Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Knicks expected to waive Billups

What a stupid move.

With Tyson Chandler going to the knicks, I honestly believed that with Chauncey, the Knicks would be the second best team in the Eastern Conference. They have 3 of the top 5 forwards in the world.

Now you get rid of a floor general that has been in a conference finals like 7 out of the last 10 years.

they are losing one of the best leaders in the NBA, which is exactly what the Knicks needed.

They will fall short of making a finals appearance this year and this will be the reason why.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

They have to waive him, out of money. Either tyson or Chauncey and that's an easy choice.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    They have to waive him, out of money. Either tyson or Chauncey and that's an easy choice.
    i think they should try to keep him and pay chandler less money.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

They already waived Billups...

Past-tense

zsr

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I was thinking after they amnesty him maybe he comes back for the minimum? Not likely but still..but yea there back court is going to be atrocious, along with an atrocious bench, hopefully Tyson holds up. I always liked Chauncey

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hopefully he comes back to Detroit

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Toney Douglas is more than capable of running the the offense as it's going through Melo first anyhow

As someone above said they had to l et him go his legs are shot anyway

The Knicks now have the best front Court in the NBA

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I think he will take the year off, or go play for Denver. Reasoning being its his home town.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Toney Douglas is more than capable of running the the offense as it's going through Melo first anyhow As someone above said they had to l et him go his legs are shot anyway The Knicks now have the best front Court in the NBA
    Toney Douglas is not a true pg. Yeah he can score, but doesn't know how to distribute. Amare in a pick and roll situation with a smart pg is unstoppable, as we saw in phx for so many years.

zsr

Toney Douglas is more than capable of running the the offense as it's going through Melo first anyhow

As someone above said they had to l et him go his legs are shot anyway

The Knicks now have the best front Court in the NBA
    Your right, they don't need a legit point guard since there top 2 players are ball stoppers anyway. Landry fields is not a starter though. What a terrible 2nd half he had last year.
    Last edited by zsr; 12-09-11 at 06:54 PM.

zsr

What about arenas for vets minimum?

zoo youk

Toney Douglas is not a true pg. Yeah he can score, but doesn't know how to distribute. Amare in a pick and roll situation with a smart pg is unstoppable, as we saw in phx for so many years.
    Do you understand basketball? I said the offense is going to run through Melo first. He doesnt need to be a so called ball distributor

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

obviously they have someone else in mind no chance they dont add another PG

Goat Milk

Do you understand basketball? I said the offense is going to run through Melo first. He doesnt need to be a so called ball distributor
    Yeah, because Mello iso on every play like he's done his whole career has won him rings.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Love to see the spurs get him. Give him 22 minutes backing up Parker. He is still a defensive force and 3 point threat. He just can't do 40 mins.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

trade amare or melo for cp3.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

who cares chauncey cant drive to the rim no more time for the douglas era bettr respect his 3ptr

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    trade amare or melo for cp3.
    Word is Amare may go for Cp3

KingJD31

were not trading stat..........this shit goes beyond bball stat took us out of the basement and by himself took us the playoffs...........he just set the knick record for consecutive 30 pt gms................we dont need an elite pg to win

KingJD31

we got chandler for d and rebounds stat for rebounds and o melo beats lebron every gm heads up thats the core for atleast the next 4 years and we build around that

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

he can work on a horse farm.

he's the closest thing to Mr. Ed since Rebecca Lobo. insert horse emoticon here

KingJD31

fire coach pringles and make mike woodson the hc and right there were atleast top 3 east team

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I think he will take the year off, or go play for Denver. Reasoning being its his home town.
    take a year off, he may only have a year left in his whole career.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think Stoudemire is on the trading block
    over rated

Tree Rollins
    Tree Rollins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1029

The Hornets refused that offer within about 5 seconds. At least that's what they're saying, and i wouldn't expect them to do anything else.

Why lock in Amare Stoudemire for 4 years at $85 million when you know he'd be pissed to have to play in New Orleans and he has bad knees that might not last more then another year or so. Makes no sense.

Tree Rollins

You think he would come play for half of what he's being offered everywhere else? Because that's what he would have to do to sign with the Knicks and allow them to still keep Chauncey. I don't know about you, but I'm not taking 4 yrs. 20 Million when i can get 4 years 60 million. That's a lot of money.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    You think he would come play for half of what he's being offered everywhere else? Because that's what he would have to do to sign with the Knicks and allow them to still keep Chauncey. I don't know about you, but I'm not taking 4 yrs. 20 Million when i can get 4 years 60 million. That's a lot of money.
    Tyson Chandler is overrated. He's had 2 good seasons his whole career. Billups is a proven winner. Stoudemire's knees are fine. He's the second best PF in the nba, second to only Dirk. He had one of the best seasons of his career last year so I think his knees are fine.

Thats fine dump Billups. Miami will pick him up and that will just fukk the Knicks even more. Can you imagine Billups a knock down 3 point shooter playing on MIA? He would not be scared to slap Lebron around a few times if he gets out of line

zoo youk

Chauncey stated he's retiring if knicks offer him amnesty

Tree Rollins

Chauncey stated he's retiring if knicks offer him amnesty
    That's not what i heard. I heard that after they amnesty him, if he is picked up by a team he doesn't want to play for, he will retire. If Chandler signs, he's getting amnestied. He has to.

Amnesty isn't like free agency. He doesn't get to choose where he want to go. Every team under the salary cap will first have a chance to pick him up, and if he clears that, then he'll be able to sign wherever. The way i understand it, it's kind of like waivers in the NFL.

Tree Rollins

Tyson Chandler is overrated. He's had 2 good seasons his whole career. Billups is a proven winner. Stoudemire's knees are fine. He's the second best PF in the nba, second to only Dirk. He had one of the best seasons of his career last year so I think his knees are fine. Thats fine dump Billups. Miami will pick him up and that will just fukk the Knicks even more. Can you imagine Billups a knock down 3 point shooter playing on MIA? He would not be scared to slap Lebron around a few times if he gets out of line
    Yeah his knees are well enough to play at a really high level, and so are Kobe's. That doesn't change the fact that he has a degenerative knee problem, same as Kobe.
    I think Amare will be a beast this season, just like last...but his knee condition is the reason a team like NO wouldn't take a chance on a 4/year $85 million deal. It's to risky if you're trying to rebuild.

zoo youk

No. Your wrong. The Knicks just traded Turiaf to the Wizards so they officially have enough room for Chandler

Who knows maybe they'll Keep Chauncey

Tree Rollins

No. Your wrong. The Knicks just traded Turiaf to the Wizards so they officially have enough room for Chandler Who knows maybe they'll Keep Chauncey
    Turiaf makes $4 million a year. They are offering Chandler almost $15 million a year. How does trading Turiaf make enough room?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats fine dump Billups. Miami will pick him up and that will just fukk the Knicks even more. Can you imagine Billups a knock down 3 point shooter playing on MIA? He would not be scared to slap Lebron around a few times if he gets out of line
    that would be a great pickup for miami

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Rollins View Post
    Turiaf makes $4 million a year. They are offering Chandler almost $15 million a year. How does trading Turiaf make enough room?
    Do I really need to explain this? They don't have to make the same amount of money to have enough cap space.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/

Tree Rollins

Do I really need to explain this? They don't have to make the same amount of money to have enough cap space.

http://www.theknicksblog.com/
    Lol. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but you're an idiot. Cutting Turiaf was the plan from the beginning. How do you not know that being a knicks fan? Amnestying Chauncey wasn't going to be enough, they had to get rid of Turiaf along with him and everyone knows that has been the plan. When they say "the knicks now have enough money to sign Chandler after trading Turiaf" They mean that trading Turiaf, along with the amnesty of Billups that the whole world knows about, creates enough space.
    Did i really have to explain that?

123 Last