riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Lakers pulled out of CP3 deal because Stern denied 2nd deal....

incarceratedbob was the first person to report the initial CP3 trade via twitter. He is reporting that ESPN is doing David Stern's dirty work for him. The truth is Stern rejected the deal for a second time. The Lakers did not pull out of the Paul trade talks. They were forced out.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

yeah boy looks like my wish will be granted, but how about the dwight hedo for bynum + fillers and trade exception?
    at least i could get to see gasol again

riffraff24

We'll see what happens. You from LA?

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    We'll see what happens. You from LA?
    nope i am from the philippines, but i am a kobe fan/ laker fan

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

This guy also said earlier yesterday that the CP3 trade was "done"...and they'd be announcing it anytime. So i'm hesitant to believe anything he says.

And those tweets he made at 48min and 49min, WTF? does he really expect us to believe that all the media from every major news source, including bloggers, are in collusion to cover up for David Stern? and that he the only one in the media putting the truth out there? That's kind of far-fetched. I think he's just trying to cover his ass for making up bullshit earlier in the day about he deal being done, when it wasn't.

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    yeah boy looks like my wish will be granted, but how about the dwight hedo for bynum + fillers and trade exception? at least i could get to see gasol again
    I don't think we're getting Howard unless we give up both Pau and Bynum. Bynum and his knees won't be enough to get this deal done alone. Hopefully I'm wrong.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    This guy also said earlier yesterday that the CP3 trade was "done"...and they'd be announcing it anytime. So i'm hesitant to believe anything he says. And those tweets he made at 48min and 49min, WTF? does he really expect us to believe that all the media from every major news source, including bloggers, are in collusion to cover up for David Stern? and that he the only one in the media putting the truth out there? That's kind of far-fetched. I think he's just trying to cover his ass for making up bullshit earlier in the day about he deal being done, when it wasn't.
    Laker Nation is now reporting that Stern in fact DID block a second trade proposal. ******* wow. Just tell us who is winning the Finals you fuckin bastard

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post
    yeah boy looks like my wish will be granted, but how about the dwight hedo for bynum + fillers and trade exception? at least i could get to see gasol again
    bynum and fillers??? hahaha, like who, ron artest??
    u gonna have to give up gasol and bynum to get howard

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    bynum and fillers??? hahaha, like who, ron artest?? u gonna have to give up gasol and bynum to get howard
    True Story. If Lakers are smart, they go ahead and do the deal before Bynums knee goes out again.

Is Bynum and Gasol to much for Howard? Maybe. So what you do is trade Bynum/Gasol for Howard/Turkeyglue/Nelson....You get Howard, you take the horrible contract of Turkeyglue off Orlando, and you solve your PG situation.
    The Magic will do this b/c they get their new center, and could work with maybe the most dominant front court in the league, OR, they keep bynum, and trade gasol for something like Scola, Kevin Martin, Dragic, and a 1st rounder, which Houston is already willing to do.
    Leaving Orlando with 1-Dragic 2-Kevin Martin 3-Jason Richardson 4 Luis Scola 5- Andrew Bynum.. JJ Redick and Glen Davis as 6th and 7th men.

jsmithj88

True Story. If Lakers are smart, they go ahead and do the deal before Bynums knee goes out again. Is Bynum and Gasol to much for Howard? Maybe. So what you do is trade Bynum/Gasol for Howard/Turkeyglue/Nelson....You get Howard, you take the horrible contract of Turkeyglue off Orlando, and you solve your PG situation. The Magic will do this b/c they get their new center, and could work with maybe the most dominant front court in the league, OR, they keep bynum, and trade gasol for something like Scola, Kevin Martin, Dragic, and a 1st rounder, which Houston is already willing to do. Leaving Orlando with 1-Dragic 2-Kevin Martin 3-Jason Richardson 4 Luis Scola 5- Andrew Bynum.. JJ Redick and Glen Davis as 6th and 7th men.
    that dude was an idiot, bynum + "fillers".
    what kinda joke is that, ur trying to get by far the best center in the nba.
    houston is willing to give up kmart and scola, who are 2 GOOD, borderline all star players for gasol.
    they were gonna give up gasol AND odom for chris paul.
    the best u can do for howard is bynum and fillers,, HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAAA

i dunno wat the lakers are planning to do other than trade for howard
    cuz if they dont get him, they are screwed
    odom was a VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRRRY important part of their team
    the loss of shannon brown is also a big blow to their bench
    loss of their top 2 bench players will force more minutes on kobe, fisher, and a crazier ron artest

Tree Rollins

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    that dude was an idiot, bynum + "fillers". what kinda joke is that, ur trying to get by far the best center in the nba. houston is willing to give up kmart and scola, who are 2 GOOD, borderline all star players for gasol. they were gonna give up gasol AND odom for chris paul. the best u can do for howard is bynum and fillers,, HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAAA i dunno wat the lakers are planning to do other than trade for howard cuz if they dont get him, they are screwed odom was a VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRRRY important part of their team the loss of shannon brown is also a big blow to their bench loss of their top 2 bench players will force more minutes on kobe, fisher, and a crazier ron artest
    Yeah, i know that 'Bynum+filler' isn't going to get close to a deal.
    Bynum and Gasol, i think, gets a deal done. Not sure if LA will do it though. If Orlando throws in Nelson, and still makes LA take Turkeyglue's contract, i think it's a good deal for both sides. (Bynum/Gasol for Howard/Turkey/Nelson)....I really can't see how the Nets or Mavs can do better.
    As far as LA in its current state, they HAVE to do something. At this point, they have NO backup center, and NO backup PF. So, one way or another they're going to have to sign some people. Quickly. Fuk Stern.

jsmithj88

Yeah, i know that 'Bynum+filler' isn't going to get close to a deal. Bynum and Gasol, i think, gets a deal done. Not sure if LA will do it though. If Orlando throws in Nelson, and still makes LA take Turkeyglue's contract, i think it's a good deal for both sides. (Bynum/Gasol for Howard/Turkey/Nelson)....I really can't see how the Nets or Mavs can do better. As far as LA in its current state, they HAVE to do something. At this point, they have NO backup center, and NO backup PF. So, one way or another they're going to have to sign some people. Quickly. Fuk Stern.
    yup, lakers had 2 bench players that were of any importance and they are both gone now
    they are in serious trouble with that bench

in all honesty, the clippers are actually in position to get both paul and howard if they really wanted
    thats only if they are willing to give up griffin
    if it were me, i would trade griffin for howard