, and whomever they could entice over to them with the bright future they were looking at. Now theyre probably a top 4 or 5 team. So not a real big improvement, and their future might not be as bright since they wont be getting a lottery pick. But They might have some wiggle room in terms of cap space next year, and who knows a second round pick might be a good change of pace for them.

But to me it is a a big move. They have two legit superstars now for sure. But Gordon could have been in time. So I imagine theyre looking at this year getting ticket sales up and making a move for another guy next year. And they can use Billups then, who will maybe put out nicely looking to impress some people. So Billups, those picks and maybe one other guy they make look good and they get a center to finish off the package. Or they could just break all the rules and talk to Howard and entice him to come to LA and they dont have to give up anything.

Clippers with those two names are actually a very attractive spot to play. It might not be Shaq and Kobe, but it isnt too far off, and as long as it isnt Kobe's attitude it probably makes it a more attractive spot for some guys.

thejrichshow85
    ban
    thejrichshow85's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    Jordan signed with the Warriors. Clips need a big man bad.
    clippers matched the offer sheet ...... warriors signed bum ass kwame brown

First 12