zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA fans. Goat Milk

Taking any MVP futures? I'm thinking it has to be durants time, who do you like?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Yeah I always take one before season starts. Got to wait for final rosters.

Post the odds of the main players if you get a chance.

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Yeah I always take one before season starts. Got to wait for final rosters.

Post the odds of the main players if you get a chance.
    Lebron +325
    Durant +400
    Rose +500
    Howard +650
    Kobe 700
    Wade 800

Carmelo is +1200, might be worth a small shot, if they get a 2 or 3 seed the media will be all over him for bringing basketball back to new york

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I hear Kobe has his bounce back after having that surgery over seas. If Lakers end up getting CP3 or Dwight it could also lift his chances. Might be worth a shot at 700...

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    I hear Kobe has his bounce back after having that surgery over seas. If Lakers end up getting CP3 or Dwight it could also lift his chances. Might be worth a shot at 700...
    I was thinking that too..you know hes gonna get his 25 26, with Paul taking some pressure off that would be worth a look. Or even Paul i think was 1200, he's never played with any talent, maybe he could go 20 15 and 5 with the lakers..

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Durant looks pretty legit but I wish he was more than +400.

As you know one of biggest things about MVP is team record. Bryant only has 1 MVP in his whole career. Depending on his record, he may win it because I know he is much fresher than last year. Bryant knows he was robbed last year by Rose. Bryant played unreal to end the season, especially during the Lakers 19-2 run or whatever it was. He was kind of absent at the very beginning and very end of the season and I think that sealed it for Rose.

I am pretty certain that as long as Dwight doesn't go to LA, Miami will end up with the best regular season record in the league next year. This leads me to believe that Wade at +800 or more might have value. The only problem is Lebron is a stat machine. Wade has improved his rebounding dramatically. He is only 6'4 and is snatching more than 6 rebounds per game last year. Also for his career, he averages over 1 block per game, a better per average than the 6'9ish Lebron.

Strictly because I know the Heat will finish with the best record, I may throw half a unit on Wade. Also guys like this win at least 1 MVP in their career. The Panel knows that Bryant is getting old and didn't Malone get the award once for that reason. Of course with good stats too

Carmello at +1200 has some nice value too.

Dwight HOward is in the discussion every year. We just need to see where he ends up and what his attitude is. If he goes to New Jersey, you can pretty much take him out of contention because he and Derron will have to define their roles.

Lebron will be in the top 3 again. I just would rather not see him win so wouldn't bet on him.

We'll discuss this again once everything is finalized.

zsr

Agreed.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-10-11 at 07:53 PM.